Quest Bug: Darkblaze, Brood of the Worldbreaker

Hey there!

Stuck on this quest. In the final phase of this quest, I summon Darkblaze, but at 2 HP the encounter appears to bug out. The NPC’s that accompany me disappear, and Darkblaze’s health will not drop any further.

5 Likes

This has been bugged for months (like more than a few other quests). The ONLY time I’ve been able to complete it is when there’s nobody else around and I can truly solo it. Even if another player is sitting there, watching, not doing a damn thing, the mission become bugged and won’t complete. I think the devs are getting way too comfortable in their jobs. Time for a shakeup. (And I say that as an Activision shareholder.)

2 Likes

This has been bugged since 2010. This is really sad that it is still happening. On my 7th try to finish this quest right now.

This is the oldest bug report I can find. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1126993987

1 Like

2019 still buggy. Come on blizz wtf

3 Likes

I just had the problem, and overcame it by doing this:

1. Went back to the quest giver
  2. abandoned the quest
  3. accepted the quest
  4. went back to where Darkblaze is
    clicked the object on the ground
  5. when Darkblaze went into combat mode, merely right clicked him and waited.
  6. I took no damage, and his health gradually went down as my character just bashed him with its staff.
  7. After a minute or three the quest completes and he flies away.
10 Likes

@Sareir This worked for me - after the third attempt, followed these steps and quest completed.

Here’s what I did (at max lvl 120), I blew the horn, let Darkblaze come down, I just stood there and let the men around me fight him, his health decreased after a few minutes, then he flew away and dropped into the lake and that completed the quest.

You have to let all the NPCs die before getting him to zero health. I think that’s the secret.

yes your right this is still broken did it 3 times and nothing then i click horn and stood there and did nothing not one shot leet the npc do it and it worked i think we do to much damage and its bugging it out

After several bugged attempts finally got completion because I did no damage, just let the npcs fight it out.

Yup, that worked, thank you!

I’ve searched all over the internet for a solution, including here, and nothing is working at all. Have not been able to complete this quest in almost a year.

So what do I do if the NPCs are nowhere to be found?

This still works like a charm, thank you!!

I did this quest about 10 times as discussed with and without engaging in the fight with no luck, then I saw a video where the main character moved, and a light flashed. So I blew the horn then backed up the dude followed me out and summoned the dragon. Then the cast of characters killed him off! I did not enage. I hope this helps.

2020 still bugged…

Please try one click of the horn and backing up. Let me know.

still bugged, how has this not been resolved?

5/1/2020 - Took me 5 times. I tried different things other people have mentioned but it finally worked when I arrived and someone else was already fighting him.

Tried this on my 108 worgen death knight. I tried 3 times. 3rd time I let the NPCs do all the damage, didn’t touch him, and it still bugged out. This fix doesn’t work.