Honor Gear Discounts Incoming

With the first Arena season starting this week, we are reducing the cost of Honor gear by 30%.

During the first week of the expansion there were some very profitable ways of earning Honor which have been resolved. With this change, players who are reaching level 80 this week will be able to acquire Deadly, Hateful, and Savage gear a bit more quickly, to prepare for Arena play.

This update is coming via hotfix soon.

64 Likes

Wonderful news

6 Likes

I thought 60k per piece was way too much for starter gear.

Thank you!

8 Likes

RIP to those of us who already purchased gear……. Thanks blizzard wtf

7 Likes

Cry?
/10char

4 Likes

Remove rating requirement while at it.

19 Likes

Thank you, Kaivax. This is a nice change. I would still like to see some justice for those that exploited WG.

8 Likes

cut heirloom gear badges in half while your at it

5 Likes

This is epic, thanks Blizzard.

1 Like

I don’t see how it’s an exploit if just playing the game normally awarded tons of extra honor. Now, if there was some specific trick to making that happen… That’s a very different story.

3 Likes

Would be amazing for Relics :face_holding_back_tears: Ret Paladin’s only good libram is from Arena and I dread getting 1900 rating to obtain it.

3 Likes

For how long will this discount be in place?

3 Likes

Good.

Full geared people with WG gear costing over 80+ marks already because it was exploitable the first couple days.

This change doesn’t fix it, but it’ll help the rest of us that didn’t exploit

6 Likes

Huge kaiv. Thank you.

You abused an exploit and are complaining that people who didn’t are going to be able to more readily catch up. Hmm… lolwut?

13 Likes

Great news !

To call this an exploit is a huge exaggeration.

1 Like

It’s an exploit.

People weren’t able to get all 3 pieces of wintergrasp gear in a 2-3 hours back in the day.

You cheated.

5 Likes

Because every single person that bought honor gear did the exploit clearly go fake rage at something else.

4 Likes

As someone who has almost finished my pre-arena pvp gearing (just need the WG helm now) I fully support this change.

Good on Blizzard. Absolute win on their part.