Q&A and BFA Feedback for the Devs

A very good read, I think your on point in many if not all you mention.

Before my best friend left BfA with his static mythic raiding guild members to FF14 he mention almost all of what you posted to me. I have to agree I posted similar concerns but like you said it would make a tower long wall of China post if we posted EVERYTHING.

Its good to see there are other who love WoW as much as I do and care enough to take the time to post feedback on the matter. :+1::grin:

12 Likes

Happy to do it my friend. Hopefully if enough of us are constructively critical, the Devs might get a better sense of where we are at.

3 Likes

Or maybe I don’t like reading long essays cause it’s boring. But good job on falsely assuming things about me for not wanting to read the whole thing. Anyways I’m flagging you as a troll.

1 Like

If you think it was a lot to read, imagine how it was to write. Haha.

Was there nothing that caught your eye? None of the topics I commented on?

Always a pleasure to read your posts my dude. You’re hardly ever wrong, and certainly have a deep passion for the game, I figure most of what you said is why people are leaving in droves.

There are other, more exciting and better, games out there than WoW. It’s past its prime.

7 Likes

Good post! Unfortunately it’ll never lead to anything

6 Likes

Maybe. Maybe not. Will never know unless you try =)

2 Likes

I dont agree that RNG is a bad thing. Its kinda become a dirty word, when it really shouldn’t have. But I DO agree that we currently have too many layers of RNG layering ontop of one another when it comes to gear atm.

I dont mind WF/TF, they are fairly innocuous. But TF can go too high IMO. I dont mind tertiary stats being random, they dont affect your rotation or any of your gameplay, so them appearing never feels like a must have and feels like good RNG. I DO mind sockets being random. Please bring back old gems and sockets!

All of them together do break the camel’s back IMO.

3 Likes

I don’t think RNG is a bad thing either. RNG can be exciting and enriching. Having loot systems that are completely based around it though is another thing. A little bit of salt and pepper on your steak improves its flavor, but if you put a whole salt and pepper shakers worth on it, it completely destroys the steak. Everything in moderation. RNG needs some moderation.

While we may disagree on a few points about how much RNG is good or bad, I think generally we have the same idea.

6 Likes

Agreed.

I feel like Blizzard balances along the lines of “Keep pushing buttons until something breaks”. People liked Thunderforging, so they pushed it further with Warforging. Warforging went over well, so they pushed it to Titanforging.

They are gonna push and push until something breaks. Hopefully we have reached that point and we see some bounce back. I’m still not happy about gem changes and even reforging, even if that’s another can of worms.

I honestly think near all the RPG elements of our MMORPG have been slowly stripped away. Everything is so linear now it feels divorced from what the spirit of the genre is.

6 Likes

Oh hi Laz. Dat guildie brofist =D

Well WoW is definitely aging, but it can age like fine cheese and wine if it wants to. Not sure I would say it’s past its prime, but it definitely has some work to do.

Wonderfully written. I couldn’t agree more with every point.

5 Likes

Couldn’t hurt to put it in development and even on Reddit. Most people stay away from general for multiple reasons. I would hate for your post to go to waste because it was a great read. Please spread it like wildfire.

4 Likes

I put it on Reddit, but half the comments have been nonconstructive. Most of the feedback I’ve received there is that I needed to give a TL;DR version. My response is if you can’t spend 5 minutes reading something I spent more than 3 hours writing, there isn’t a discussion to be had there. I already made it about as concise as possible. There seems to be a certain portion of the populace who hate reading and want everything to be bullet points - something I don’t care to indulge.

5 Likes

I want to compile the times ion and lore miss the point on an RNG question and turn it into a drinking game.

2 Likes

Ah that’s awful. I’m going to go look for it now and give it an upvote.

3 Likes

THANK YOU I JUST POSTED ABOUT THIS MYSELF!!
Thank you sir!!

3 Likes

When you decide to post your thoughts online you make a social contract to recognize that 50% of the feedback you’ll receive is either negative or not constructive. Just the reality of the human condition. No point in posting if you’re afraid of rocks being hurled at you. I’m not afraid of wading in. It is what it is.

1 Like

I like RNG and if I like RNG there are also others out there that like RNG. RNG gives me freedom to do something or not because I never really expect to get something so no loss if I skip. I really dislike the farming of medals, or tokens because it turns things more into a job for me.

I also have no problem with this.

Nope, you don’t speak for me here either.

I am not sure you are correct about this either. I would have thought character progression was the cornerstone and gear only a small part of that.

Nope, the difficulties are choices for players - choices are good.

I like professions and I liked legendaries but I loved the legendary system in legion and I would hate to have all those crafted.

Really you had instant travel, I never did. Even on my mage it takes time to open a portal and then I still usually have to travel after your port.

You hit the jackpot on bad ideas on this one. You have been bemoaning about RPG aspects your entire post and then you want to remove a strong component of progression systems.

In any case you have any doubt of my position on this one. Heck NO.

Say what ? lol, nothing much wrong with professions - could they use improvement sure - but they aren’t hurting anything.

No, this would force people to do these. If you haven’t noticed some people don’t like doing these.

So waste time and money on something people will do once ? Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Warfronts are fine - yes they are boring after you have done one 20 or more times but guess what so is everything else in this game.

Nope, expulsom doesn’t need to be BoE. If you hadn’t noticed these are available from world quests and easily obtainable by scrapping. Are you even doing professions if you think you need to raid to get these ?

1 Like

I actually thought your responses were serious until I read this, although I had a feeling after reading your response about RNG. I don’t think any logical person, even the Devs who designed it, would say Warfronts are fine as they currently are. I was going to ask if there is anything you agreed with in what I said, but you’re purpose is completely obvious. There is no constructive conversation that can be had with someone so clearly attempting to be nothing other than a contrarian.

10 Likes