Quest: Chief Engineer Scooty

I’m unable to receive the quest “Chief Engineer Scooty” from [Sovik] in Orgrimmar. I opened a ticket and received the following response.

ME: Quest Name: Chief Engineer Scooty
Per WoWHead, this is supposed to be picked from Sovik in Orgrimmar, but there is also a known bug with how this quest’s availability interacts with other quests. I’ve picked up Rig Wars, and Chief Engineer Scooty still isn’t available.

Is there something I’m missing, is this a bug, or is there something else? I need to be able to get a Goblin Transponder.

Thank you,

GM#1: GM #1 here! Thanks for your patience while we looked into this today!

Thank you very much for bringing this issue with Chief Engineer Scooty not being able to be picked up to our attention!.. It looks like we have reports of this from other players, so I’ve added your report to the list to assist our Quality Assurance team in investigating the matter further. :slight_smile:

I also wanted to let you know that we have a really nifty “Submit Bug” feature!..

This ticket has been marked as Answered.

Me: Good evening GM#1

…I’m happy to submit the bug and intended to when I’m able to login, but I was hoping there was another fix you could do for me. Without being able to do quest "Chief Engineer Scooty " I can’t do the follow up, “Gnomer-gooooone!” to get the Goblin Transponder.

…As horde feral druid player, obtaining Manual Crowd Pummelers with no Goblin Transponder to easily access Gnomeregan makes this drastically more difficult to play the character well at level 60. If possible, I’d appreciate if you could award my character a Goblin Transponder, to prevent having to wait for a bug patch/fix cycle for this to be addressed.

Wowhead link to Manual Crowd Pummeler…

Thank you!

#GM# 2: Hey there, player.

Game Master #2 here.

…I am sorry to say that we are unable to provide the Goblin Transponder as requested. Our developers have not confirmed any bugs that would prevent this from being awarded at this time, and they have not given us permission to send the transponder…

Me: I would draw your attention to this blue post archived by mmo-champion in 2009. It seems as if developers confirmed this bug 10 years ago!

MMO-champion link to blue post on EU forums 2009/10/08 01:58:04 AM

"This is a known issue I’m afraid, and is caused by the mechanics of the quest chain. Our developers are aware of it but realistically it may not be possible to solve it without extensive work.

The good news is that if a mistake is made along the way, we can solve this with nifty tools. Simply open a ticket explaining the situation and a Game Master will most likely be able to sort this out if you’ve missed the quest."

6 Likes

I have the same problem and so do a few of my guildmates, if you outleveled the quests in gnomer you cannot get the goblin transponder.

Basically GM’s are worthless and you’re screwed until devs decide to fix this which could be tomorrow or four months from now.

Same for me, as well. I really hope they decide to fix this.

The saga continues!

GM: #3

Thanks for getting back to us, player

GM #3 here. As previously mentioned we are aware of the issues with this and also that it was an issue in the original WoW as well. That blue post your reference there also calls out that it was not something that would be able to be easily fixed.

With the tools and and processes we have at our disposal now, this may change and become something that can be corrected. However, just like back when this was originally discovered, for the time being this is not something we are able to step in an assist with directly.

In the mean time, Gnomeregan can still be accessed if there is something you are looking to farm or if you are helping run folks through that content. It will simply require a bit more time to get there to get started

I am sorry for any inconvenience this situation may cause. Thank you for your time while I checked into this.

If anyone else is having the same issue I urge you to report it and hopefully we’ll start getting better responses than this.

1 Like

Lovely. Put in a ticket this morning. Hoping this gets reported enough that it can be fixed. If not I will bump this thread daily until we get a blue response!

Keep putting in tickets for this and report the bug once a day, been doing it for a few days now.

2 Likes

Ticket response to me said there way nothing wrong with the quest and pointed me to wowhead where the comments from years ago were saying it was bugged. Apparently GM’s can no longer sort out the issue, either.

Bumping this again for blue response. I get that this was a bug back then (and we got vanilla warts and all), but honestly it’s something that should be fixed as it makes it so the horde cannot use the gnomergon teleporter.

Still not getting a satisfying response on this. GMs suggesting it’s not likely to be solved soon and they can’t provide a fix just doesn’t make sense.

Still no update, I guess we need to throw a fit on reddit for them to fix anything.

BUMP!

2 extra trips from Booty Bay to Gnomer made so far.

I am having the same problem.
We are talking about a 15 years old game so I can’t explain to myself why this bug is not already solved.
I am in the same situation as Veloxic. Since I am playing Feral druid I want the mace which is droped there so this bug is making me having a bad game exprience

Just checked today after a server transfer. STILL busted and unable to pick up the quest.

After 15 years of beeing buged it’s obvius they wont fix it. Start getting the idea of having to go walking

Fix please.

It’s a bit more than just walking. It’s a zeppelin/boat, then fly, then mount, then walk : )

Need a real fix.

I made a video ,

I also am putting bug reports . I am going to just simply ask if they can send me a goblin transponder.

GM’s are next to useleas and won’t give you anything. We need this quest flag fixed.

Day 3700: Some would call me a fool, but I’m still holding out hope.

Having the same issue here on WOW CLASSIC Horde Bigglesworth. The quest Chief Engineer Scooty does not appear when we accept the quest Rig Wars. Please get fixed asap!!!

I took a look at the previous responses and all of the information we have here and it looks like this is a bit of a known issue right now, but we’re not able to assist with it just yet by either completing the quest or provide any quest items manually. This is still being looked into and there should be a fix or more information put out pretty soon, so keep an eye on the site and forums for more updates.

If you haven’t already, I would still urge you to submit this as a Bug Report through the in-game Help menu. That way our QA team can take a look at the situation and figure out exactly what is happening. Then they will get with our developers and implement a fix for this so it does not happen again!

I know this isn’t the exact response that you were hoping for, but I’m glad that I could at least take a look and offer some additional information.

I didn’t realize there was a post here, but I also sent in a ticket. This was the response I got. Looks like they are looking into it now. Hopefully it is solved soon.

Edit: I did submit a bug report as well.