PvP Vendors in 8.2 straw poll

There isn’t any reason they couldn’t do both. However the only thing they need to currently realize is that gear is not an end goal for pvp, its only a half way point. They are thinking in terms of pve which is to grind for better gear, but pvp we only gear so there is equal footing. The problem pvp gear has 2 parts:
1- the current system you cant target what you want
2- even if you do get what you want the likelyhood of you getting the max potential of that item is low.

The weirdest thing, Blizzard learned midway through MoP that gear shouldn’t hold an advantage in pvp, it’s why they remove elite gear having a higher ilvl in I think tyrannical. Wod improved the design with the dual ilvl gear, and a set bonus that only worked when using only pvp trinkets.

Then they went from the absolute best gear system they had, to the template. I will say this about the template, it was a good try at something different. However with that said they definitely threw the baby out with the bath water. The template would have been a better idea if they were making a wow pvp only game.

Now once again we are in a time were if Rngesus isn’t on your side you have an uphill battle to deal with. The worst though
is the trinkets. We have had some gimmicky trinkets before, but not nearly the level of what they are right now.

Short of it, I just want WoD style pvp gear back. End of rant

1 Like

I agree i say anything is better than what we have now, I love having control of my stats and what my character needs to compete with some of the top arena players, but now I don’t have that i gotta sacrifice my first born to the RNG gods just to get stats i need on my gear… tsk tsk =(

2 Likes

Is the PvP community (of which I am a part) still lacking the intelligence to find and properly use PvP vendors? Is making choices still too difficult?

I really hope this is not the actual reason haha. It was mentioned in the Q&A, but I have a hard time believing that after 10? years with a PvP vendor, that all of a sudden we can’t handle it. I mean we still have to go looking for the conquest NPC to turn in the quest!

I am guessing they are worried PVE players might abuse it, or that they think PvPrs should be out doing different content. Too bad it came at a price to all the folks who preferred vendors.

1 Like

Oh, we all know their reasons are complete BS. It can’t even be argued. The PvP community isn’t full of Neanderthals while the PvE community is full of people who can actually make gear decisions. It’s simply not true.

Everything in this expansion is wallowing in an RNG ocean, and Blizz is slowing down content like crazy. And, as you mentioned (indirectly), Blizzard is on a crusade to force people to play the game the way the devs, and not the players, want players to play. They need to stop and just accept that people play this game for different reasons. Heck, I have different characters that do different things. I do not PvP on my druid at all. She is for PvE (or was, back when I raided).

2 Likes

right the RNG ocean is heavily causing a typhoon of random gear/stats/rewards… I hate every bit of it, I know RNG has always been part of the game but when they cram in every aspect of the game it gets frustrating.
RNG GODS: Need crit and haste? TOo bad you get versatility and mastery Muhahahaha!!!

you know why they don’t release pvp vendors?
you’ll go through the already minuscule content they have to offer too quickly, thus burn out and unsub. RNG for gear exists for a reason. So you keep playing (thus paying) for the type of gear you want. It’s a carrot on the stick kind of mechanism that keeps this ailing ship afloat.

tl;dr If they introduced vendors, they would have to create more content to keep people busy and paying.

1 Like

If this was the goal, it has had the opposite effect on me. I played more when there were vendors.

I was content playing random BG’s and Ashran every day. BG’s are the best repeatable content WoW has imo.

3 Likes

you realize that was when pvp gear was separate from pve gear?

there’s no other logical reason why they wouldn’t.
“they are just lazy”
lol I’ve created my own vendors on private servers before. it’s maybe an hour worth of work.

You can still just do Bgs if that’s what you wish.

Taking away PvE vendors fits your scenario better.

BGs rarely get new content. We play the same ones over and over and over.

I’d venture to say more people stopped playing (and paying) under this system than the vendor system.

so what’s the reason why they don’t add pvp vendors?

Maybe they thought it would drag it out longer and more people would play longer, but I don’t think it worked out that way.

I played more when I could buy my own stuff. Letting the players be in control of how they spend their earned currency is always a good thing. I don’t need devs telling me what to do.

It may not be the best analogy, but consider that a dev works hard during the week and earns a paycheck every Friday. Friday comes and the dev is excited because they’re getting paid and can spend the money on something. Except they are told what they are spending their money on no matter what. How is that fun? If you need a new pair of jeans but that week is for socks you definitely don’t need? Well, too bad. Wait until maybe next week.

6 Likes

It was pretty bad actually. They aren’t dictating what you get irl

Currency is currency.

1 Like

A video game is not irl at all. If it is, maybe time for a break anyway?

Maybe YOU don’t understand the joy of spending hard earned money, but other people do. You’re arguing for the sake of arguing. Semantics.

2 Likes

Oh I certainly love spending my ACTUAL hard earned money.

And I earn my in-game currency. If you’re going to toss out any and all comparisons because they’re being related to happenings in the real world, then I have no idea why you bothered responding.

3 Likes