Quest tracker on tooltip not showing

Title explains it all. Bottom right quest tracker on mobs or objects is not showing making questing very difficult.
Problem started two days ago. Already disabled all addons and restarted interface and the problem persists.

P.D : Did the repair thing on the launcher too
4 Likes
Having the same issue.

Started sometime in BC and now is carrying on in Wotlk... this is VERY annoying :S
And it just randomly stopped.
I'm having this issue as well. I'm getting quest progress for any kill X number of mobs quest, but any collection quests don't show up on mob tooltips.

I've already deleted WTF, Cache, and Interface folders, but still nothing showing quest progress.
Not sure if this will help but try this

/console autoQuestWatch 1

after you hit enter do a reload
/reload

Also if you like to use addons

Install the addon Advanced Interface Options from Curse. Once in the settings open CVar Browser, and in the search type in (all one word) autoquestwatch. Double click on the 1 and change it to 0. 1 is on, 0 is off. Remember to reload the UI.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/advancedinterfaceoptions
4 Likes
Also having this problem, pls blizz this really sucks
1 Like
This is really !@#$ing annoying. Blizzard needs to fix their broke %^- game. I'm tired of spending my money for this game to be riddled with bugs.
1 Like
It is not only the tooltip, it is also the aura under the mobs.

If the quest's goal is to kill 10 ennemies, the tooltip shows "x/10 ennemies slayed" and there's a yellow aura under them.
If the quest's goal is to get 10 items from those ennemies, there's nothing in the tooltip (when there should be a "x/10 items) and there's no aura under the mobs.

Clearly, there is an issue with tracking quest items. I am going to bed now but I will try to create a new character to see if the problem persists.

Blibli, if you're reading this, it would be great to pass the message. I did some research before posting it and it seems like a lot of people are having this problem recently.
Did any of you find a fix for this?
/run SetCVar("showQuestTrackingTooltips", 1) should fix it
109 Likes
01/27/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Bentanism
/run SetCVar("showQuestTrackingTooltips", 1) should fix it

THANK YOU :D
13 Likes
the command-/run SetCVar("showQuestTrackingTooltips", 1) does not do anything for me nor does toggling the setting in advanced interface options. The issue only seems to exist in Northrend and Outland with Kill/Collect quest most of the time but also with some others. Be sure to report this bug in game, it is not an addon issue.
1 Like
02/16/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Disciple
the command-/run SetCVar("showQuestTrackingTooltips", 1) does not do anything for me nor does toggling the setting in advanced interface options. The issue only seems to exist in Northrend and Outland with Kill/Collect quest most of the time but also with some others. Be sure to report this bug in game, it is not an addon issue.

Same thing in Outland and Northrend. It says collect X amount of this from mob and you hover over mob and it doesn't show that is the target you need for the quest. Ridiculous.
I am posting this nearly a year later because the problem still persists. I believe this is a bug and none of the console commands seem to fix anything for many players. Hopefully blizz will see this and look into it.
Same issue in Zangamarsh with the Umbraglow Stinger for the quest Diaphanous Wings, no quest tracker in tooltip or outline glow. I've tried all the commands above except the addon.
Still an issue, over a year later.

Every time I come back to this game, I almost instantly want to unsub again because of stupid crap like this. Nostalgia only takes one so far when the bugs in the game cause more frustration than it's worth.
2 Likes
05/08/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Mystraele
Still an issue, over a year later.

Every time I come back to this game, I almost instantly want to unsub again because of stupid crap like this. Nostalgia only takes one so far when the bugs in the game cause more frustration than it's worth.

And it's still an issue right now.

"Keeping Up Appearances"

Gather 10 Ripfang Lynx Pelts, objective does not show on the Lynxes.
I haven't met a quest in Zul'drak yet where quest tooltips work. Disabled all addons, nothing. I have it set to show quest NPC names as well and no command's done anything for either missing indicator. Submitted a bug report but posting just so people know it's not just them.
05/05/2017 02:36 AMPosted by Mcwings
Also having this problem, pls blizz this really sucks
Still having this issue in Northrend. :(