Queen Ansurek Tuning Incoming - October 15

With scheduled weekly maintenance tomorrow, we intend to make the following adjustments to the final encounter in the raid.

Nerub-ar Palace

• Queen Ansurek
    • Frothy Toxin damage reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.
    • Gloom Blast damage reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.
    • When calculating applications of Frothy Toxin, only living players are now counted towards the maximum possible application amount on Heroic and Mythic difficulties.
    • On Mythic difficulty:
      • Queen Ansurek’s health reduced by 5%.
      • Frothy Toxin damage reduced by 26.7%.
      • Silken Tomb health reduced by 20%.
      • Wrest damage (Intermission) reduced by 25%.
      • Grasping Silk maximum size reduced by 10%.
      • Shadowgate cast time increased by 20%.
      • Gloom Blast damage reduced by 25%.
      • Acolyte’s Essence periodic damage reduced by 15%.
      • Essence Scarred duration reduced by 50%.
      • Royal Condemnation damage reduced by 10%.
      • Summoned Acolyte health and Dark Barrier shield amount reduced by 15%.
      • Royal Shackle health reduced by 15%.
7 Likes

bound to happen

I don’t like uneven numbers. maybe we can roll those nurfs up just a little more. Say 20 and 10%.

I also don’t see anything in here about getting more loot? Is that right?

I’m only semi motivated to leave Dornowhatever.

Why was it ever NOT???
Yeah players should not die if they want to beat it, but the death-spiraling in raidbosses is insane.

7 Likes

It isn’t being nerfed for casuals, there are literally 5 mythic kills, even Hall of Fame guilds can’t kill this boss as it is.

4 Likes

Now please look into Ovi’Nax heroic parasites

1 Like

Casuals won the war!

Yay I might get AotC now

1 Like

e x c e l l e n t

OMG this isn’t until tomorrow? So sick of all this waiting.

2 Likes

What was the point of all this extra ilvl scaling and stacking damage / healing buffs for mythic if we’re still going to nuke huge swathes of mythic encounters? We were already going to be stronger relative to top world guilds than we’ve ever been at an end boss without all this.

Because the current version of the boss only has 5 kills? I’d rather they nerf it than kill guilds en masse like they did when they waited too long to nerf Tswift.

1 Like

Difference being with tindral the guilds progressing it were max ilvl and only 6-7 ilvls total higher than the guilds who killed it in RWF. Now we have a boss that was killed at 625, when the max ilvl is 639, and a stacking 3% damage and healing buff every week starting next week.

I’d just rather have seen the passive measures actually do their jobs before we started chopping.

2 Likes

I don’t think heroic nerf is necessary. Failures at proper item levels seem to be skill issue, not excessive mechanic. With the nerf coming in from the time gated buff, it seems like it would be better to wait a week and see how it looks then.

Yeah, I was going to wait until more M Raiders complained, because I love to throw their own “git gud” back on them when they make that complaint to then say “if you were any good, you would have beat it before the nerfs.”

But in this case … it seems heavy-handed when (as you said) there is already an two-fold bonus that favors the players: MASSIVE room to improve gear, and a raid buff.

Maybe the encounter DID need to be nerfed … but in this early??? With big buffs coming?

At least give people a chance.

I’d generally agree with one exception, when encounter design is restrictive of composition I’m a lot happier to see early fight nerfs. These changes don’t seem particularly targeted at any of that, and again most people are a substantial amount of ilvl / threads stacks away from actually starting progress.

The boss is also the type that is heavily nerfed by ilvl, with the majority of the dangerous overlaps happening in what are currently the final minute of the fight. Being able to outright skip those with sufficient power increases makes the fight much much easier.

1 Like

Yeah 100%.

Another overtuned RWF completed by professional players now the normals can do mythic. -Blizzard.

2 Likes

Gotta love the nerfs to content I’ll never do. Sweathards are now between a rock and a hard place. You’ll have to recruit people who like to raid.

The rest of us will dilly-dally and have fun.

Yeah I don’t understand this part. We haven’t even reached the point where the raid is being nerfed naturally. As an AOTC/M+ player I haven’t even reached the max heroic ilvl yet. Im guessing there are a lot of mythic raiders that haven’t hit myth gear cap yet… can’t imagine there are many people anywhere that are even close to BIS and capped at this point.

This needed to be fixed because it was annoying trying to learn the fight.