Quality of life changes for HAVOC Demon Hunter (PLEASE READ BLIZZARD)

I’m a PVP DH main but I think even the PVE players will agree with most of these.

So. Our class received over 50 nerfs since DF beta. Over twice more than any other class.

We only have 1 DPS spec. If it has problems they need to be addressed with priority, because we cannot reroll to another spec, like warlocks, mages or rogues can with ease.

Problem #1: Chaos strike / Annihilation does ZERO damage. It is a borderline worthless global for all types of content, worse than a filler. Overpower is a Warrior filler, ive seen it crit players for over 90k. Blade of Justice is a Ret filler, hits people for 70k. Chaos strike hits for like 20k without meta and like 40k max in Metamorphosis.

Problem(s) #2: Chaotic Transformation and Looks can kill talents. Meta reseting your Eye Beam / Blade dance and Eye beam being guaranteed crits have nearly always been baseline things for Havoc DH. Literally cant spec these quality of life talents in a PvP build ever, and it feels bad.

Problem(s) #3: Netherwalk talent placement change literally robs you of a talent point because the talent is needed 98% of the time in PvP. The other problem is Blur cooldown is up 17 seconds from Shadowlands (was 43 with max conduit) to 1 min now while classes like Warrior got their offensive cds like Warbreaker more often. Please reduce blur CD by at least 10-15 seconds and make Netherwalk in a more accesible part of the talent tree.

Problem #4 (PvP only): We are literally getting abused by CC, especially roots. It feels miserable to sit in a 7 second Steel trap and being completely unable to do anything about it. EVERY other melee in the game has a specific ROOT removing talent. Please provide a PVP talent that removes roots of any kind, like Tiger’s lust (without any movement speed or anything). Reverse magic DOES NOT count, because its a higher value talent that should be used for removing important CC from healers like Polymorph or Freezing trap.

Last but DEFINITELY not least: Demonic talent that provides you with 6s of Meta after Eye beam is picked up by pretty much EVERY DH in pretty much EVERY type of content. Meta cooldown being 3 minutes is WAY too long for how mediocre the “burst self buff” cd is compared to things like Avatar and Avenging Wrath which have half the cooldown.

Please reduce the cooldown of meta to 2 minutes. The damage is not unhealable or broken, and most of the time for example arena games do not last long enough till 2nd Meta.

Please Blizzard.

13 Likes

Bilzzard devs dont read forums.

4 Likes

They dont like us.

2 Likes

You honestly think they’ll respond? They cant even give us changes that work nor give us announced changes for 10.1, 3 weeks in mind you. Nothing, not a damn thing.

“Its day 1 of PTR” I bet you MFers are taken a back now, dont give that sorry a$$ excuse again

2 Likes

It’s better than doing nothing.

2 Likes

How about asking for a change to Fodder or a replacement.

1 Like

Did you read the post at all?

Also theres no real issue with Fodder, if you don’t like the RNG play Elysian.

Moving netherwalk node to passively make the most viable and widely disliked momentum build to cost one more talent to use the skill is the last straw for me. You have brought up a lot of good suggestion but now DH has to trade fury generator for a 3 MINUTEs defensive, on top of already bottom barrel healing sustain, this is beyond frustration. I am giving up on this class when warrior / Ret paladin / BM hunter constantly receive great rework.

This is why your whole post has no weight, the majority of the Demon Hunter player base don’t like Fodder. Just you mentioning this makes everything you said prior not even worth reading. You must be a 1500 PvP Andy.

2 Likes

If you don’t like Fodder, play Elysian decree instead.

Regardless, Blizzard needs to look at DH for once, its been nerfed and ignore for 3+ months now

I don’t PVP on my DH, but doesn’t Vengeful Retreat remove roots and snares?

It does not remove roots.

1 Like

okie thank u

With this logic… If you don’t Like Demon Hunters, play Warrior.

Its my main class I will play it no matter what. But if Blizzard ignores it for months on end and keeps dragging it further down into the dirt, there’s little point of doing so. I play on 3.1k mmr in shuffle and 2.4 mmr in 3v3 and right now its pretty unplayable into other classes that got buffed.

The only thing I care about is a viable alternative to momentum. If it’s a flat “use this talent and do more damage with all abilities”, then it will never go away. It will always be the best talent.

Many many other people, along with myself, despise playing momentum.

3 Likes

I laughed at problem one and quit reading, useless filler what??? It has its uses.

1 Like

I have one thing to say about your comparisons to Chaos Strike. Blade of Justice and Overpower are not filler abilities, first of all, and you can’t use either one whenever you have the holy power/rage, which is the advantage that Chaos Strike has over both of those abilities. So although it does less damage with every usage of it, you will be using it more often.

It’s sad nobody cares man… purple class in the garbage can

2 Likes

They should make vengeful retreat break cc and roots. Not you are immune while on air…

That’s 1 to 2 sec you need to super guess have cognitive mutant powers to say they will root me, let me jump back to avoid it.

2 Likes