Q/A response

Hi! There was some decent an highly popular questions answered during today’s Q/A. 1 thing I liked is they’re planing on working on the leveling experience. As someone who plays a lot of alts, this being 1 of them, making the leveling experience actually enjoyable an mean something when you “DING” a level each time will be nice. I’ll look forward to what they do.

I also like that Ion said they’re going to bring back the Caverns of Time portal soon. In my opinion the dev’s need to look at adding Flight Masters to some of the locations that portals were removed, such as Karazan. I personally think Flight Masters in general across the world need to be upgraded a bit.

• Upgrade the Flight Masters to offer direct flight taxi’s instead of the meandering paths they take now.
  • Upgrade the Taxi’s themselves to fly at a much greater ground speed then it currently is, say 700% of ground speed (currently 300%)

I have a few suggestions I’d also like to offer

• Upgrade some major zone hub innkeepers to offer hearthstone items for sale, which would be the same type as the Dalaran Hearthstone is today. such as each shrine in Pandaria.
  • Expand the incursion events and World Quest system to include “OLD” world zones. to include leveling players in the story of what’s happening in the “end-game” continents. have them scale by level, and offer reasonable rewards based on the players level. I think this would offer more options to all kinds of players from the leveling player to the “End-Game” player.
  • A lot of players are unhappy with the amount of “BUG’s” that are within the game. I’d like to see a special PTR based widget added to the B-net App to let players know what’s up on the PTR for testing. This could be concerning things like: up coming new content, BUG testing, testing of BUG fixes. ETC… there’s a lot of BUG’s that have been making their way on to the live servers lately. This would give players more of a chance to test and give their feedback.
  • Upgrade 1 of the vendors by the Island Expedition scenario tables to offer the ability to repair players gear.
  • I like the phasing added in 8.1 around the ship mission tables. I’d like to see this added to other places in the game such as: around the Warfront, an Island Expedition tables - around the time-walking vendors, instead of forcing a dis-mount - around the world event areas such as great-father winter, an the Christmas tree, the love’s in the air vendor area, ETC…

I’d also like to see feedback from the developers, either directly, or from a forum Community Managers response to the Questions brought up within the Q/A forum post’s below, and all others going forward. both of which were locked down right after the Q/A completed with absolutely no responses to any of the questions written down within them to address questions not answered during the LIVE Q/A, and in fact the US version was unpinned so players can not even see it on the TOP section of the GD forums.

1 Like

A couple more suggestions I’d like to add

• We’ve had the current heirloom’s for several expansions now. It’s time to either add Max level, new model, versions; an delete the current versions. or keep the current versions an still add in new max level versions.

This concerns the forums themselves. I’d like to see some forum changes to help with conversation flow these include:

• keeping replies to peoples post contained within the reply section of a persons post (collapsed by default). this would help eliminate conversation confusion.
  • add a highlighted new reply count to the reply section of a persons post like what is done to the peoples tracked posts section.
  • don’t double post replies to peoples post’s within the thread itself. this adds to confusion and disrupts contextual flow of the conversation. This would also shorten the overall length of the thread which would make reading the thread an it’s conversation a lot faster

I think this would help promote more constructive conversation, an help keep the conversations flowing in a more contextual way.

I’m sure people can think of more suggestions to help make WoW better an feel more fun. I’ll gladly encourage you to post yours, lets just keep this constructive. I’m sure I’ll be adding more things as I think of them.

1 Like

Just thought of a couple more suggestions as I cycled through my daily AP WQ farming.

Island Expeditions - At the Moment there is to much focus on the race. I feel there is a need to slow the pace down a bit to give people more options on how they wish to progress through the scenario. rewards seem in a decent spot - except mounts (extremely rare) maybe add to the doubloon vendor.

• there is also an exploited function in Island’s an that’s the kick feature. I know there’s the option to get a group of friends together and que up an run the mythic version or pvp version, but I don’t have the time or patience to find like minded people to run them with. this brings up the issue where people particularly people from the same server whispering each-other to formulate what their goals are and not actually communicating with the random player that filled the 3rd slot on their game plan. even if they weren’t communicating via whisper people are randomly kicking other people for no reason what so ever just cause… even if that random player is following along with the group an contributing to the progress in a reasonable amount, and not running off on their own, and winning the scenario, the people will sometimes be kicked just out of spite.
  • I also feel there should be some sort of formatted set of pre-formatted select-able discussion dialogs that players can send out at the preparation stage of the scenario to let others know what your goals are.
  • also eliminate the cool down on the group finder so players who are unlucky enough to get kicked from the group - where if the kick feature weren’t there to begin with this wouldn’t need to happen - so they aren’t penalized from queing just because they were randomly kicked out of the scenario.

Professions - high end gear from professions are locked to that profession and not sell-able or trade-able, an with the limited use of enchants on gear an rarity of gem slots on gear, professions are pretty useless. with the addition of the “tools of the trade” items in 8.1.5 that was a start but we need much more.

Gear - several classes use the haste stat more then anything else, new raid tier gear has less haste available, gear itemization has always been an issue since vanilla, an has gotten worse over time. I get certain stats are required such as: Stamina, Armor, an the big 3: Agility, Strength, Intellect, but in most classes Haste is also a primary stat. Haste as a stat on gear is even more rare then finding the Frightened Kodo in Darkshore. I feel Haste as a stat should be added to the primary catagory.

Game - Lag is bad in the game, specifically when groups of 15 or more are around such as in the BFA faction capitols, Incursion zones, and warfronts - I know it was talked about before in a previous Q/A. personally I’d like this fixed soon

• add the areas around the Island Expedition and warfront tables to the rested area?

Items and currency - There’s still a lot of OLD currency items from previous expansions that still have not been converted to the currency tab an removed from our bags.

these links are just to offer names of several that are still physical items contained within players bags, there are several more that I didn’t link above.

• Also there are several toy items, trinkets from older raids an dungeons, pets, an mounts from older expansion promos, raids, an dungeons that aren’t sell-able or trade-able. I’d like this addressed.

I skimmed over what you wrote, as there was a lot, but this part stuck out to me. Didn’t they just add some trinkets and a cloak with the warfront vendor? I’m fairly certain they’ve had heirlooms added intermittently each expansion since MoP.

Also, if they “deleted” all the old versions (which I acknowledge you also provided an “or,”) what about people who have 100+ of them? Why would you delete them? Makes no sense. Not bashing your idea, just seeking better clarification on this portion specifically and providing information on how they have been releasing new ones.

yes they’ve added over time more an more heirlooms, most of those they’ve added though have been level upgrade-able level 60 heirlooms. An yes that includes the 5 trinkets an cloak you mentioned that were added into the game when they added the service medal vendor at launch of patch 8.1. they have never added in any max level heirlooms ever. all they’ve added in, is the ability to upgrade the heirlooms to the current Max level, were the castings.

It’s time to start adding in some Max level heirlooms with new models to the game an possibly retire the current models from the vendors. I’m not saying retire the appearance, some are pretty good, but there are literally over 80 heirlooms in the game (84). most of which are slotted as 0/4 upgrade-able. if you’re one who collects every model in the game the cost gets really astronomical with most heirlooms costing between 500 an 700 gold with some costing 1,000 gold. then add in the astronomical cost to upgrade all those (84) heirlooms, in most cases, 4 times, it’s easily near 500,000 gold just for upgrade tokens to upgrade all the heirlooms to work up to max (120) level. I can only imagine the cost in the future to upgrade to future max level, with armor / weapon tokens possibly reaching 10,000 gold each maybe even higher.

Personally I’d prefer to buy “max” level heirlooms, sure I’d expect these to be expensive, but it’s 1 step, not 5 separate steps just to obtain a “max” level usable item.

This is just my opinion, I’m not saying it’s the opinion of the majority or even a minority of the players.

1 Like

I’ve watched the Q/A a couple of more times to see if I could have any opinion on any other questions an answers that were discussed. An I do have some feedback on a few more things that Ion an Josh discussed

1. regarding the very first question regarding the RNG in the game as well as the discussion regarding the systems in place concerning loot
  • I personally like that they did try to explain how the systems are supposed to work, but they really didn’t get very deep into the issue that most people have with the system itself.
  • I like how the loot system progressively scales up as you progressively gain power. I know that most of the systems are meant to be taken in increments an progressed through in a passive means. generally they’re meant to be progressed in pretty much the following order:
  1. leveling gear up to MAX (120) level, this includes leveling scaled normal dungeon armor / weapons.
  2. then you move on to World Quest(ing) to progressively gain power through the rewards
  3. then move into normal dungeons to fill in for any armor / weapon slots that haven’t been filled by WQ rewards up to an average item level of 305 to unlock heroic versions of the dungeons.
  4. once you get heroic dungeons unlocked you start running those to continue progressing in boosting your power level (Ilevel)
  5. also to fill in with you power progression, along side heroic dungeons, continue to do WQ’s an emissaries to both boost you AP towards your neck level, as well as pick up armor / weapon upgrades, up to 360 for WQ’s an 385 for emissaries, excluding relying on the warforging / titanforging system, which I’ll delve into a little later on in this post.
  6. once you gain enough power (average Ilevel) you can start progressing through some more challenging content such as warfornts, Looking For Raid difficulty raid wings to continue boosting your power level.
  7. If you feel comfortable, once you are comfortable with your knowledge of the more difficult content (raids an mythic dungeon), you can move on to running normal, heroic, an possibly mythic difficult raids, mythic, an mythic+ dungeons by searching for organized groups, guilds, an communities.

This in general is the normal means of progression, I’m not saying you have to progress in this fashion, there are a lot of shortcuts that can be used to progress a lot faster, these being:

• professions - for the 310 ILVL an 340 ILVL crafted items
  • Auction House - for filler 310 ILVL to 350 ILVL crafted items you can’t craft yourself.
  • communities, guilds, an friends you’ve made can help out with both crafting upgrades as well as helping out with group content like dungeons, raids, an things like the rares in the new revamped outdoor warfront zones of arathi highlands, (which drop ILVL 340 armor an weapons) an darkshore (which drop ILVL 355 armor an weapons)

Now for the touchy subject that is a HOT topic with quite a few players out there. This being the Warforging, an Titanforging system. I like the philosophy behind the system, but it’s flawed in it’s implementation.

• In it’s current form any loot (except azerite armor pieces: head, chest, an shoulder,) can Warforge / Titanforge to the current cap (425) from any type of content including capped 360+ WQ’s
  • I personally like the surprise factor when 1 of these pops off, but I also think it should be capped based on the content the player is doing at the time. the cap should be Titanforge should be set @+15 above the content you’re doing, examples: 300 ILVL WQ’s would TF cap out @315 ILVL, capped emissary quests @385 would TF cap @400, BoD LFR @370 ILVL would TF cap @385, ETC…

By capping WF / TF to +15 above the content the player is doing at the time, would restore the natural progression, and preserve the integrity of those players who do the harder content in the game. I’m not saying it actually affects them in a game play standpoint, but it does in terms of pride, an the hardcore players sense of meaningful progression.

As far as their comment on the Titan Residuum (TR) vendor, the prices are progressively higher then what Ion said it would be in his post earlier prior to season 2 (S2) going live (he said they’d be triple per tier). As well the sources of TR have progressively became less and less in terms of where you can get it from. prior to S2 all rare or epic quality azerite armor from all sources, with an ILVL of 340 an above, could be scrapped or dis-enchanted an yield some amount of TR. once S2 went live tho they silently changed the sources of TR to ONLY epic quality azerite armor 340 an above could yield TR from scrapping, or dis-enchanting. which means ONLY emissary rewarded, mythic dungeon rewarded, an raid rewarded azerite armor could yield TR from either scrapping or dis-enchanting the pieces. to go along with the only other sources of TR being from the M+ an PvP caches each week. If it were triple the cost per tier as you progress up to the select 415 token it should only be 4,455 each an not 7,125 each ( which is over 4x the previous tier, an is 4.8x what it should be over the tier lower (1,485 which is what a 415 random token should cost))

1. I totally agree with their answer to the next question regarding how gear resets go.
  • normal raids in the new tier should be a sideways / lateral progression to the current mythic raid tier - this is the learning phase of the new content.
  • I do however think +15 per tier is a bit higher then it should be.
  • I personally think +10 per tier is where it should be, an to go along with this I personally think WF / TF should also be capped at +5 for WF an +10 for TF, above each tier. this would put gear within Ion’s comfortable +30 per raid season in better perspective. instead of his +30 plus a +15 on top of that to take into consideration the WF / TF system.

I will not even get into addressing question #3 in the stream. as my meaning of fun will always vary widely differently from how others view the meaning of the word fun in terms of play…

Same I won’t even go into #4 either as to go along with #3 above it concerns PvP, an PvP isn’t fun for me. so ILVL gear rewards from PvP doesn’t affect me in any way. same for M+ an raids, I opt not to do either 1 of these either mainly because of the current lag issues within large group content, I know it’s far less noticeable within instanced content, but it’s still bad enough that I won’t participate in it.

Question #5 I’ve already addressed in a previous post within this thread - see post #3 above to view how I feel about gear itemization.

Question #6, regarding portals, I’ve also already covered in my initial post beginning this thread an my opinions are contained within my initial post above.

Question #7 - I like that Ion announced chest pieces will eventually be hide-able as well as the fact it was announced on Friday that they were also expanding on that to allow the hiding of all slots (except pants, an I’ll assume trinkets, neck an rings, since they’re not seen anyway.) i also like that they’re going to start relaxing some of the restrictions on what can an can’t be Transmoged.

Question #8 in regards to character customization options. I’ve said it in other posts an I’ll say it again here. some races have plenty of customization options where also some still need a lot more options added, mainly more skin color options as well as more facial expression options for several races.

Question #9 in regards to allied races. sure I’d like to see more added, but I’ll agree it should be related to the story within the game, but I also agree with some people in regards to races like the vulpera, which was a large part of the horde story in voldun, almost to the point that it was a toss up between the zandalari an the vulpera on which actually had a better story. to go along with this the unlock quest-lines in question #10, i wish they were repeatable, they were fun an interesting, some had more story to them then others tho, i think some of them could have been a bit more fleshed out in regards to their backstory.

Question #11 In regards to the leveling experience, I’ve covered my opinions already within this thread both in post #3 an also in post #5 above so I won’t address it again here. tho I do feel a player level squish would be a feasible option in terms of the longevity of the game as a whole. the how though would be a huge undertaking.

Questions #12 an #13 at this point I’m not really interested in since classic itself is still being developed, an I hope it will be as true to the authentic version as possible.

Question #14 in regards to the guild management tools. I personally feel all the permissions options should be reverted back to the original iteration prior to their integration into the newer communities feature, with the exception of the integration of the guild chat part of the feature, which is used by the mobile phone app. the main part that needs to be reverted is the guild tools / permissions themselves.

Question #15 in regards to dual factioning. As someone who has MAX level characters on both sides. I’d like more incentives to continue playing both side besides just more story.

Question #16 is not even a worthwhile question to even be considered to even be in the stream as Gold is an will always be a part of the game as a currency. Inflation of the price of goods on the other-hand has been outrageous for years an as a whole has outpaced real life inflation by 2 fold. tho other currencies in the game do need to be addressed, an I’ve addressed my opinions in post #3 above.

That’ll pretty much will do it for my more extensive overview an feedback in regards to the Q/A itself. I’ll encourage people to check out some of my suggestions I’ve offered up within this thread as well as encourage others to offer up their own suggestions they’d like to see added in future patches or expansions.

Again these are my opinions, I don’t claim to speak for the majority or even the minority for that matter. an I’ll encourage others to offer their opinions they have towards the latest Q/A an other news released since.