QOL: Mana - OOC Mana Regen, water, consumes not scaling

This phase has been painful for mages, lesser so for other casters who don’t go quite as OOM as we do, but we still all hate out of combat drinking in its current form.

We aoe one pack down, and then have to drink for 2 more packs. It is brutal.

This is because we have level 60 mana pool but level 40 water.

Suggestions:

• Reduce the cooldown of evocate - its too long such that we don’t have it from fight to fight, let alone be able to use it for trash. Progression fights are brutal where they go long so we need evocate but if we wipe, its 8min until we have it up.
  • Change water to be % based? Something
  • Scale mana pots? or improve mana gems
  • Buff the scrolls of evocation that laughably require out of combat status, and give 400mana maybe?
  • increase out of combat regen
7 Likes

OP just say what you really want: remove mana entirely :expressionless:

I would support something like reducing the drink timer so you get the same mana back, faster. You still have to click the button, and do the thing, but you can get back to the group faster

no - proper mana management is a thing.

I’m not talking about in combat here.

2 Likes

This is painful for other AoErs. Spriest has a similar experience unless I blow CDs on trash (no ty).

I have a spriest - and it doesn’t compare as far as mana efficiency so far less downtime. However, yall still suffer when you do have to drink, just as we do.

But imagine not having dispersion, shadow fiend, and the 50% reduced mana cost from shadowform…that is a mage atm. Actually if we crit, it costs us more mana (lol)

Its still rough for all casters though but good god mages, and will only get worse for all…which is a problem.

You’re replying to a known troll. Look at his post history, 90% of his posts are sarcastic bait with that emoji on the end.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re unique in your suffering. I guess you can hop alone in campaigning for your % water regen that we all want.

Anyway, putting being snide aside, it sucks to lose your entire mana bar to AoE to parse orange overall. Which is what Spriest has to do.

You didn’t read what I said.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply what I did - was trying to say that even with a decent toolkit for mana, its still a miserable experience that seems a bit unnecessary.

Apologies.

1 Like

I think if they gave mages a QoL “spirit tap” rune or reduced CD based on kills (you could add this to boomy, spriest, lock), it’d help even the scales. But this game is long overdue for % water or something.

Dude you’re annoying

What he is saying is factual

Gear is more powerful than before. Food and drinks are not tuned with that in mind, as are things like mend pet when your hunter pet has had literally 50% more HP at one time

Things like this should be adjusted and accounted for. HP and mana food need a buff at minimum

1 Like

And he conflates mana management in combat (which is a key part pf Classic) with mana returns out of combat (which isn’t fun).

We should have water that returns 100% of mana in no more than 10 sec.

1 Like

Yeah OP, i don’t play mage but i get the problem. Im sure theres plenty of kool bois that will hate the suggestion even as they pull every mob their card can render and have a meltdown if someone meekly suggests a mana break. These same geniuses said NO to more water per cast of summon water.

Anyway, I play disc priest and am lucky to have a few cool mana regen tools, if mages need a bump here I hope you get it

this is the main reason pvp feels like dog on a mage atm. kill stuff, survive then have to drink for 1min to get full mana… just faster to die and rez… smh

I think that mages should be given slightly better utility of this regarding the state of things.

I see shamans with shamanistic rage getting back 200+ mana per second for 15 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown, which is almost full recovery per cast dependent on gear.

Warlocks have lifetap.

Priests have dispersion and shadowfiend.

I think we should have received a head slot rune that cut the evocation cooldown to 2 or 3 minutes considering its our main tool for mana regen during combat, other than mana gems, and mana gems at current levels are basically previous tier mana pots, since this spot seems more focused towards utility.

You gave us a mini-scroll of evocation which can’t be used in combat and only recovers a small portion of mana. Arcane surge only recover a fraction of what other classes got for mana return and it is a 2min cooldown. I get it has a damage compinent, but it is pretty much ripped from retail and the difference is the retail version recovers full mana easily.

1 Like

Triple or quadruple mana regeneration from spirit.

id gives mages “Rune of evocation”

“Reduce the cooldown of evocation to 2 minutes. While casting evocation the caster cannot be interrupted or silenced and take 50% damage reduction”

that would solve all the problems, both for pve and pvp. i should replace whoever lead designer on sod is. id make the game much better lol

Naw, I don’t think in combat mana needs such a huge buff. Its out of combat mana regen which is the annoying part.
Mana management in combat is one of the corner stone mage functionality. And is usually the reason why mages get to do extra damage because it costs them more mana.
But out of combat where mana management its just a chore of sitting down and doing nothing and has no gameplay components its just boring.

Pretty please blizz - I rarely ask for changes and accept things as they are but this one has gone a tad bit long.

Throw us a bone! or water fountain. Whatevs! haha

Reduce the mana cost of Holy Wrath and Consecration while you’re at it Blizz