PvP Tuning Changes for June 9

Please listen to the fourms, we play the game. You guys realize that a game went to 90% damping yesterday right? You realize the AWC was like 14 hours right? You’re biggest issue is PvE trinkets/essences and terrible class design. Gpie needs to go, and lock needs to be nerfed they dont die and blow everything up in front of them. Corruption doesn’t work in PvP scrap it. I’m sorry for the sloppiness of this post but some of these are so obvious I’m working staying calm instead of writing.

9 Likes

Man if i was a caster like ven ziqo etc and I had to sit there commentating those awful games for 14 hours straight?

I would need to be in a mental hospital after that holy shxt this is so bad.

6 Likes

def not quing and getting farmed by mage lock after tues. congratz blizzard u ruined the ladder once again w your fav destro fire.

are you trolling ? why are you buffing destro rmpal firemage ONCE MORE? can you post explanation behind your nerfs. this is non sense.

4 Likes

They saw the AWC. Locks and mages weren’t killing fast enough. Their mind is thinking if they nerf vers corruption and conflict, locks and mages will get killed before dampening…which won’t happen since those classes run different stats.

I remember before nerfs I was playing 0 corruption with resistance taken in and I still had a thing from beyond proc’d the fastest I’ve ever seen proc. #outplayed

They were playing full haste/vers on TR.

Idk why everyone is saying these vers changes are a destro/fire buff because almost every game I inspected them they were full vers corruptions and ran C&S major against stun heavy melee teams.

Not to mention these teams usually only have whatever stun their healer has and shadowfury. Infernal stun isn’t worth running C&S for.

Maybe I’m just not seeing it?

Live =/= TR

2k players like to use TR as their basis for game play for literally no reason at all
i’ve never played a game or seen a game even resemble a TR game on ladder and nobody in this thread likely will ever either

not that it’s r1 range but i’ve qd into 2600 almost 2700 mmr mld/mlms this season that are stacking haste FAAAAAAAAAAR more often than i’ve qd into them stacking verse

every time i q into gameking or w/e assumedly selfplaying another rdruid he plays 70% base non buffed haste and lives effortlessly to 50+% damp because you can often just position well and use one of your 70 drs to deny kills against cleaves that aren’t like wwdk or dh/arms even then you’ll likely win more often than you lose with haste amp

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/stormrage/f%C3%A1ke murkmindzz has racing pulse with haste amps

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/gamek%C3%ADng gameking haste amps

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/us/barthilas/featherfeet
feather haste amps

vers nerfs are just significant buffs to these comps

13 Likes

no destro nerfs hahahaha you are so bad at tuning

3 Likes

I had just assumed most destros were stacking versatility like the tourney from how tanky they were on ladder, soul leech and cc spam are crazier than I thought.

Yeah also keep in mind TR has a corruption cap (which at least should be implemented in pvp) so very often they are geared better than TR

1 Like

CnS nerf lol

What the heck is even happening anymore. This is what happens when you fail to take care of your garden of 36 plants. You don’t trim a few down and the rapid growing/anti-competitive plants crowd out all the others.

1 Like

Yea, on TR there is a 50 cloak resist cap (+10 from essence) so you can’t really stack to absurd numbers as you can on live. Also, TR doesn’t have sockets on the gear, which further reduces how extreme these stat stacking can get compared to live.

Most locks will go a mixture of Haste and Mastery amps because the more damage they do, the more adsorb they get through Fel Armor (Soul Leech)

Mages usually stack mastery for their big combust bursts, as a lot of their survibility comes from constant mobility and absurd CC.

The Versa nerf is good overall, to prevent players from gaining 96% versa amps once the cloak gets to 125 Resist, but the majority of under preforming specs are the ones who stack Versa.

Rogue/Mage/Lock don’t really care for versa as they have other means to survive and DH/Monk (on live) usually get Raden Weapons (Lash of the Void) as it increases their dps by like 35%.

5 Likes

High levels of Versatility feel good in the most popular forms of PvP content (like Battlegrounds) because the number of DPS far outnumbers the number of Healers. Passive defense is good in content where you can be targeted by 3+ players very quickly and major defensive CDs are frequently unavailable.

I understand the Arena tournament is going very slowly and something needs to be done to address the length of 3v3 games. But how about having an Arena solution for an Arena issue? Instead of nerfing Vers amps, which hurts other PvP content, why not let dampening set in earlier and ramp up faster?

Alternatively - why not just nerf or disable all corruption in PvP? Random procs dealing hundreds of thousands of damage does not feel skillful. Clearly some specs are benefiting far more than others with the ability to target specific stat amps (like Destro and Haste.) Corruption wasn’t designed for PvP. It’s annoying to earn. Why not just remove it and give PvPers other forms of customization, like another Honor Talent slot?

4 Likes

The point though is that you can’t tune exclusively for the end version of the cloak (125). By the time we get to that point, we will have drastically less time to play bfa than from now until that point (September 8). Just makes no sense to tune for 4-6 weeks of gameplay at the expense of January to September/October gameplay.

PvP only or is this across the board?

This is unbelievable as it shows you’re reading player feedback, but just choosing to blatantly ignore countless complaints about destro warlocks.

Their tankiness and damage combo’d with their CC is absurd in arena as it forces out so many other specs and comps. They can dampen or win in the opener with ease and it’s not healthy for the game. There are numerous threads, player feedback instances, and screenshots/videos to corroborate this. PLEASE nerf soul leech and/or focused chaos pvp talent.

Locks can’t have the most damage, the highest burst, the most CC and the most tankiness. Yet it’s gone on like that for THREE seasons now. Only thing keeping locks in check was rogue/mage, which got nerfed by verse & C&S. It’s nice that that’s getting toned down, but having to Q RMX to beat lock teams isn’t the answer.

6 Likes