Q'onzu Was a Disappointment

You don’t have to be a mortal to supplant a god that is more powerful than you.

Non argument.
Non issue.

They took a hit at the horde and gave the status to the alliance.

Part 1 (taking away Bwonsamdi’s “oldest” status" happened in Shadowlands. Part 2 (giving that status to someone else) happened in Dragonflight.

1 Like

Yes, as was noted.

So… we’re just ignoring the fact that in the same expansion we’re told Bwonsamdi isn’t the oldest, we’re also told Muehzala is older by logic of being the original Loa of Death, and raising Bwonsamdi up as a Loa himself?

One might argue, Muehzala’s status as being older was taken in Dragonflight, but we don’t really have any lore on when he showed up either.

Mueh’zala’s statement doesn’t explicitly say that he predates the existence of trolls, though.

1 Like

True, but in that same expansion we have Wild Gods from other planets older than Azeroth, so… plenty of Wild Gods out there which have predated the existence of Trolls.

Heck, the Draenei predate the existence of the Trolls if we want to get down to it. I don’t see why this is a hill players are choosing to die on. Trolls are one of, if not the oldest race on Azeroth, but we’ve encountered races and beings older than them long before now.

They didn’t

Mueh’zala and Hakkar are older than the trolls.

I have a theory [well supported] that Atal’Dazar was originally a temple to Hakkar.

2 Likes

What does that have to do with bwonsamdi being older than the oldest race on azeroth before blizzard nerfed him in shadowlands and just made him a dead troll?

1 Like

I am not sure I would say they are the oldest loa, really. They decided they would be a loa because it sounded fun. They are not bound to the same “worship is required” restrictions true loa are. Nor are they really a wild god, as they seem to predate the titanforged and emerald dream itself.

We do not really have a word for a being native to whatever the plane of life is.

The oldest actual loa is likely Torcali as the spirit of fertility and the earth itself, or Mueh’zala as the spirit of death and time. That tends to be where pantheons begin from and build up from there.

the best way to fix the whole Elune storyline for horde players is to give a race that follows Elune. maybe we have that with the Harronir

That makes no difference. Droman Aliothe is a Wild God who has nothing to do with either.

Fair, though we do not know that for sure. All we have is their world got torched by the Legion. There is nothing on if the Titans had shaped the world in the past before that point.

Eh, I’d rather they not do that. We already kinda have that with the tauren acknowledging (the wrong name of) Elune as an aspect of their own religion but it doesn’t stop the content from being nelf-centric, because Elune has always been central to their own backstory and buildup. All another Elune-worshiping race would do is further establish her as hand-me-down content because the game won’t center an actual, original horde race for more worldbuilding.

4 Likes

They are in an awkward spot there. If you take elune’s favor away the night elves sort of loose the one trick they have. Basically they would need to expand the elves at the same time as reducing the importance of what has been set up as the only thing propping them up.

1 Like

I dunno about that as night elves still seem to have a chokehold on nature as a concept. I guess we’ll have to see what Blizzard does with the Harronir but good lord I’m not looking forward to those becoming playable, especially after Earthen and Nightborne. :confused:

1 Like

Because he’s not he was a mortal troll priest who was elevated to godhood after the trolls turned away from Mueh’zala. He was made the heir of Mueh’zala, who passed over the title willingly. [Presumably around the time of King Dazar’s reign]

1 Like

The super easy solution would have be the Nightborne still being elune worshippers.

They were night elves, they are still of the night, Make some lore on how inside the dome a lot of Elune worshipers formed a stronger bond with the moon they could not see, and then “her favorite people” could apply for both bight elves and nightborne.

Regardless of how old Bwonsamdi might still be, I want him to be my spirit healer permanently. Please make it a choice Blizz!

6 Likes

His quotes when you died during BfA questing were hilarious. Bwom for spirit healer!

Lets make it happen!

5 Likes

Yes.
He was retconned into this.
Before Shadowlands, Bwonsamdi was ancient.
One of the oldest gods of Azeroth.
He existed before Trolls did.
He took their shape because he liked them.
That was cool.

2 Likes