PvP vendor update 9/16

Ehhh I mean we still get into a tough situation where we don’t want to use Versa since it’s a boring stat. This seems like a PvP stat with extra steps as someone else mentioned but worse because Versa doesn’t make any builds better. Using Versa in BFA felt bad and is boring. Many branched out into different stats to make REAL BUILDS. So the 2pc bonus is only good for ppl sacrificing making a real build and are using Versa.

Many people want to be able to make builds which require Mastery, Haste, Crit then have a PvP stat that is just on ALL PvP equipment. Are they trying to move in the right direction sure but they are miles away from where they need to be.

PvP gear should be optimized and have the core stats on them (Mastery, Haste, Crit) Then a 3rd PvP stat like we had with resilience. This way players can make builds again and not feel pigeon holed into sacrificing a build for a boring Versa stat since we don’t have a PvP stat.

Sorry I can’t share your optimism. Likely players will break the 2 set PvP bonus especially specs not using versa. We haven’t addressed a PvP stat we just have Versa which isn’t getting the job done. It’s a huge mess.

No one wants to sacrifice making an actual build to stack Versa for PvP. That is just failed design.

2 Likes

Its actually pretty humorous that few people have treated this misconception far too seriously in BFA and eagerly waited for the meta to “evolve” without any changes being done. The meta simply doesn’t work that way. The reason why we saw such a rich comp diversity and active meta changes in Legion was due to consistent, frequent, and substantial changes/tunings.

In BFA, we seldom saw changes like this so in return we saw the same classes/comps reign for multiple seasons back to back and had little to no diversity. Simply put, the start of the expansion is when we see the meta slowly evolve due to the lack of proper knowledge initially but once things have been figured out it comes down to tunings and changes for the rest of the xpac.

lol complaining about vers because its “boring”, vers is the pvp stat. Stats aren’t what makes pvp fun, it’s the abilities. Ideally, stats shouldn’t even matter.

Versa doesn’t make a build. It’s a side stat that is supposed to compliment a build. If Versa is a main stat you can’t ever make a build. Which is not only boring but feels bad :rofl:

It really isn’t. If it is going to be a PvP stat then it needs to be a 3rd stat on ALL PvP gear not in place of the CORE STATS!!! How does that not make sense.

Players don’t want to lose their core stats that make builds and play styles fun. It’s terrible design.

This is completely untrue. Your stats are what make builds since WoW was created. They always matter a lot and create the play style that you desire.

1 Like

in a vacuum this is true, but in practice all secondaries except vers and some of the more boring masteries make playing your character faster in some way or another, which keeps the game fun

i hate to agree with abom but it feels better having more apm and or more important decisionmaking

1 Like

Super great news and proper direction thank you blizz now please just make the 2set trinket bonus strong enough that it is desired to be used as well as the pvp gear ilvl relevant. Aquiring pvp gear should not be tedious compared to pve either.

Why though? That sounds overly complicated. Should just allow players to turn in their 1800 piece in exchange for the 2100 piece as soon as they hit the rating requirement.

2 Likes

vers is the perfect solution to incorporating a pvp stat into pve. It is really strong for some classes in pve and not others but in pvp it is the best stat for everyone because of the defensive benefit it provides. These are good changes for the expansion. WoW community is just full of too many whiners and negative nancys.

Yes, it’s fun to play with 50% haste but it honestly breaks the game. Secondaries shouldn’t get out of control.

1 Like

What about the DR on secondary stats?

2 Likes

So many threads in legion positive threads giving feedback. Very well throught out and productive threads. You know what happened? Radio silence. Nothing. So saying positivity is the only way to go, sure thats nice sentiment, but I too wish i lived in neverland.

They have the answers to the test, yet chose to wait this long to take a baby step. Development cycles are no short thing, its not like they started SL development 6 months ago, they probably started development nearly a year and a half to 2 years ago. What you see is what you’re more than likely going to get. With only what? 5ish or so weeks from launch.

So sure ill wait until launch and until after S1 to pass my final judgement, but it aint lookin good right now.

And they can’t because they have a DR. And every piece of PVP gear has it.

No, real PvP stats are only against PVP players.

and this:

It’s really not though and you refuse to look at the problem that people already listed. Players want to make builds using Mastery, Haste, Crit and sacrificing these stats for Versa feels bad and is horrific design.

A PvP stat should do nothing in PvE it should just be for PvP players so they can run great builds instead of sacrificing all fun play options!!!

If we are going to have a PvP it needs to be a 3rd stat so players can still play the game!!

These changes fix nothing and is still an extremely far cry from any great system we had in the past. The vendors or PvP just fall extremely short compared to Pre Legion gearing.

Honestly I just wish they would remove Versa from the game and it’s caused nothing but problems. Then come up with a PvP stat that is only for PvP and on ALL gear!! It isn’t complicated!! Geeeeez.

What spec is vers not the best or second best stat in pvp? I can’t think of a single one.

They took the least effective part of their “and/or” solution and did not give us much of an “and”.

I honestly can’t believe, after the massive outcry of not wanting PVE to be the way to gear for PVP, we are shaping up for 2 more years of this.

It’s depressing that I am looking forward to TBC more than Shadowlands.

I forgot about that. I think @Kaivax needs to address this concern.

Destro, healers, tanks? I am sure there are some…

What happens now that versatility can’t be stacked as powerfully past 25%?

What about how much easier faster and better it will be to gear via PVE?

Yea I mean we all know that System Lands will be a joke. PvP is just beyond saving and the gearing will yet again be atrocious. How is it so hard to just give us what we had when PvP was the best.

Yea which is why I can’t see any excitement. We are starving for great PvP and gearing options. Just because they gave us a cracker they shouldn’t get praise. We are still starving so this change fixed nothing.

This is just an overly complicated solution to a simple problem because the reality is they don’t want PvP players to only PvP. If they wanted to make PvP players happy we would have a PvP stat on ALL gear and be making builds using our CORE stats.

This system is trash gotta call it as it is. It fixes nothing and feels bad.

1 Like

Destro, healers, tanks? I am sure there are some…

What happens now that versatility can’t be stacked as powerfully past 25%?

What about how much easier faster and better it will be to gear via PVE?

It sounds like you don’t actually play arena much. Those specs all stack vers and no one cares about tanks. Anyone who doesn’t realize that vers is the best stat or at least second best for all specs in pvp doesn’t play arenas.

You are confusing 2nd best stat with stat you are being forced to use and have to sacrifice your actual 2nd best stat. Players don’t want to sacrifice stats and builds to stack a generic stat when ALL we want is a PvP stat.

Most players would much rather use Haste/Mastery or Haste/Crit or Mastery/Crit etc etc… Players should still be able to do that and there should be a PvP stat added that allows them to do that.

Players being forced to do something is what we been talking about for the last 4 years. Gearing still feels bad and will continue to feel bad in SL.

Sorry but you aren’t making any valid points and this system is terrible. Just remove Versa from the game please and thanks and add in a PvP stat that is only on PvP gear. /fixed

1 Like

And anyone that doesn’t realize we are in for another expansion of PVE is best for PVP gear, is kidding themselves.

we are adding a 2-piece set bonus, activated by equipping two PvP trinkets, such as crowd-control break (Medallion) or throughput (Battlemaster’s, Dominance, etc.) trinkets. This bonus will increase the damage and healing benefit of Versatility (but not the defensive benefit) while in Arenas, Battlegrounds, or War Mode.

Imagine if this was put on all PVP gear, instead of just the 2 piece trinket set?

1 Like