PvP vendors - Shadowlands

Gear mattering so much really sucks the fun out of the game for me and I’m sure a lot of other people. I’m not even sure how many games I’ve won or lose at an even playing field. When you do fight someone who has full mythic gear double slappers it feels pretty bad. Not only because it feels like an uphill battle but because you can’t obtain similar quality through arena. PvP has always been my go to content and it’s really fun to play alts in. I really hope we see some changes and see the vendors move to a more MoP or WoD style.

The skill cap some might think has reduced over the last few years which I can agree with but it feels awful for gear>skill to matter so much. Would love to carry around a PvP set that’s full epics and that I had earned to play vs others with the same. Then slap on a PvE set if I want to d that content (the stats are never the same like the video states). Also more stat iterations.

Please let’s get together and actually get this changed before Shadowlands starts

34 Likes

surprised that anyone believed the vendor meant anything for pvp gearing

we dont have wod scaling and we dont have a pre wod style pvp stat

the vendor gear itself was never the best pvp gear without either of those in place

30 Likes

Unfortunately I really wasn’t optimistic either. Hoping for discussion and changes before shadowlands release although it’s a long shot

i really wish they would add like

50 ‘PvP stat’ on each piece
so a full set of like 11 pieces would get you 550 pvp stat which would be like a 7% advantage over people with 0 pvp stat

would make pve gear still viable in arenas and would allow you to gear up through both contents but would give the “roughly 5% advantage” to pvp players in pvp content
instead of pve players in pvp content which makes 0 sense

15 Likes

Really good idea actually. I’d love to see something like this. Normalizing of all gear just really doesn’t make sense because it just means if you have full mythic raid gear you will be more geared than a high rated pvper. The small crossover isn’t there it’s a huge crossover for pvpers

1 Like

“Because of all of the neglect on blizzards part, PvP is seen as a mini-game now, despite it having the potential to be a massive form of content for all players”

Correct.

14 Likes

It’s really sad seeing how much potential it had back in the days, only to be neglected to the state it is now, and now only casuals see it as a mini-game due to years of neglect.

2 Likes

the only thing it meant to me was I wouldn’t have to rely on RNG to get the select few pieces of PvP I actually use

like the odd oversight this season of removing insignia off the conquest rotation

other than that I didn’t expect much more

1 Like

I don’t think a single person complained about WoD’s gearing system sans trashran. I really don’t understand why we don’t just go back to that.

3 Likes

ive been saying since they announced the vendor that without a pvp stat the vendor changes nothing. the gear from pve is easier to get at higher ilvls and the pvp gear has garbage stat combos which i dont see changing.

2 Likes

PvP since day 1 has been seen as a mini game by casuals and hard-core strictly pve-ers alike.

Its just so blatantly obvious the neglect it sees is because of Ion.

Ion is literally an elitist jerk, he comes from the mmo days of everquest where pvp was a meme and gear was everything and carries that ideal from when he was a wow player, “GP” dev into now being lead

6 Likes

I feel like this is incorrect, but only slightly.

No single PvP’er complained in WoD sans trashran. But every PvE’er complained about getting wrecked by PvP geared players in PvP. I’m pretty sure that is the reason we have the system we have now.

3 Likes

they also didnt add the trinket bonuses like we talked about a bit ago. aids.

7 Likes

I don’t really see this affecting more than about 10-20% of the PvP playerbase. Most people simply want to get good gear. Only later down the rankings do you start seeing Secondary stats really start to matter (as people become more sweaty). Personally I think that getting 6 different pieces of armor for 1 item is too high of a stretch and adding PvP stats would be more reasonable. Ion also said that between a PvPer and a PvEr the guy who does both would be about 5% stronger. Going into a raid to farm for a crit vers ring wouldn’t be the end of the world and allows light cross over rather than the heavy cross over we had this expansion.

1 Like

Still wouldn’t be enough by my standards. PvE would still be a giant advantage. For example right now a DH would just throw on 2 heroic slappers and a drest and lose out on 150 PvP power. Sure they’d have to actually use PvP gear in other slots but I don’t see that being too difficult for anyone to achieve.

They really gotta go all out with either templates or full blown Mop/WoD gearing for it to work. No half measures will suffice.

1 Like

making demands while holding nothing of value over blizzards head wont really get us far

all we can really do is shoot sht about the best possible way the game could function better for us while under the philosophies they currently hold

and unfortunately they’re very against disabling or scaling anything down in any form of content because it’s ‘anti fun’ for more casual participants

1 Like

True. Gotta thread going in GD if anyone is interested.

Without the WoD scaling the gear will be useless. Most people saw that coming. They are not doing a PvP stat, and they have said it multiple times that it was just a test.

At this point we are praying for gear scaling, like in WoD, or we are going to be in BFA 2.0 with the PvE gear treadmill.

2 Likes

My thing is what did they test and how did they conclude that it wasn’t the move?

Really think about how They implemented this pvp vendor and tested pvp power in conjunction then…scrapped pvp power lol

Its almost malicious at this point, they clearly understand what we want but play dumb if they can find a way to make you PvE

It’s funny because it won’t just be 1 item we go and farm it’ll be at least half our gearset if not more and I’m sure there will be some really good trinkets or weapons with affixes you’ll want every season