PvP vendors - Shadowlands

you dont even play the game. you opinion is invalid

How is it confusing to have resilience on gear? All it is is a flat dps reduction/increase to incoming and outgoing damage. It is literally pvp specific versatility…that’s it!

1 Like

I love people haven’t actually read about vendors, because they still haven’t said how the upgrade systems will work for the pvp gear.
So before we jump on the bandwagon on a system that has yet to be announced, how about we wait then judge once the rough draft finally gets shown.
Also the vendor is just place holder items.

1 Like

And you are missing the entire point that many people think there should be a PVP stat or at least a trinket set bonus or something.

Waiting to see what the upgrade system will be doesn’t matter.

This “don’t worry, they’ll fix it!” and “it’s just alpha/early beta/beta/first patch” garbage needs to stop.

jUsT wAiT fOr tHe RouGh dRafT :crazy_face:

How about no. Don’t ever tell people to “wait” to leave feedback about something.

2 Likes

I am not against this at all.
The main point of this thread is to rile people up to grab their pitchforks and it’s not very constructive.

If the upgrade system is exactly like benethic like they claim and conquest is only thing needed to upgrade the gear, that combined with if they just do conquest gain is increased based on rating, then eventually everyone would be on an equal footing.

If the gear turns out to only be less than mythic by around 5 ilvls, then this will work just fine.

Except they never once said how the pvp vendors will function or even what the gear looks like. Y’all are literally just bashing on blizz for nothing so far.

If it makes it to the first patch in a broken or unsatisfactory way then don’t buy the game.
I personally still haven’t and won’t pre order this, and will only buy if I am satisfied with how the launched title looks.

I sure will when you have literally nothing to base how it will look.

1 Like

This from other post.

1 Like

The gear is place holders.

Except if won’t be 5% stronger. Just look at BFA. I mean I’m hoping it changes but do we really expect Blizzard to get PvP gearing correct?

Also about your comment on secondary stats… good luck getting a DB sheep w/o enough haste.

1 Like

Max sheep cast no haste is 1.5 sec DB is 3 seconds long fresh dr, what’s the issue?

1 Like

Even if its place holders, they have shared with us content that is enough for us to share our concerns about it.

If they really did not expect any feedback at all… they could of easily just left the vendors blank until further notice. They expect reaction at this stage and we should not hold back on respectfully sharing our voice over this.

2 Likes

I personally believe that vendors will solve the pvp problems, but you must follow through.

PVP vendors will require specific pvp gear. And the only way it has worked was how it was before with “resilience” or “PVP Power.”

Our gear needs to have something that separates it from pve gear, period. We need our own gear sets again. No need to fix what wasn’t broken.

Or they wanted to test to make sure the vendor itself worked.

How? We literally don’t know how the upgrade system works and how much it will compare, if you expected BiS from pvp vendor I hate to break it to you but that wasn’t going to happen, because it has never happened in the history of wow.

The system can work very well without pvp stats, WoD did it just fine.

2 Likes

That doesn’t require a whole set. With just a minor few items, it would be enough.
That wasn’t their full intent clearly…

First, we have an idea – so we do know. They have shown us the gear set, whether they are placeholders or not. These are a template we can go off from for now.
I expected what I stated above with the return of pvp vendors. The return of our pvp gear sets like BC, Wrath, etc.

I didn’t play WOD – so i cannot comment. But I’ve heard from majority that it was one of the worst expacs so not the best source to use for this tbh.

And legion’s templates sucked – this is my opinion though.
I want to be control of my stats, not be in control for me. Thats part of the MMORPG experience. even GW2 lets you control your stats.

I don’t see the issue here for us to start getting vocal about what needs to be done.
I do see an issue with no one stating anything about it or others trying to stop people from expressing their concerns.

lol if you didnt play it, then dont talk about it. WoD had the best pvp gearing system the game has ever seen.

2 Likes

lol which is the reason i stated i cannot comment…
All i know is that from WOD to BFA people have shared their hate for these expacs.

you literally just said “but I’ve heard” and “not the best source to use” - stop being a clown.

I reiterate, The whole topic for WOD, i cannot comment. Nothing i say for this expac really matters cuze i never experience it. All i can share is what i heard, so its not the best source–im not the best source for that.

But if you feel that it was such a great expac. Then explain what made its PVP gearing system so great so we can use it as a guide instead of creating sassy remarks.
– that is more helpful.

the notion that “wod was bad” was an opinion mostly formulated by PvE players because of the severe content droughts / lack of content throughout the expansion - EXAMPLE: 6.1, the path, only introduced QoL features, a selfie camera, and twitter integreation; obviously that is not going to entice PvE players who look forward to a new raid every major content update.

WoD and mop were the only expansions I had every single class (barring one, which was warrior in WoD) in bis pvp gear - it was effortless to gear each and every one of them, and I could gear them via PvP - I did not have to PvE to do so.

the only reason WoD was a better gearing system than mop was because in mop the pvp gear was only bis for instanced PvE - people in open world pvp that were wearing heroic SoO (siege of orgrimmar) gear had such a stat advantage (around 40-50% more primary stat and 300k more hp) that pvp specific stats (pvp power, trinket set bonus for 15% damage reduction) didnt matter, because they did 3x your damage, and their extra health compensated for not having the trinket set bonus.

WoD fixed all of that, making it so your casual, average pvper could get “bis” for pvp, regardless if it was open world pvp or instanced pvp - the gear ilvl started low (so PvE players couldnt complain about being compelled to pvp for their characters progression), but it shot up as soon as you engaged in pvp combat, giving you a gear ilvl that was within a 5-10ilvl range of mythic raiding gear, which is not a big enough advantage to cry about - if it were my way, I would have made it better, but I, and many other pvpers were content with such a gearing system.

the only real complaint pvp players had about gearing in wod was Accolade trinkets (they were stat sticks with primary / 1 side stat, so like int/mastery for example) and the reason they complained about it was because it was ONLY obtainable via ashran, which a fair amount of people didnt like.

5 Likes

First, thank you for sharing all of this. This is honestly great.
Reading this is why i always emphasize for people to share their voice.

So my question is – why did we go from This to legion pvp templates?

2 Likes

theres no real logical explanation to it - any of us could chalk it up to what we think it is, but in the end, it doesnt make sense.

I could say “well, its because people didnt like getting farmed in pvp as they gear up, so PvE players transitioning into pvp just end up dropping that facet of the game entirely” but that could be counter-argued that mythic raiding exists for them to acquire the gear they need which could be translated over into pvp content.

so then they came out with templates, which should have squashed the notion “pvp is inaccessible” because it was rather accessible (compared to expansions that werent wod/mop) yet they also ended up scrapping that one - the reason? I dont know, only thing that came to mind was that pvp had no more “progression”, but thats only a fraction of PvPers who truly care about that, which just further reinforces why wod was the best gearing expansion, because it still had progression, and was still fair.

now we’ve got this awful system where mythic15s are somehow equivalent to 2400 in ions eyes, so for your average pvper, the better option is to simply just gear out with mythic dungeons rather than try to push 2400. this is a BAD system, not only because it puts such a gear disadvantage on casuals who just want to “log on and play”, but because it forces content on people that they probably dont want to do.

6 Likes