PvP Tuning -- April 26

We will see how that will play out. However, no Deathborne and Destro Warlock tier nerfs? No Arcane Mage buffs, even though it is one of the least represented specs? This selective approach is disturbing.

Any assassin rogue crying right now due to this is literally laughable levels of 9,999. Now you might need to play the game like the rest of us instead of legit 100-0ing in 2-3gcd on a sustain damage spec. I’m sure it’ll still be a great tier piece in pvp and cause massive panic anytime sepsis goes off inevitably leading to death after trinket is gone.

2 Likes

Where’s the BM hunter buffs? Highest skill ceiling spec in the game for minimal reward.

Happy to see blizzard is alive and listening, and monitoring. It might not be all the tuning we need, but it sure is great to see some signs of life.

thank you blizzard

2 Likes

Well, you deserved it and still do.
Imagine having your experience and not understanding how double LoHs with such a short cd is bad for the game.

Hpriest still S tier. Nerfs weren’t that big.

When you guys gonna tune spriest? The class isn’t scaling and keeping up with everyone else because our legendaries are awful and so is our 4pc, among other things.

Representation has completely fallen off in arena. It’s not fun to play.

I have two % gladiators and a few elites prior to SL. Can’t be too surprised that someone who types like you is unable to do basic research before spouting nonsense :smiley:

Hope you learn better manners for discourse in the future!

Sometimes, I imagine they’re playing their game. Other times, they toss arbitrary 50% nerfs to see if it works.

It should for Prot. It won’t for Sin. Rogue is still abusing the Master Assassin legendary – been a problem from day one. It’s straightforward that if it only affected direct damage generators, people would stop using it outside of M+ in these memey one-shot, no reaction time PvP contexts.

To be fair, Alex isn’t wrong. You did start this ridiculous dialogue between the two of you. “You’re stupid no you are” seems to be a common conversation you have in these forums.

The only thing I’m indifferent about the mage nerfs is throughout the entire expansion has been mostly just nerfs without looking at the dead talents they do have.

I can understand mage tuning, but when you ignore other classes who are just as strong if not stronger then just seems silly.

Some mage nerf history

Throughout Legion fire/frost was nerfed to the point mages started playing arcane last part of the expansion. But then transition to BFA to Legion arcane received the heaviest nerf and has not recovered since. Shimmer blink from 15sec recharge to 25, displacement 100 yards down to 40 (then in shadowlands displacement was removed) lost 15% slow damage targets. Lost the arcane orb legendary (which I’m hoping becomes a talent in dragonflight talents)

Shadowlands
Triune Nerf from 50 to 65 down to 50 now 35% effectiveness.
Tempest Barrier nerfed
Fireball cutting 5 seconds off combustion (which was untouched in BFA) down to like 2 sec off combustion
Fire mage talent next to meteor crits reduce combustion from 2.5 down to 1.5 (something like that writing this not next to computer)

Frost has got some buffs with mainly frostbolt deep shatter + icy veins (haste) not dispellable and ice wall. Which seems to be the now default spec for mages to push. And in blizzard fashion frost will be the next spec to get nerfed.

Arcane is in a weird spot. Arcanosphere does not benefit from haste. Arcane Infinity only stacks up to 10 times not 18. Arcane Familiar/Supernova/NetherTempest/FocusMagic etc are just dead talents because they serve no purpose. I tested Arcane/Fire/Frost against a pvp healer and the only spec that makes healers have to use cool downs is Frost. If healer survive combustion they don’t have to sweat as much. Arcane if you’re spamming Arcane Blast only you don’t do enough damage to make the healer mama drop and the arc mage will go oom before healer hits 95% mana.

Arcane also has DMG reduction modifier such as overpowered from 60% down to 35% in pvp combat.

Mages aren’t bad but they feel like a support class. Would be cool to see Deep freeze come back for frost. Maybe give Arcane another version of polymorph that isn’t on the arcane school. Also maybe nerf combustion damage BUT increase fireball fire blast pyro last living bomb considerably when combustion is not active.

I’m sure there are more things to go into tuning and fixing mages. Hopefully dragonflight does something

2 Likes

you will get zero mage sympathy here

6 Likes

Shadow priest is only behind fire mage in 3s representation on the leaderboard for casters. They have a bigger % of leaderboard representation than ladder representation, which generally means the class is played less but competitive at high rating

I play a decent amount of rogue right now mostly screwing around… Sepsis was 100% broken but even with the nerf you will still die in a kidney.

Around 271 ilvl in pvp my rogue sepsis does like 50-70k damage in 2-3 seconds prior to the nerf. The damage will happen over 4-5 seconds now and the damage will be the same. I think its more likely you will die to the MFD envenom crit instead of sepsis killing you.

The real translation of the nerf is basically like its very unlikely a MFD kidney sepsis shiv vendetta will 100-0 you by itself anymore.

That being said I still prefer necro if i was going to play assa

1 Like

Also this is the rogue… still needs more gear.

You just said damage still there sure but you die way slower. Which gives people a chance to react instead of dying instantly.

Sure if you are out of trinkets and cds your done vs rogue but at least people might not afk at the keyboard and walk away because it’s that blatant atm.

This whole season is a disaster and without diving into it again for the 100th time, pvp didn’t need to be tuned to the point it’s just a pve race atm.

1 Like

Okay you know what. I apologize. Took it to far.
Just going to agree to disagree.

This is wrong. Tier set is equally as busted and both need to take a hit.

Nobody’s going to feel bad for you because you decided to reroll rogue after seeing how busted it was. You’re also terrible if you think this change will actually stop any of the insane sin damage, most people will still get deleted in a kidney vendetta sepsis go.

and where is the craven removal?

Imagine logging to a hunter just to make this stupid request

2 Likes

Imagine thinking asking for craven removal is stupid. Hunter players trying to justify a full counter to any dot based class while also being able to feign the most aggressively they’ve ever been is one of the most fried things I keep seeing here.

2 Likes