PvP Tuning -- February 9

With scheduled weekly maintenance (tomorrow, February 9 in this region), we will make the following PvP balance adjustments.

Player versus Player

• Death Knight
    • Unholy
      • Necrotic Strike now absorbs up to 6% of the target’s health (was 4%).
      • Virulent Plague and Virulent Eruption are no longer reduced by 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Hunter
    • Marksmanship
      • Careful Aim now deals 35% bonus damage when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 20%).
    • Beast Mastery
      • Bestial Wrath’s effectiveness is no longer reduced by 20% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Mage
    • Dampened Magic reduces magical damage over time effects by 10% (was 20%).
    • Frost
      • Glacial Spike is no longer reduced by 20% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
      • Ray of Frost is no longer reduced by 15% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
    • Fire
      • Pyrokinesis reduces Combustion’s cooldown by 3 seconds (was 5 seconds).
  • Monk
    • Mistweaver
      • Chrysalis PVP talent reduces Life Cocoon’s cooldown by 40 seconds (was 25 seconds).
      • Mana regeneration increased by 20% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Paladin
    • Holy
      • Damage transferred through Ultimate Sacrifice is no longer affected by Blessing of Sacrifice’s Rank 2 upgrade.
      • Mana regeneration is decreased by 30% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
56 Likes

Oh snap.

1 Like

are you guys just turning a bunch of knobs at random or something

89 Likes

HOT DAMN SON. JUICY NOTES.

Look at them frost mage buffs.

5 Likes

Oh my god. You guys remembered MWMs!!! <3

18 Likes

Buffed MW, we can prey Rdru is next!

12 Likes

Actually not bizzare changes. I’m pretty content with them. Gj

More of these changes, but weekly pls

16 Likes

Can you nerf shadow resist aura, you forgot that

Also can you give spriest a good legendary, they’re all garbage for pvp

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadow-resist-aura-balance-tuning/783217

6 Likes

These are good changes though wdym

1 Like

Really? That’s all we get? What is even going on over there at Blizzard HQ? Obviously not any real work.

7 Likes

Thank god they buffed MWs mana regeneration so my entire team isnt dead in 3 seconds when I have a MW on my team… Oh wait

11 Likes

These are decent changes. It’s not nearly enough to change the meta aside from maybe seeing frost mages on ladder

1 Like

You should apply the 30% mana regen nerf to PvE Holy Paladins too - they have far too much mana longevity compared to every other healer in raids, which contributes to them being overrepresented at the expense of other specs.

2 Likes

Think of these as telegraphs for 9.1 patch notes.

good changes now look at war an ret dmg an ele

8 Likes

Mhm. MW coming back.

1 Like

good stuff, but where’s the nerf to divine toll and templar’s tho? can we finnaly rid the game of 30k burst globals instead of just leaving a spec out of that every now and then pls.

19 Likes

seeing frostmage on ladder actually immediately changes the meta considering what the top specs currently are

1 Like

nerf warrior

29 Likes

At least they’re consistently updating the class fixes. Even if these are not the holy grail, I prefer small fixes often than drastic changes once every couple months.

11 Likes