PVP System Changes are listed here, and the PTR for Classic Era PVP is up. GREAT CHANGES

If they dont add new stuff (gear) like WTF took them so long to remove the decay and pool sizes and caps. This is just another lazy attempt by blizzard.

For someone that plays as much as I do. I like the changes maybe I’ll have multiple r14’s now. lol

But the cynical part of me is saying “thats it?”. lol

1 Like

Hey, disabling the ‘accept ressurection?’ button is no mere task!

On the ptr they actually added pvp epic belt/bracers, but they are terrible raw stat items.

But i think the reason they are taking as long as they are isn’t because they were working on anything, it would have caused a MASSIVE outcry if they had just ninja dropped this change/reset without the 2 month warning, they had to give people adequate time to prepare for it.

3 Likes

I made a warrior and quickly log’d out. Dont want to cry when I go from all this cool stuff on the ptr to my sh1tty geared war in Era. LOL

3 Likes

PvPing to get PvP gear goes against everything Classic stands for.

3 Likes

Seems that way, and looks as if you will still need an investment of time, just not insane amounts like previously

1 Like

Don’t worry man. you are gonna have a Battleground healer “soon” Ill hit 58 today.

Isn’t the decay the same? Meaning r13 to r14 requires the same amount of no-lifing?

Every realm / faction has different standings. For example last week the number 1 spot for Faerlina ally was roughly 200 k honor. My realm Mankrik was roughly 600k and apparently number 1 spot on Whitemane is over 1 million.

So if the new hard cap is 750 k, it’s significantly easier to get r14 for whitemane players (the majority of all pvpers).

3 Likes

No, the new honor cap is 750k now. Anyone serious enough to ranking can get that in 3 days. Someone that can only play 3 to 4 hours a day… can now get it done in a week.

Well if whitemane is no-lifing at 12 hours a day to get 1million honor, then this means you only have to no-life at 9* hours a day to get 750k. Kinda sounds employment and r14 are still mutually exclusive.

We still don’t know if hitting that 750k cap is ever required for reaching r14 or if it simply affords the fastest growth. They have also said that number isn’t final (yet).

They already mentioned the max CP decay as well as the max CP gain, so likely, rank 13’s will not decay too much, sounds like you could farm 200k honor a week only and still get like 10% of your rank

oh my bad, I musta missed that

1 Like

The CP thing doesn’t really make sense to me because it says maximum decay is 2500 CP but 750k honor = 65,000 CP. So, if I multiply and divide does that mean you lose a maximum of 28-29k honor worth of CP per week?

there is not way its that low. Means you can basically farm 100k honor a week for like 20 weeks and be r14.

There is still decay within ranks, if you only farm 100k honor you wont be able to progress the higher tiers

Thanks for explaining this.

Will update my guild on how it actually works. They were very hard set on the clusters having combined rating.

There’s still decay within rank so it’ll still be quite hard.

1 Like

The cool thing is you dont derank.

1 Like