Battle of Dazar’alor Raid Achievements and Off-Season Details

Am I really the only one that agrees with Blizzard on the decision to close Cutting Edge when Eternal Palace releases? Even if it is a mini raid, it should end when the next tier begins, except a few oddballs like ToV (which became an absolute joke to get.) If you want cutting edge you have to put in the effort.

1 Like

I doubt it was a lack of effort. Seems it was more expectations based on past actions, leading players to believe that a raid they released less than 2 months prior, shouldn’t lose its CE achievement window so soon.

Seems like another afterthought on Blizzard’s part, in an expansion with so many. You can argue that CE on a mini raid is unimportant but then if that’s the case they could just not have a CE for it and players wouldn’t feel disappointed by stuff like this.

2 Likes

It really is a lack of effort though, regardless of whether the CE goes away immediately upon raid release or the release of the next raid. What else would you even do other than prog crucible? Reclear BoD 1 time a week in 1 raid day? Sit and do nothing for other raid days? Splits?

1 Like

What if a guild is still working on CE BoD and don’t have time or see the incentive in pushing CE CoS because it’s only been out a few weeks? I’m positive Blizzard has statistics on how many guilds are CE BoD and have nothing but time for CE CoS. If not, there’s always Wowprogress.com.

If we’re strictly talking about a CE BoD guild that has nothing else to do but CoS, and they miss the mark – okay sure, that’s strictly on them.

1 Like

I doubt a guild still working on Stormwall/Jaina this late into the tier would care about clearing Uu’nat until the very end of Azshara, where the fight would be a pushover joke of a Cutting Edge.

2 Likes

It should have been communicated when the raid dropped is the issue Tiggles. This CE decision is a 180 flip from how this has been handled prior. If I don’t get the CE, fine whatever, but the way this was handled was completely aggravating. WatcherDev claimed that Restless Cabal was “Mekkatorque/Rastakhan difficulty” in an interview, which has not turned out to be the case if you look at the statistics of # kills. I think the whole way this raid was communicated to the public was extremely poor.

Sure, CE Uun’at would have been easier during Season 3, but what is wrong with that? If you want prestigious kills, that is what Hall of Fame / Famed Slayer is for. Blizzard has boxed themselves in with this CE because of this whole ‘season concept’ and that is why they feel obligated to do this.

I think the blue poster in this thread is over estimating the power of the essences in the two week window after 8.2 launches. Almost half of the essences cannot even be obtained since they say “Season 3 or later” and the season will have not started yet. Furthermore, rank 2 or 3 requirements are probably out of reach on the few essences that are obtainable. Plus, you will only have the one essence slot, not two or three. I am not convinced that one rank 1 or 2 essence is going to greatly push guilds over the edge on this fight. I will gladly say I am wrong and hope so for guilds that will need it.

2 Likes

“Competitive RPG” is such a bad meme anyways.

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with the effort involved. Mythic Crucible of Storms was released less than two months ago, even if 8.2 drops in one month from now, Crucible of Storms still will be the shortest CE raid, since Cutting Edge introduction, ever made!

What Blizzard is doing here isn’t much different than only giving Cutting Edge for those that managed to be in the Hall of Fame.

Guys, don’t forget that Crucible of Storms had no upgrade path, every Mythic Raider is stuck around 415-419 item level it’s almost impossible to breach the 420 mark, and Pieces claimed their World First with 417,48 average item level while stacking the best classes in their raid composition.

Now tell me how the average Mythic Raiding Community will have a chance without any gear upgrades, having less than three months to clear one raid that all bosses inside surpass the last boss of Dazar’alor, and also without having the same item level or stacking classes like the World First guilds?

How this is fair?

What is the point of the Hall of Fame if the Cutting Edge is been treated in the same way?

I really wanna know what Blizzard has to say about it because what’s holding you guys back in doing the same thing in 8.2.5?

The same thing can happen again in the next patch, they can release another mini raid extremely late with overtuned bosses and remove rewards right way prior to 8.3, AGAIN!

THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!

I’ve been raiding Cutting Edge content since Mists of Pandaria, and Blizzard never made one raid with this short duration before. Leave alone not having an item-level progression path.

Mists of Pandaria

Mogu’shan Vaults

October 9, 2012 - Heroic Mogu’shan Vaults Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until patch 5.2 The Thunder King that was released on March 5, 2013.

TIMEFRAME 146 DAYS!

Heart of Fear

November 6, 2012 - Heroic Heart of Fear Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until patch 5.2 The Thunder King that was released on March 5, 2013.

TIMEFRAME 118 DAYS!

Terrace of Endless Spring

November 20, 2012 - Heroic Terrace of Endless Opened!

TIMEFRAME 104 DAYS!

Throne of Thunder

March 12, 2013 - Heroic Throne of Thunder Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until patch 5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar that was released on September 10, 2013.

TIMEFRAME 181 DAYS!

Siege of Orgrimmar

September 17, 2013 - Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until Warlords of Draenor pre-patch 6.0 that was released on October 14, 2014.

TIMEFRAME 391 DAYS!

Warlords of Draenor

Highmaul

December 9, 2014 - Mythic Highmaul Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until patch 6.2 Fury of Hellfire that was released on June 23, 2015.

TIMEFRAME 195 DAYS!

Blackrock Foundry

February 10, 2015 - Mythic Blackrock Foundry Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until patch 6.2 Fury of Hellfire that was released on June 23, 2015.

TIMEFRAME 132 DAYS!

Hellfire Citadel

June 30, 2015 - Mythic Hellfire Citadel Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until Legion pre-patch 7.0 that was released on July 19, 2016.

TIMEFRAME 385 DAYS!

Legion

Emerald Nightmare

September 27, 2016 - Mythic Emerald Nightmare Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until Nighthold was opened on January 17, 2017.

TIMEFRAME 112 DAYS!

Trial of Valor

November 15, 2016 - Mythic Trial of Valor Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until Tomb of Sargeras was opened on June 20, 2017.

TIMEFRAME 216 DAYS!

Nighthold

January 24, 2017 - Mythic Nighthold Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until Tomb of Sargeras was opened on June 20, 2017.

TIMEFRAME 146 DAYS!

Tomb of Sargeras

June 27, 2017 - Mythic Tomb of Sargeras Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until Antorus, the Burning Throne was opened on November 28, 2017.

TIMEFRAME 154 DAYS!

Antorus, the Burning Throne

December 5, 2017 - Mythic Antorus, the Burning Throne Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until Battle for Azeroth pre-patch 8.0 that was released on July 17, 2018.

TIMEFRAME 223 DAYS!

Battle for Azeroth

Uldir

September 11, 2018 - Mythic Uldir Opened!

• Cutting Edge was available until Battle of Dazar’alor was opened on January 22, 2019.

TIMEFRAME 132 DAYS!

- CURRENT TIER -

Battle of Dazar’alor

January 22, 2019 - Mythic Battle of Dazar’alor Opened!

TIMEFRAME UNTIL TODAY 06.07.2019 : 136 DAYS!

Crucible of Storms

April 23, 2019 - Mythic Crucible of Storms Opened!

TIMEFRAME UNTIL TODAY 06.07.2019 : 45 DAYS!

FOURTY FIVE DAYS!

One Month and a half!

The shortest raid before Crucible of Storms was Terrace of Endless Spring with 104 DAYS!

With that in mind, I don’t think that Crucible of Storms should last until 8.3, just stretch the window until 8.2.5, this will give for the raiding community at least 100 days, like every raid in the past.

Please Blizzard! :pray:

Give us at least 100 days, as every raid had since the Cutting Edge and Ahead of the Curve achievements were introduced!

PLEASE! :pray:

9 Likes

Yeah wow. Thread over. Bliz needs to rectify.

1 Like

??? Why is CoS AotC and CE going away with the patch, it hasn’t been out even a respectable amount of time, nor has it been tuned properly at all. Many guilds have just decided to ignore the raid until next tier because of how overtuned it is because it actually feels like a waste of time rather than a difficult boss.

5 Likes

Good job everyone! Ion, and his guild, have received your energies and were finally able to defeat mythic Jaina.

You should expect your reward (Crucible nerfs) to arrive in 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Best part of all of this is we are trying our best to push deeper into CoS Mythic despite this terrible decision and now Void Stones are broken!!! We experienced this first hand tonight.

See this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/comments/byv4ab/void_stone_shield_bugged_to_fall_off_almost/

Don’t you have QA teams to test this stuff? Guilds base their Cabal strategies (especially 175+ pulls in like us) on multiple Void Stones being used. Why even bother doing this instance? Again, you are just spitting in the face of people trying to do your poorly thought out micro-raid. We were already feeling stressed to get this down and possibly move to Uun’at and this surely does not help!

15 Likes

God that super short time to get Terrace of Endless Spring CE was terrible, felt like we got to farm that boss for 2 weeks and then it was time for ToT.

And now CoS CE goes away in half that time :joy:

2 Likes

In a future expansion, people wil cease earning achievements for things that used to give achievements, argue with Blizzard about achievements for a year, and have Blizzard roll out a new kind of Pathfinder feat of strength for people to earn in order to unlock the ability to earn achievements for everything else.

Someday after that will be an expansion where we have to Like and Subscribe to Blizzard on facebook, twitter, youtube, instagram, and post at least 3 favorable reviews about them in order to unlock the ability to create new characters in WoW.

Then the warden program they use to detect and disable bots will also be rigged to detect and disable FFIV. Ha…

What the short time for CE means is that my guild will very likely not bother with COS mythic at all particularly with the patch around the corner and only a month until the raid comes out.

This is unfortunate. I was hoping they would extend CE to the end of the 8.2 Tier but not this time.

Some additional information for PvP over the next few weeks:

When Season 2 ends with the content update next week, players will no longer be able to turn in their Quartermaster’s Coins to receive Battleborn Sigils. Quartermaster’s Coins can be sold for 50 gold.

When Season 3 begins the week of July 9, players will begin receiving Quartermaster’s Prize items from their Conquest schedule rewards, Call to Arms quests, and the Nazjatar world PvP event.

In Season 3, a missed Bonus Roll in PvP will award Azerite Power, but a missed Bonus Roll will not award a Quartermaster’s Prize. Completing the weekly “Quartermaster’s Bounty” quest by trading in Quartermaster’s Prize items will award a Warlord’s Trophy (not a Battleborn Sigil).

1 Like

Happy to see this question answered ahead of time.
When do we get to see the conquest track for next season?

1 Like

I also want to see the Conquest track. And have it progress to mythic quality at the very end, like 8.0 and unlike 8.1. I almost unsubscribed when it started repeating 400 items at the end.

Also please fix air drops and bring back assaults. Nazjatar world PVP is misdesigned and generally stinks by comparison.

Have they still not released the conquest track?
Season 3 starts in less than a week now.

1 Like