Quest: A Nose for Ptrouble

Can’t complete this quest. Kua’fon isn’t in combat and the mob he’s supposed to be attacking is in another phase. The only way to see this other phase is to use Flightmaster Whistle and port to the FP, but you can’t actually interact with the mob you’re supposed to kill.

Isn’t just me, at least 4 people have posted in the wowhead comments of this quest with the same issue, all in the last 5 hours or so. Quest ID is 50838.

7 Likes

I’d like to mention this quest is bugged for my hunter as well. I tried server hopping and even having someone not on the quest kill the mob (he could see it) while in party with me. Kua’fon ran away and I did not get credit, but respawned elsewhere, again with a phased away mob. He was not on a max level character. Hopefully this info helps troubleshoot what is causing the bug.

2 Likes

Having the same issue. Tried all day to complete quest and can not.

2 Likes

Having the SAME issue, i really can’t believe this is happening at the last sliver of rep to have him completed for stage 2
Truly a MASSIVE slap in the face from blizzard
…again
edit:
QUEST: A nose for ptrouble in the Kua’fon mount quest line
at the area ATAL’GRAL in ZULDAZAR theres a mob called [Dreadcoil Aggressor] that is seen when relogged (for 1-2s) & in flight whistle path if you are NOT in these phases that mob ALONE is invisible, everything else on the ilsands are very much there.
8 months in this expansion and now personally I really have lost faith in actual bug fixes being present or even worked on.

2 Likes

Same on mine, mob is stuck in a phase and can’t touch him, and waste a whole day in the chain to make it worse…

2 Likes

Same here. At first when I went to rescue Kua’fon, he was hitting an invisible monster so I wasn’t able to rescue him. Now he has disappeared altogether from the Naga area although the quest is still showing as incomplete.

This quest has been bugged twice for me as well

If you walk out away from him for a short distance ( away from the zone ie. out in the water or up the hill behind depending on where he spawns) the mob will phase in and your pal will phase out. Kite the mob to you don’t go back to him or he will phase out again. Kill and complete.

1 Like

i dont see any gm post about it

played this game for 14 years and this is my first comment on anything ever because i cannot believe that blizz has gone sooo downhill lately that they cant even fix a damn quest that rewards a mount?!?! i love wow and prolly always will but this is sad

1 Like

Still happening 14Oct19.

This is the second time it’s happened to me (so far). I’ve completed all of the questlines in Zuldazar so it shouldn’t be an issue with improper phasing due to questlines. There are no world quests up at the moment that should be messing with it.

Kua’fon is at 79.63 37.16 and seems to be fighting something that I just can’t see. I’ve tried relogging multiple times, I’ve tried leaving the zone and coming back, I’ve tried dropping the quest and picking it back up. Nothing works.

1 Like

This is still a bug and the quest can’t be completed by a melee character. If you back up the hill out of range the mob phases in, and for melee characters, there is no way to fight the mob as when you get close enough to taunt or use judgement (paladins) the mob phases out.

I even tried the tentacle trinket last night to have them engage the mob and it doesn’t work. It just goes out of phase! Please fix this! (10/15/19)

Still an issue as of march 2020

1 Like

still an issue

Still bugged. I’ve tried dropping the quest, creeping in from outside of the quest area to see if the enemy will spawn, and realm hopping.

I think the phasing issue is caused by the Tortollan Seekers quests in the area. I fly over the area and I lose rares such as G’Naat which you need for Adventurer of Zuldazar. I feel the phase that we get after stopping the naga from getting artifacts from the temple is overriding the non-phased version of the sub area.

1 Like

Is there any fix for this yet??

1 Like

This is still an issue.

1 Like

This is still an issue. How sad is it when a quest has been bugged for over a year?

1 Like

EDIT: I am doing this on my 120/50 Belf DK. The toon picture doesn’t match.

Extremely. Especially when clearly there are plenty of people notifying Blizzard of the bug. I myself have had it three times this week, and have obviously been unable to complete as it is still very much bugged.

For me, I have never even SEEN the enemy I’m supposed to rescue him from. It just simply isn’t there. Everything else in the zone (except G’Naat, who I also have never seen when I’ve been in area) is VERY MUCH there, though. Just not what I need, so I waste a day waiting for it to reset. I got very unlucky that today AND yesterday were both Nose for Ptrouble! Two days in a row wasted, unable to progress towards the achievement and mount. Then coming here to forums to find out they’ve known for a YEAR?

1 Like