PW: Blink twice if Vixie made you make this

*blink* *blink*

Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap.

The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://tinyurl.com/PWArchive

To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines:

1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome.

2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread.

3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine.

4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators.

5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on Discord!

Power Word: Discord info:
https://discord.gg/YcGHtJp

Should orcs be given access to priests?
1 Like
Do not make orc priests. Vile creatures.

Also, since you capped the last one, it's your duty to make the next. And you know it.
1 Like
Next thing you know, there will be Orc Paladins! Madness...
1 Like
I just got the legendary chestpiece on Disc, even though up until now I'd basically only played as Holy. Is it a sign? Should I adopt the balance of light and dark and embrace my inner Discipline?
02/25/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Bujee
Also, since you capped the last one, it's your duty to make the next. And you know it.

Yeah, see! Forgot about this clause in PW thread makingness but that's totally right. I knew it was Nixx's turn. Somehow.

In other news, I got my first paragon mount yesterday from Argus Lights (can't remember faction names for nobody). It's a giant grounded elephant, Draenei style. But it's purple-ish so I'll keep it (not like I can get rid of it anyway).

The paragon mounts is not a lie - just reeeeally late showing up in my bag.

Doesn't look like the healer forum to me. We've never used that rule here.
It's just basic universal thread SoP for continuance. It just happened to work out like this. I had no idea you had the last post in the old one. =P

Just decided to bug you for this since I actually saw you were online.
02/25/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Vixie

Yeah, see! Forgot about this clause in PW thread makingness but that's totally right. I knew it was Nixx's turn. Somehow.

In other news, I got my first paragon mount yesterday from Argus Lights (can't remember faction names for nobody). It's a giant grounded elephant, Draenei style. But it's purple-ish so I'll keep it (not like I can get rid of it anyway).

The paragon mounts is not a lie - just reeeeally late showing up in my bag.

I got the curious coin turtle before I got my first paragon. They're indeed myths.

Someone in my guild got 2 from the Army of Light paragon cache
02/26/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Vixie
It's just basic universal thread SoP for continuance. It just happened to work out like this. I had no idea you had the last post in the old one. =P

I prefer the traditional priest forum strategy of duking it out for the right to make the next thread.
02/26/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Nixxia
02/26/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Vixie

I prefer the traditional priest forum strategy of duking it out for the right to make the next thread.

Vix duking it out is like Vix healing.
As far as I knew, that was the common rule among all OT threads. Final poster remakes. The last page used to be full of name suggestions. Back when these threads were actually popular. :(
1 Like
02/26/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Knocrogue
As far as I knew, that was the common rule among all OT threads. Final poster remakes. The last page used to be full of name suggestions. Back when these threads were actually popular. :(

Back when these threads were popular, getting to post the next thread was a next level strategy game that required you to predict if someone else was also waiting to post the moment some sucker capped the old thread. If so, you let them cap it so that you weren't stuck in the no post window, otherwise someone else would snag it.
02/26/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Nixxia
Back when these threads were popular, getting to post the next thread was a next level strategy game that required you to predict if someone else was also waiting to post the moment some sucker capped the old thread. If so, you let them cap it so that you weren't stuck in the no post window, otherwise someone else would snag it.

This is so accurate it breaks my heart a little bit. I would be brainstorming thread titles by page 20 of the existing thread, waiting for my chance to strike! I think I made a total of like 2 threads ever.
Jeeze, you'd think Priests would be humble.
Back when these threads were popular

I have passing thoughts about old posters and what theyre up to these days. And when I say old, I mean back as far as BC/Wrath
02/26/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Mer
This is so accurate it breaks my heart a little bit. I would be brainstorming thread titles by page 20 of the existing thread, waiting for my chance to strike! I think I made a total of like 2 threads ever.

Other Nixx was very good at the game. So was Kyllie before she went to literally seven cats heaven.

02/26/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Nysem
I have passing thoughts about old posters and what theyre up to these days. And when I say old, I mean back as far as BC/Wrath

Are you some kind of grandpa?
Are you some kind of grandpa?

I feel like one with the treatment I’m on, but I’ve been on a nostalgic binge on WoW lately with all the end of expansion boredom
The best part was all the drama.
I wonder if any silly drama stuff happens on the discords. Though, I imagine trouble makers just get banned. lol
02/26/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Mer
The best part was all the drama.

Good times.

Especially when other thread trouble made its way into our peaceful social community, usually following someone like Constie who they were arguing with. XD