Question about buying AOTC

nope.

nope

Ideally, but not required (it’s so you don’t get insta-MC’ed, not that it will matter).

Yes, last boss, mount only carries are cheaper than full clears with gear funnels.

With a hunter it is all much much easier if you play Beast Mastery.
The pet can handle tanking most of the things you have to kill along the way.
You also get a free 370 weapon doing the Nazjatar intro which is required to get the essences and ultimately the cloak.

Depends on what your main is and how skilled you are with it. A prot pally in just benthic gear is fine. An Spriest with Black Empire + R1 Essenses might have problems

Yeah, a hunter is fine as long as they keep Mend Pet up and use their standard rotation

“I was told that you need the cloak, so you don’t get mind controlled the second the boss is pulled. You get mind controlled you can’t run off the cliff and die, and the Boss can control you and make you hit Party Members.”

“At least, that was what I was told.”

1 Like

When we carried a no-cloak guy, we just insta gibbed him on both Carapace and N’zoth. It’s no biggie, but ideally if people have the cloak, it’s just one less thing.

2 Likes

I think the worry about not having a cloak is about if will get credit, not cause a wipe. If in fact, you don’t get credit by trying to kill the party, you can always just be the person who pulls (as it doesn’t really matter on the N’Zoth fight who tags first)

You need the cloak, that’s it. You cannot get credit without it. You’ll get MCed instantly without tagging the boss. Unless they let you pull!

1 Like

“And just so people know… Perky Pugs run Ally Groups. Friendship Dragons run Horde Groups.”

“Just thought that might be important info.”
/smile

1 Like

“I knew it had SOMETHING to do with the MCing.”

1 Like

If your going to buy a carry with gold I strongly suggest finding an actual raiding group, preferably on your server, instead of the trade chat spam lvl 1s. Shop local :).

2 Likes

“Very good advice.”

what mine did lol never felt like I cheated so bad before.

That’s not a carry and it’s a complete rip-off.

“Give me gold to join my raid, know fights” is rofl.

2 Likes

I agree, this sentiment was explained later on just a few posts down. There are some shady groups that do this though, and I thought it best to mention it.

:four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Cool, didn’t read the whole thread and I don’t owe it to anyone to do so.

:skull_and_crossbones:

I’m vaguely thinking of doing the same, OP, since I’m finding it increasingly difficult to raid. In the past the guild that took me through the AoTC didn’t require me to do anything, just hit the target if I felt inclined but otherwise just be there. Obviously for this last boss you need the cloak but even then you probably don’t if the guild is strong enough.

“They made the Cloak necessary, to avoid a Mass Effect Mechanic. So I advise to get it. It’s not that hard, and you don’t need to even level it, just have it on.”

No, you just pay gold and then you tag boss and die and they kill for you. I wouldn’t do it tho.

I checked out one of the Discord groups for the free run and they said you don’t even need the cloak. It would probably make life easier but with a very strong Mythic group doing an Heroic raid I suspect whatever I did wouldn’t matter. (But I’d have it on anyhow).