PvP Tuning for Jan 26th

Blue Post in Arena Forums

"We’re working on a new set of PvP tuning changes that will be applied to the game with weekly maintenance in each region (January 26 in this region). Here’s what we’re currently testing:

Player vs. Player

• Players now deal 20% less damage to Death Knight, Hunter, and Warlock pets.
  • In 2v2 Arenas, Dampening will begin at 20% when both teams have either a tank or healer.
  • Druid
    • Convoke the Spirits no longer casts Full Moon and Feral Frenzy when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Mage
    • Triune Ward (legendary) now provides 50% effective barriers (was 65%) in PvP situations.
    • Fire
      • Infernal Cascade (conduit) effectiveness reduced by 33% in PvP situations.
  • Paladin
    • Holy
      • Divine Favor (Honor Talent) cooldown increased to 30 seconds (was 25 seconds), and now increases cast speed by 30% (was 60%).
    • Protection, Retribution
      • Word of Glory’s healing has been reduced by 20% in PVP situations.

As always, we’ll post updates if we make changes to the changes, and the final adjustments will appear in our hotfixes update soon after they go live."

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-tuning-changes-for-january-26/841816

1 Like

Those are all pretty fair changes, I hope they look at rogues soon. I feel like I am only an entity in this game when crit buff is up. If I have no crit buff I have no dmg, and even if I do have crit buff it doesn’t matter because I have to use 3 of my globals to cc. It feels so horrid to play.

Another thing I want looked at is our covenant spells. All of them suck and are not worth binding at this point. Bonespike, Echo, and Sepsis do negative dmg; only time I ever press Sepsis is to get mastery buff before the go. It’s almost like why do we even have these spells if they are so pointless.

1 Like

I would like our Covenant abilities to get a buff in PvE as well, feels weird having a brand new shiny ability this expansion do 2-3% of our damage at the end of a boss or dungeon.

Bone Spike during beta was a lot of fun to use, it clearly needed to be toned down but they ended up gutting it. It was such a cool addition to our class and was really looking forward to using it on live before it was deleted.

1 Like

What spec? As sub I do good damage outside of the leggo.

Which ones? I’m kyrian and using echoing on opener and using MFD I can 100-50 ppl with no effort, sometimes more. alone

We don’t need any more help in PvP. Especially if come tuesday…rets actually die…

Other melee do miles more pressure consistently than I do with symbols dance. It’s even more noticeable in arena. We are just stun bots for our mage overlords.

That’s cap, wog was only nerfed by 20%. They will still practically top themselves.

Also all of them suck, exactly what I meant in my post. Echo hits as hard as a Shadowstrike, the only good part is lining up the unreliable blue cp during our 4 second window. Something that usually won’t happen due to how clunky our cp generation is as sub, and how random the spell; Making your blue cp 2-4. Using it outside of crit window is also pointless.

Flag is just some trash pve ramp up spell that will never be useful in pvp since we flop if we stay in team fights. Sepsis ticks as much as rupture and can be dispelled. Then bonespike does negative damage and is only good against stealth classes (But in that situation most classes including other rogues could just heal to 100% and go back in stealth anyways). None of the spells feel exciting to press at all.

Would have been better if they had of built the classes around PVP first then tuned the raids to function with the PVP classes that way these problems literally don’t exist.

BUT, its Blizzard so… ZUGZUG, DAHBOO!

1 Like