PvP Vendors Shadowlands Confirmed?

New millenium interview with ion hazzikostas (can be found on mmo champion)
it is the fifth point in the section Corruption System.

“The team wants to explore more variety in gear sources in Shadowlands, such as making sure players who PvP obtain gear good for PvP, Mythic + rewards being geared towards Mythic + and so on.”

2 Likes

Sounds like scaling ilvl to me

1 Like

how does that sound like scaling ilvl? lol

1 Like

How does that sound like vendors?

29 Likes

“Wants to explore”

For f… sake :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

How does that sound like anything? It’s vague lawyer speak. The man speaks in riddles.

7 Likes

I honestly don’t understand why they’ve taken this bs hardline stance against vendors. Its almost childish at this point. Just put *#@!ing vendors back in the game. Bring back conq/valor currency and give literally everyone what they want.

24 Likes

You guys are so toxic and then you wonder why they don’t care about you :roll_eyes:

“The team wants to explore more variety in gear sources in Shadowlands…" means “We are going to add more stand alone RNG methods of loot acquisition into the game rather than stacked RNG because we haven’t learned our lession from Legion and BfA and we can’t think of ways of keeping the average player logged in without RNG because developing a fun game to play is too costly/difficult.”

18 Likes

Lol when we’ve been abandoned for as long as we have you tend to get a little jaded.

Also I’d like to point you to gd where you belong. You know where it’s just as toxic :joy:

6 Likes

I think the weekly chest in Shadowlands is supposed to offer you a selection of items that you can choose from. And the items are based on the content that you completed the previous week.

3 Likes

Same reason why they’re against getting rid of pathfinder.

They’re too stubborn and think their new convoluted systems are better than what worked for a decade of the game’s past even though large portions of the community think otherwise.

think we have learned by now that anything Ion says will be tainted by something awful when it actually releases

4 Likes

Sounds like more grinding to me.

2 Likes

Didn’t he have a background (or major) in law before working at blizzard ?

1 Like

You guys think you want vendors but you don’t. What if you get confused and end up buying the wrong piece?

7 Likes

This isn’t a confirmation of vendors but considering the thought process that went into removing them this quote enforces my decision not to buy Shadowlands till at least halfway though the first patch.

Vendors please. Sincerely a paying customer who has spent over S1000 on this game.

They’ll probably just add item effects to PvP gear

Knowing Ion this either means he’s saying it for PR and doesn’t give af, or he’s leaning towards making a sections gear only relevant to one place, with PvP gear being trash outside of PvP, Mythic + gear, and Raid gear where people who participate in multiple parts of the game are gonna need 5 sets of gear in their bags at all times…