Q&A and BFA Feedback for the Devs

Lol, you are too sensitive to post on forums if you are going to get your feelings all hurt when people disagree with you.

And I seriously don’t mind warfronts at all. However, I am more than capable of looking at a piece of content and deciding for myself whether I enjoy it or not. I think it depends on what you DO in those warfronts, that determines whether you like them or not.

And I most definitely WAS serious about my post. I don’t normally read books on here.

Amine is just a paid poster for Blizzard. Has three different people working eight hour shifts on the account. So just ignore them.

7 Likes

Agree with some stuff disagree with others. The RNG isn’t that big of a deal on its own there just needs to be some kind of additional system to guarantee gear and be able to target specific slots.
Professions honestly aren’t that bad relative to how they’ve been since around Cata. Professions have kind of always been lackluster since ~BC.

If it were up to me it’d be BC style raid progression, but that’s definitely NOT been the sentiment of the players.

1 Like

your ilvl’s are out of whack…385 in pvp with it’s current state means everyone will just pvp.

There is no longer a difference in gear when it comes to pve and pvp anymore. That’s the problem by having ilvl tied to gear stats.

1 Like

As an enchanter professions have gone backwards in a bad way. It is the worst I have seen it. Legion and BFA has broken the spirit and joy of professions in this game.

Back in the day you could enchant all your gear slots as well as gem a lot of gear which was really, really fun.

Blizz argued they removed so many enchants on gear to make it easier on players.

But then they throw RNG gear and RNG stats at you nearly everyday which forces new players to replace their gear everyday literally which makes gear feel meaningless.

Compared to the past a tier of gear held for an entire tier and enchanting gear and gemming that gear felt good. In fact it felt good that the gear could last you to the next tier but slowly upgrade it felt very rewarding.

I also had a reputation on my server of being an enchanter and people would come to me and interact with me.

They stripped too many MMORPG elements out of the game not only in class design, gear progression but also professions.

Now we as a player community are down to two relevant enchant slots (eg rings) which feels bad.

11 Likes

The way I referred to the problem with RNG is steak. It’s better with a little salt and pepper. WoW is more enjoyable with a little RNG. The steak is ruined if you put a whole salt and pepper shaker on top of your steak though. The same with RNG in WoW. Of course, this is just my opinion. I can only give my personal feedback ;p

I profoundly disagree about professions. They’ve become more of a side minigame than Pet Battles in my view. There is nothing enjoyable or exciting about professions right now in WoW. I have far more fun in professions in ESO.

In regards to “all tiers in the current expansion should be meaningful” what I’m attempting to say is that they should not become irrelevant during that given expansion. Everyone has their own version of what that means, but I don’t think most people are satisfied that Uldir is now as relevant to gearing as Black Temple or Nighthold is. I too would prefer the TBC model, but almost anything would be better than raid progressions current incarnation.

5 Likes

Holy wall of text Batman!

1 Like

Well said OP! Blizz has so much RNG now that loot tables no longer really matter, getting loot is no longer fun.

Killing off the guilds was their biggest mistake, we were the pillars of the community and look now how the servers sit.

The leveling is a huge problem, I cannot get anybody to join the game at all, if they start playing it doesn’t last much past 40 before they just tire out… the MMO aspect is gone, it’s mostly single player. The wall of levels is just too damned high.

8 Likes

and PvP give 385 ilvl cache with chances of extra transmogs/mounts/toys/pets.

Given that WOW pvp is rife with cheats, bots and what have you, a flat NO. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes
  • There are too many difficulties per raid tier which is part of the cause of this problem. A normal and a mythic are all we need

No.

LFR has outlived its usefulness.

LFR is fine as is.

Lore, there is no need to (man, do I hate this term…) “mansplain” to the community watching. Please stop interpreting what the question is, rewording it, and paraphrasing it back to us. Sometimes you even do this to the answers Ion gives.

Just get rid of him and have Ion fo them himself.

By its very concept MMORPGs are a hardcore gamer genre.

Not even close.

Time and effort are a currency here.

Not on modern MMO design, no. Note that word. MODERN.

I know a MAJOR MMO developer / creator whose comments on design contradict yours…and seeing as his MMO has upwards of six million subs and climbing vs WOW in a slow spiral to lights out, I listen to him first.

2 Likes

Oh no, reading must be so hard that you have to call soneone a troll…

1 Like

his is going to be unpopular with many reading, but you made the right decision on removing most portals. This is an MMO world and instant traveling anywhere was a problem.

ESO and FF14 have instant travel, are MMOs and dont have any problems at all.

Odd, innit?

6 Likes

Yeah, it is, because there’s no incentive for 120’s to go backwards as well as they now have to level through 120 levels basically by themselves, we og players had a different experience.

Where’s the fun in 120 levels of solo play?

4 Likes

There isn’t that much booze in the world.
Flips hair

2 Likes

Clearly Amine’s alt, but you make a valid point that should be addressed - whether intentionally or not. The thing with random chests is that they are random. They aren’t always going to give you 385 loot. Maybe 1-in-10 or 1-in-20. The PvP portion of IE’s need a steep incentive. Maybe it should be 370 instead. You can debate where that number should fall, but the idea of a good reward has merit. You haven’t delegitimized my point as you’ve intended.

5 Likes

Clearly Amine’s alt

I aint anyones alt, mate.

You haven’t delegitimized my point as you’ve intended.

Cheats should not be rewarded.

1 Like

There isn’t. That is why most who play WoW today have been playing and invested in the game for years. It’s not really attracting a new audience or bring people from the Classic --> Cata period back. Most of the people I meet in the game today are people who either started in classic or after MoP. Just my anecdotal evidence, but I’ve noted it since WoD.

I think they accidentally created two types of players in their game. I’m more along your mentality OP, I’d like the game to be expansion-wide progression (instead of patches) with a slowed down progression system, more RPG focused and limited RNG.

3 Likes

You know, it don’t matter what they do now, they will never satisfy everyone.

2 Likes

If you try to satisfy everyone, you will satisfy no one.

1 Like