Hunter adjustments -- April 23

This morning with scheduled weekly maintenance, in addition to previously-planned adjustments to other classes, we deployed several changes to Hunters in Season of Discovery.

Hunter

• Rapid Killing now reduces the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 80% (was a reduction of 2 minutes).
  • Chimera Shot weapon damage percent increased to 135% (was 120%).
  • Explosive Shot base damage before attack power increased by 50%.
  • Sniper Training has an additional new effect: while Sniper Training is at 5 stacks, Aimed Shot is instant.
  • Serpent Spread now causes Multi-shot to apply Serpent Sting to its targets for 12 seconds (was 6 seconds).
  • Steady Shot now deals 100% weapon damage (was 75%).

As we previously noted, there are more adjustments coming for Hunters and other classes. In general, we intend to improve the ranged playstyle and diminish the melee playstyle so that the two become more equivalent.

We apologize for the confusion caused by the changes above going live earlier than intended, and we intend to post more about further adjustments soon.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

13 Likes

Those are some pretty cool changes that should help in PVE without being too busted in PVP (don’t let the hunters just stand there for instant aimed shots and pvp hunters don’t take steady shot), thanks for the update.

1 Like

Ok cool now give us mass dispell so that we actually have a counter to ret pallies.

3 Likes

Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Never in the history of WoW has every class been good against everything. Get over it.

2 Likes

Awesome changes. Love to see it.

1 Like

chimera shot was already critting for 2k lol

5 Likes

Awesome changes, can’t wait to get scatter frozen trapped and 100-0’d from 50 yards away.

2 Likes

That’s an exaggeration and you know it. Hunter was in the absolute worst place of every ranged class and in terms of melee only beating warrior pvp wise. They are also introducing pvp damage reduction, if you are getting hit for 2k you are using an irradiated potion or they had the bg damage buff. I’ve hit 1.5k before and i’m pretty geared

8 Likes

These changes are fine as long as the PvP damage reduction remains active.

Warriors are the strongest class in the game in both PvE and PvP, but I imagine they will be mad about this.

Please. For the love of all that is holy.
Delete. Sniper. Training.

WE DO NOT WANT THIS TRASH DESIGN

Stop doubling down on this absolute dog mechanic.

7 Likes

Cause you like to move around a lot or don’t like to stand still if you’re not require to move

1 Like

If warriors are the strongest class in pvp, tell me 1 class that they can beat in a duel when everyone’s cds are up.

Am I taking crazy pills. I was expecting to see chimaera shot nerfed not buffed

5 Likes

Found the spastic strafer. Think about how many autos youve clipped because you cant hold still.

5 Likes

Awesome changes! I wonder if rapid killing is viable now instead of L&L.

night elf hunters getting to open fights with aimed shot kinda gross.

6 Likes

true. Going to be a lot of fun

Tbf aimed shot is kinda sucky. Multishot does more dmg than it, plus even when i have the chance at casting it, i rather use arcane instead since it already begins the cd. This is minor buff at best.

Now, steady shot, why. 100% regular damage is still regular dmg and why would anyone ever use it when you have other abilities that hit harder. Of which all never go on cd to even consider using steady. Because by the time multishot, arcane, your two traps, viper sting, and cd reset from lock and loaded rune, its already been 6 seconds of globals, which arcanes cd is now refreshed. Would anyone ever take steady? No.

Really wish Blizzard would stop using cryptic language like “diminish melee”. If mele hunters get nerfed and rogues/warriors don’t, there will be 0 value in having mele hunters in a group.

6 Likes