PvP vendor update 9/16

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-pvp-updates-incoming/645941

we are adding a 2-piece set bonus, activated by equipping two PvP trinkets, such as crowd-control break (Medallion) or throughput (Battlemaster’s, Dominance, etc.) trinkets. This bonus will increase the damage and healing benefit of Versatility (but not the defensive benefit) while in Arenas, Battlegrounds, or War Mode

HUGEeeeeee! :tada:

41 Likes

I like it, will be purchasing shadowlands soon

3 Likes

2 piece set bonus increases vers by 0.00001% when engaged in PvP content

22 Likes

Ngl I like these changes a lot considering they r last minute. Hopefully the set bonus feels impactful. Will wanna try these on beta soon.

5 Likes

seems reasonable, but does this only apply to the conquest vendor? As in, honor gear will just be the same?

Wonder what the comparison is gonna be to the raid gear though. They also didn’t address the amount of time it takes to get BG gear.

Baby steps I guess.

19 Likes

I mean unless the ilvl is comparable to pve counterparts it’s not going to be the best considering you can get versa gear from pve too.

Isn’t honor gear still capped at like i190 after fully upgraded? In which case mythic+ 3 or higher gear already beats it.

edit: Missed the part where versa on every piece was in regards to conquest gear specifically. So honor gear is staying the same? is conquest gear on beta yet and do we know what ilvl it can get to fully upgraded?

2 Likes

I just wonder if the set bonus ignores stat DR

2 Likes

This is good at face value, but the increase has to outpace the pve trinkets that also do something similar if not better

Ex.)
What do you think the percent value of that 2 set would have to be if it were currently in game to outpace Claw/Drest/Bike/Voodoo

4 Likes

Both are excellent changes.

I can’t believe blizzard actually listened.

2 Likes

Changes look great, hopefully you guys can balance the % damage gained to almost always be better then PvE trinkets. Comps that favor immediate burst over sustained damage will likely still use PvE trinkets if the values aren’t done correctly.

Can we also expect to see some changes to honor / conquest costs for ilvl upgrading? The current system has extremely heavy time requirements that don’t seem in line with Mythic 0 and Raids.

2 Likes

5000% 10ch

What is the equivalent to those Trinkets at lvl 60 Shadowlands? Have you seen some of the trinkets they have released from the raid?

Currently when you look at trinkets in the end of game breakdown, they average somewhere around 3-5% overall damage for the match from that player.

Simply making the 2-piece bonus give
you an extra 5% damage wouldn’t cut it unless you want to play a dampening comp.

1 Like

Yeah, because windows of opportunity with those trinkets are what makes them insane. Its just a slippery slope im worried about

3 Likes

I would’ve made them increase the damage and defensive part of versatility to be worth.

So atleast people using pve trinkets will do less damage and take more damage

2 Likes

Just so I understand this correctly. They’re giviing us a 2 set that increases the value of Versatility for offensive effects but aren’t touching the actual gear. Meaning we’re at their mercy for our vendor to give an appropriate Ilvl of gear? Just seems like we’ve eliminated the PvE trinket problem but aren’t completely free of PvE. I foresee a lot of us having to pursue a significant amount of PvE to achieve the optimal stat coverage. I guess it really comes down to how big a value increase Versatility gives us? Will it put out ahead of things like Rdruid Mastery?

3 Likes

I wonder what end game lvl 60 S1 stats are going to look like. 20%ish secondary stats in 2 categories?

If so 20% Vers = PvP trinkets need the give 50% additional damage to Vers giving you a total of 10% additional damage.

Problem is a % based option will get out of control as secondary stats scale later in the expansion. Setting the trinket to just boost your damage output by a set about (independant from Vers) is probably a safer option.

How’s the item level still compare with pve gear?

2 Likes

Its like 20% 10% 10% for secondaries really.

I’m very worried about cost to upgrade conquest gear from 190 as well. Seems insane if we need 157k conquest to have our pvp gear even contend with pve gear