Q & E Strafe keybinds don't work

My strafe keys stopped working, I checked the binding in options it is still there, reloaded UI didn’t help. guess i use them alot because now my character doesn’t move right. I is a Dranai Shaman.

64 Likes

Same issue

4 Likes

Same issue here. I’m in the obsidian tower area in the new expansion for what it’s worth.

6 Likes

It started working again when I left. No idea what caused it.

2 Likes

remount your dragon, fly, then land, should allow strafing again

72 Likes

that fixed it. seems to happen any time I take a flight path too. very weird.

3 Likes

exact same spot it stopped working for me, after the cut withe the new dragon son.

2 Likes

Thank you, worked like a charm.

2 Likes

This happened to me before going into a dungeon! It was super rough!

10 Likes

TYVM!! this worked… It happened when i qued for a dungeon… went in and my controls stopped working… ugh…

4 Likes

Having this issue when I zone into somewhere that doesn’t allow dragon riding - like dungeons and when I go back to Orgrimmar. My Q & E strafe doesn’t work and my jump doesn’t work which is…kinda really important to fly normal mounts.

9 Likes

I’m having the same issue. This happens when you enter a dungeon and is really frustrating because there is no way of fixing it.

12 Likes

I was having the same issue. Mounting my dragon and flying around for a bit fixed it. Mainly commenting so Blizz might see this.

3 Likes

you are awesome that fixed it i was in a dg the whole time so frustrated

1 Like

So I teleport out of dungeon. Mount up, fly for a bit, land and dismount. I can strafe. I teleport back into the dungeon (brackenhide hollow). It was bugged again. I did this one more time before restarting wow, kicked from group.

Join a new dungeon group. Make sure not to be mounted and can strafe. I load in and strafe aint working, teleport out. Do the same fix. Teleport back in and its bugged again.

Fix yah game!

18 Likes

It appears to occur in certain areas. In Camp Antonidas in Azure Span, my keys remain bound to A & D for strafe left and right, but they simply do nothing. They start working again when I leave that area.

Edit - I went back to Orgrimmar at 70 and my normal ground mounts no longer fly. i can’t take off.

4 Likes

This fixed bless you sir

2 Likes

This has been very frustrating…Yes mounting back up and flying then landing fixes but if you zone into an instance it breaks again and you can’t mount your dragonriding drake. Please blizz…this isn’t beta

Edit: I also want to point out that since dragonriding has been introduced, my camera has been very buggy. For instance when turning my character left and right using A and D which i do not do very often, however there is a lag for the camera to actually catch up to the direction my character is facing. Prior to dragonflight launching i did not have this problem.

10 Likes

im getting this pretty often, so much so i updated everything in my pc today to see if that would help lol

4 Likes

Happened when I zoned into a dungeon while on my velocidrake. Teleported out of the dungeon, mounted/dismounted, no dice. Took leaving the dungeon group and relogging to fix it finally. Just started happening this morning.

4 Likes