Quartermaster's coin change for season 3

A blue posted this in a PVE raiding sticky over on General Discussion:

Does anyone know if the change from a Battleborn Sigil to a Warlord’s Trophy mean that these will actually be useful in season 3? Details?

1 Like

Sounds like it. Warlods Trophys are based on your rating.

1 Like

I thought the current battleborne sigils were based on rating?

Battleborne sigils are what we can get right now for 10 weeks of turn ins.

They are, they upgrade your item to whatever your rank is,eg,rival-405,duelist,415.

So, Quartermaster’s Prize seems to be the replacement for the Season 2 Quartermaster’s Coin.
However, the turn in quest now requires 40 of them, up from 10 of the Season 2 coins.

I don’t yet know how common these are, but the Battle for Nazjatar event did not give me a Quatermaster’s Prize for winning.
From my experience so far you seem to be able to collect 2 from both CTA weekly quests, as well as 2 from your weekly conquest chest. For a total of 4 tokens per week.

Taking 10 weeks to complete a turn in, while doing 2x what you were doing in Season 2 for that same rate, really kinda sucks.

If you rely on your weekly conquest chest alone, like in Season 2, you will possibly be unable to collect enough tokens for a single turn in before the season ends.

2 Likes

The warlord’s trophy better be a 445 upgrade with those requirements.

This is huge! warlords trophies are ilvl equivalent to your chest reward. Sigils were equivalent to end of match rewards. That being said it now requires 40 of them to complete the turn in and with bonus rolls no longer returning them I’m not sure the frequency will make them worthwhile. I have heard you can get from all the PvP quests though.

This is still kind of useless for those of us who don’t do rated? I thought I remembered getting a warlord’s trophy in season 1 that was actually useful.

Season 1 had a trophy available at dueilist ilvl I think from conquest reward towards the end of the season.

1 Like