PvP Vendors in 8.2 straw poll

Thought you meant 120 alts

Well, I guess max was actually what I was referring to, but any alts need gear, right? :slight_smile:

What system? The Conquest system? No I think itā€™s trash. Very poorly thought out. The people that say ā€œthe devs must not PVPā€ are possibly right.

That said, Iā€™m not entirely sold that we need vendors, but Iā€™m not sure theyā€™d wreck the game either. But we definitely need some level of flexibility beyond this system.

And about the ā€œmaybe they couldnā€™t get gearā€, Iā€™m sure thatā€™s part of it at least. But I also suspect their desire to play/gear a bunch of toons leads them to play this game for different reasons than I play it. Theyā€™re more likely to be disappointed.

3 Likes

I guess, but regardless I donā€™t have 120 alts.

I have a couple 120 alts but I donā€™t play/gear them. They exist merely for one convenience or another.

What the players what means very little to Blizzard. When they announced this action in Legion players hated it so much. But they donā€™t care.

2 Likes

Yet they compromised by later offering the Echoes of Battle as a supplemental ā€œbad luckā€ protection of sorts. Sadly it was dropped for whatever reason.

Yup just add something players did not want.

1 Like

I mean I get it, giving us exactly what we want is not always a good thing. Making everything easy and simple is part of why the game feels worse. But still, the Conquest System is way overkill with what is the worst about this game.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not seeing it. Bgs are still the same.

The thing is they hired a GM (Holinka) that cares just a little for PVP he said so his self he raids just as much or more than he does PVPā€™s. If Blizzard would hire someone that loves PVP more than anything else this side of the game would take off and be great once again.

I wonder if such a person actually exists, qualified in game design and loves WoW PVP. Saying that semi-sarcastically and semi-seriously.

2 Likes

I agree that doing so has hurt the game a lot. With the honor/conquest system we had before though, the average player took quite some time to grind out a set of gear. Capping was easy for people who played rated stuff, sure (maybe a bit too quick and easy with catch ups). For those who got geared through randoms, it took a good bit of time. but they had a goal to work toward.

I liked gearing toons with honor gear on the way up. I liked having a goal to work toward at max level. I knew that at a certain point Iā€™d be well geared and could just enjoy playing. Now, you can never stop grinding. You might never feel fully well-geared, especially if you donā€™t want to do PvE for gear.

The point was that you donā€™t just gear up your main and then complain of nothing to do. You can play other toons, gear them up, etc. I donā€™t think most people are ā€œone and done.ā€

2 Likes

The ā€œbgā€™sā€ are not the issue.

To put this in perspective when you really think about it the vendor system was actually more casual friendly than the current system is and Iā€™m referring to those that only pvp like myself. Back in the day you didnā€™t have to do rated to get gear to be effective in a bg infact the removal of this system took away alot of the casual playerbase. Now I have done rated on a alt and itā€™s fun to push rating but the rng aspect is what really kills it for me. With vendors you can target a piece much like mythic plus can target a piece of azeeite gear. And the residium is no where near enough to make that vendor viable for people who pvp alot. Now before you say well that vendor is for pvpers too you do realize the only real viable option to get residium is to do mythic plus which for someone like me I donā€™t really enjoy doing. Instead of making players try new content how about keeping the system that worked from vanilla to WOD. I mean hell for all the problems wod had we at least still had our vendors to gear. Sure your s little weak to start with a vendor but thatā€™s what made professions viable forms of content because it often had a starter pvp set you could craft. Itā€™s clear the majority of the playerbase wants this old system back the fact blizzard refuses to listen is because letā€™s face it pve players would cry too much about entry into pvpā€¦newsflash pvpers donā€™t necessarily want pve players in their bgs

1 Like

I am amazed at how many votes we got so far just on the forums. just imagine if Blizzard did this, what the reaction might be how many votes they would get.

PVE side has got a great GM has been with them a long time. he sometimes asks the PVE community their opinion on things and gets feedback. we need a PVP GM to do that.

2 Likes

I wish theyā€™d address issues like this. ā€œHey guys, lets take a toll on whatā€™s wrongā€¦Okay these are the things that are wrong and we have our top 3 ideas on how to fix it. Letā€™s take a vote and blah blah blahā€. I wonder.

I agree completely.

Devilā€™s advocate though: the playerbase is bananas toxic. Iā€™m sure being a public face to anything PVP is the last thing anyone on earth would want. Iā€™d be worried someone would find out where I live and kill my pets.

See: Holinka and peopleā€™s reaction to him. Also see: Ghostcrawler and peopleā€™s reaction to him.

The other problem with the PvP vendors was it inspired botting ā€“ so much so that for a while back in WoD nearly every thread here was about bots. And someone else made an offsite forum to post screenshots and names of said bots.

Of course, then some of the bots came here and complained about that other website. O the irony.

Players are their own worst enemy: theyā€™ll swear up and down theyā€™ll never ever do something (see: server transfers to get faction advantage) , turn around and do itā€¦ and then complain Blizzard canā€™t fix it.

I know botting was a huge problem with WoD, I personally thank a goblin bot I ran into in Ashran for my Warlord of Draenor meta achievement, wouldnā€™t have gotten it done without him.

But it seems to me the current system is still ā€œappealingā€ to botters, especially with PVP Islands and Invasions that give points no matter what. Even with the crappy BG loot, having a guy in BGā€™s nonstop for 72 hours would likely get you a titanforge or two.

I wonder if the bot problem was the vendor/point design or if it was something Blizzard just had to fix with lawsuits and better detection.