Query: Why not include BGs with release?

Because timegating is important to a lot of customers, and it’s in the best interests of Blizzard. They timegate content to make the content last longer. Sometimes they even timegate the content without actually adding any content! (latest bfa patch)

People who want to pvp are going to play immediately so that when BGs drop, they’ll be ready. They’ll get bored of BGs eventually, if they delay bgs by 3 months, that adds 3 months of subs to every person who’s gonna get bored of BGs.
They do the same thing with raids, but for different reasons. If all raids dropped at launch, due to mudflation, MC/BWL/AQ would get done by people just enough to get them geared for naxx, thus cutting the life of the game for those players as well.

cross realm is fine, we are getting 1.12. they could just put the gear in later or use the level 58 stuff at first

1 Like

that would be better than not having them. i’ll probably be on a pve server since bgs are the only pvp i care for. after about 14 years of pvp servers im over it, and having to go to the portal isnt ideal, but its manageable

the 58 blue gear wouldnt hurt anything if it was in the game at launch either

Agreed and thank you

plenty of good reasons have circulated this thread

Agree its stupid if bgs aren’t out at release thats very unauthentic to my experience as when I was playing bgs were out.

Bg gear is powerful but worrying about someone getting pvp sets is kinda dumb.

Sadly BFA is bad because of time gating legion fall was bad because of time gating. :((((

Its very worrisome blizzard staff really hates pvp they made pvp worse every expansion after wrath.
I worry about sharding on pvp realms because sharding ruined it for me in legion when I came back and BFA.
They are probably going to shard every contested territory.

I did bgs for fun not gear you aren’t going to see a cluster of people with honor gear unless it is burning crusade.

You do know that dungeons aren’t going to be trivial because of honor rank gear, you have to have a high rank before you can start getting them.

It won’t trivialize it because you need reputation from 50+ instances to get into raids.

Uh…what?

1 Like

I could be wrong but I don’t think the rank 13-14 gear was ever updated during Vanilla. The blue quality PvP sets were updated once.

Well not only that but the high level pvp was much much harder to come by just because of the nature of the pvp system than raid gear.

There were a handful of rep items that were pretty good but most people would never get past blue gear in the honor system.

They were upgraded. The stats were changed and upgrade pieces and additionally added the healing mace and some other caster items. They go from being on par with BWL still to being better than AQ weapons.

Agreed.

I started playing in Nov04, the week the game came out, I can honestly say bgs were the point the game started going down hill.

I remember seeing a vid of of a rogue player at the time pretty well known, Stuck, and he made about AV and how it sucked. I remember agreeing with him then.

I felt that way then and I feel that way now.

I just checked and the rank 12-13 Epic PvP armor pieces did indeed have their stats increased in patch 1.11.0. I can’t find the information saying how much though.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_1.11.0

Yep but it wasn’t all that much and still the epic armor was much rarer than epic raid pieces.

Yeah, back in the day the “good” PvP gear was extremely uncommon. It required a ton of grinding, and it involved outperforming the other members of your server from week to week (I believe that’s the case, don’t quote me.)

I suspect it’s because they’re going to let the people who really enjoy wpvp have it be the go-to for pvp for a time.

Wrt: “good” pvp gear – didn’t you also have to have a certain rep with the PvP factions, as well as have the honor or marks to buy it, too?

Have they confirm that honor point system is being release along with BGs? AFAIK, back in vanilla, the honor system came first and BGs came later. So there was a point of time where there was honor system without BGs, so we might still able to gain honor points but from wpvp when classic is first released.