PVP Servers (i.e. Stalagg) - Need solutions

To Blizz,

I think a lot of players are wondering if your team is going to do something about the fact that some pvp servers in Classic WOW are not pvp anymore due to fact that all players from one faction are gone.

It looks like some server transfers you organised make it way worst and created an unbalanced situation. We clearly need a solution now.

In the last week, I haven’t seen one Alliance player in Stalagg server. NOT ONCE! I see people, tho, complaining everyday about the fact that their pvp server is no more.

You need to make something happen quickly. People are clearly going to lose appetite for the game if they don’t feel the pvp experience anymore. People are going to quit, change server, making the situation even worst.

You have few servers with medium population. It would probably be interesting to see if a merge is possible here. A merge making a fair trade between Horde and Alliance players. It is important to act fast because people are creating new characters on other servers, making it harder to do something.

I really hope your team is on the case and will offer us solutions quickly. We are paying full price for a product that doesn’t offer what we expect.

Thank you

Emma Watson

5 Likes

Transfer to incendius, it will be the best server the rest of classic with tons of great players on both sides.

3 Likes

merging servers would be admitting they were wrong about layering, not gonna happen when the alternative is raking in money from transfers

6 Likes

If we take PvP servers as a single ecosystem, is there a long term solution? The overall PvP server balance is out of whack what can they do to fix it?

One time free boost to 60 for an alliance character on a PvP server (maybe only if you have a horde char at 60)?

Reduced respec spec costs for alliance on PvP servers?

I honestly think it’s the massive time investment of leveling that prevents most rerolls at this point, not even the gearing once 60.

3 Likes

There is a solution to the lack of Alliance on PvP servers: Reroll as Alliance.

29 Likes

I invite you to check the wow classic server population publication in the gamerjournalist, 3 days ago.

As you can see in this publication, some servers have less than 3000 players. I think it would be fair to merge those servers into bigger ones.

Maybe i’m wrong, i’d like Blizz to tell us their toughts about it.

the solution is to pay the blizzard tax and do a paid transfer

What can they do, realistically? There are many servers that have very imbalanced populations. They can’t fix them all with merges. Who decides which ones get saved and which die? What makes you think the Alliance would stick around if you merged them in the first place?

10 Likes

“Worst…” You keep using that word.

I do not think it means what you think it means.

4 Likes

Yea then that server can be ruined too

2 Likes

This isn’t a problem caused by Blizzard. They didn’t tell 70+% of PvP players to roll Horde. They didn’t tell people to join roving murderballs in Searing Gorge or the Plaguelands. That’s all on players.

The Alliance fleeing PvP servers? Player caused. The hour AV queues? Player caused. These are player-caused problems, and the only practical solution is in the hands of players: get Horde on PvP servers to reroll as Alliance on those servers.

34 Likes

You wouldn’t know what ruined is lol. You just dodge everything and are irrelevant.

1 Like

If you check the server population, few are in a really bad position. It’s not about killing one server, its about merging two servers into one. Why wouldn’t Alliance stick around in a pvp server, if you give them a fair competition. They’ll go in a pve server? I dont understand what you mean by this.

No matter what server it is, the nature of the ranking meta is going to create environments where Horde will dominate the open world. Alliance have instant queues so all the serious Alliance rankers/pvp’s are in BG’s full time while Horde pick off casual players/levelers in the open world.

5 Likes

You play on heartseeker dude, you caused this.

The issue is people that transfered because they died in WPvP, which left servers like skeram/stalagg with no player base which means the remaining players are screwed.

4 Likes

Maybe you are right, but that doesn’t solve the situation where a 9000 players server have 10 % active Alliance players. I think Blizzard has to take control of the situation.

Why did they leave Skeram/Stalagg in the first place? Why are Ally concentrating their population on a handful of pvp servers creating a few Ally dominated realms and leaving the others that they could have go to to balance to rot?

Players dont want balanced realms. They want realms where they can pretend it’s close enough to balanced but is in reality tilted to their favor so they can feel good.

21 Likes

One of the first transfers to Heartseeker while queues were still in place yes. Mocked for transferring to a dead server then immediately mocked for flocking to an Alliance cesspool shortly after. Which one is it?

2 Likes

Leaving a full server is foolish, Remote Desktop exists and is far less annoying/bad then playing on a 85-15 server

2 Likes

Even if I disagree with you, I think what you say can still be achieved with servers like Stalagg.