Quality of Customer Service

So you wanted them to be nicer to you.

I’m really curious what the gm even said to this person thats gotten their feathers so ruffled if it wasn’t rude it was just “impersonal”

Personal touch, especially when giving someone bad news, is always better than a generic email form. But, Blizz is a megacorp so its not shocking. Disappointing? Absolutely.

I think it can be best summed up as “Its not always what you say, but sometimes its how you say it”.

1 Like

Nonsense reports are why some people are currently suffering a game breaking bug yet are still forced to wait 20+ hours for a single reply.

1 Like

That is what they said.

No they said it was their fault.

Nothing wrong with being a loyal customer.

I didn’t see that anywhere in OP’s post.

If you think OP is a Karen a real one would be the thing of nightmares for you. o.o

1 Like

Actually, a CS rep posted a thread you might be interested in that highlights what CS in wow does.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spotlight-on-game-master-help/11354

2 Likes

People can call OP a karen all they want, customer service has gotten worse over the years.

2 Likes

At this point, I’m pretty sure there’s a standard form letter which these complainers are using.

Every complaint about CS is exactly the same.
(i’m not even kidding, this can be verified via searching for threads with either “Customer Support” or “Customer Service” in the title)

• “I’ve been playing since…”
  • “Yeah it was my fault, but…”
  • “I miss the days when I could speak to an actual person.”
  • “…fired all your employees”
  • “I was basically told…” (always a little embellishment added here, they never like to give the specifics of what they were told)
  • “I’m going to take my money elsewhere.”

perhaps you didn’t read the entire post?

1 Like

Ah the politeness of the employees was never an issue, the issue is that most of the times you can’t even get to talk to a real person, you get several automated replies back to back until someone finally reads your ticket.

I’ve sent tickets in past about an issue only to receive at least 4 automated replies to issues not even related to what I was asking them.

In my country we don’t even have the chat or phone option anyone, which used to be a good option when you needed help urgent, but now you have to wait days.

2 Likes

You’re right, the food is probably worse

I asked too, they wouldn’t answer

Did you want them to send you a care package or something. Good god the entitlement from some people. You’re literally mad because YOU made a mistake and Blizzard won’t pat you on the head, tell you everything will be okay, and undo YOUR mistake.
Look at my name.
Even I’m embarrassed of your behavior.
Stop.
Grow up.
Move on.

4 Likes

The irony of the WoW forum being used for constructive feedback, rather than as a means of fueling the ego of those who wish to ignore ToS of the forum to make remarks on an individuals character rather than contribute to the community in a constructive manner.

Sorry to disappoint, I’m not embarrassed one bit and could care less what you or anyone else thinks of me or what I had to say. Hopefully now that you got that out of your system you can move on yourself.

?

was there meant to be something in your post which could be considered “constructive feedback”?

so… you care? good.
you should care.
… because you need to re-evaluate your position on this complaint.

1 Like

Blame the player, not the game designers/developers. Interesting approach.

I disagree a little. Working in an office, you have casual interactions with coworkers. I’ve solved problems by overhearing a conversation or mentioning something in passing during a break. I’ve had situations where I heard someone say something in a hallway and later realize that talking to that person may help solve a work related problem.

All I’m getting out of this thread is “blah blah GM support is awful now” and I don’t disagree with that. It’s irritating submitting the same ticket 3 times before someone finally reads it and responds with something that is actually relevant to the ticket. There was a time where GMs would message you in-game pretty quickly but those days are long gone.

1 Like

this isn’t even a issue that you should’ve open a ticket for and I’m glad the GM didn’t waste time with you.

Im not sure some of you have ever heard of this word, but you may want to learn about it. You dont have to agree with the OP but everyone in their life has made a mistake.

compassion

[ kuhm-pash-uhn ]

noun

a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.

The original post was more a critique / depiction of my experience, the discussion that followed for those that chose to discuss the presented topic rather than the poster themselves was constructive.

I suggested safeguards to ensure that the same doesnt happen to others - such as making the quest mandatory / automated prior to opening your first vault.

I also suggested that the old ways of GM interactions (in game) felt more personal and allowed for the player base to feel that their concerns had been listened to, even if the result was that they were unable to help.

As for caring, I dont, troll on.