Honor Gear Discounts Incoming

Lol @ U

Same happened to me last wrath. Bought the trinket a couple days before the price dropped by 90%. Sucked. Still remember the salt.

“make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).” A bug was abused to gain a resource (currency), that you would have not otherwise had access to. People should have just been banned or the items removed.

5 Likes

Can we get some honor gear discounts for retail?

1 Like

You’re on the wrong forum buddy.

1 Like

No one cheated, you are just being a jealous little kid.

If it was an exploit, Kaivax would have said it was an exploit in this post. But he did not, and instead said that it was more profitable than they intended. NOT AN EXPLOIT.

1 Like

So now people are getting incentives for EXPLOITING the game? LMAO
Nice work Blizz, we can see how good the company has become, let us all pre-purchase Dragonflight guys! LMAO

4 Likes

I know there’s gonna be a lot of salt from those who had their honor grind done before this change went into place, but honestly, those people are morons.

This change is about helping the people who were effected by queues or real life and couldn’t reach lvl 80 until now or later, get their honor gear faster.

For those of us who hit lvl 80 last week and are already in full pre-arena pvp gear, we were never going to benefit from this reduction anyways. It’s not like any of us were going to wait until today to start farming up our honor gear after all.

Heck, I casually PvPed for the last several days (WG every 3 hours and winning a random BG and the CTA for the 50 AP) and I still managed to get almost entirely done with my honor farm before today.

The people who feel so entitled/upset because they got it done before it became easier, are no better than the people crying about WG multi-queue being an exploit, imo.

4 Likes

Good thing i grinded out my shamans gear legit before this

Instead of punishing people using a clear bug/exploit, they just cater to it as usual.

1 Like

That is the most pedantic reasoning ever. It is an exploit by definition. It was an unintended loophole that people took advantage of. It was exploiting and there is no way to claim otherwise. Intentionally exploiting is a form of cheating.

That being said it isn’t “that” big of a deal. Blizzard messed up and they are dealing with it.

5 Likes

Good fix but have to say it feels bad to be someone who purchased gear after the exploit was patched and before this hotfix was implemented :confused: I prob miss out on 50k honor with this

3 Likes

Nothing will happen. Nothing was exploited. The game did not limit the amount of times you could do Wintergasp. Nothing notorious was done to achieve the end result.

Honor gear is still the same price. Did they reduce it yet?

Good news - does this mean people who abused this aren’t going to be rolled back or banned?

Great honor change. Any news on the zombie event? Will that be being turned back on?

Savage glad gear can be purchased with honor and marks of heroism. Will the heroism requirement also be reduced?

No way to claim otherwise?

You must be joking because any sane person sees this clear as day.

They told us you could queue for wintergrasp during a 30 minute window, we were never told that you could only do it once. There was no restrictions in place, no malicious workaround needed to bug it out. You simply hit queue for wintergrasp and joined.

If you happened to be in the wintergrasp zone farming stuff, it asked you to join queue. if you don’t join it kicked you out to Dalaran.

A bug? They gave us a 30 minute window. Players used it. It was working as intended. You can tell by the fact that the Blizzard employee all the way at the top didn’t use the word “exploit”.

No doubt there was many ignorant players who weren’t aware you should only be able to do Wintergrasp once per 3 hours, but I’m sure most did. I don’t think there should be any punishment for it because it Blizzards fault for making such a mistake, but it is still an exploit.

Thank you, i like that you took action. Not ideal but its something
+1

If it was an exploit Kaivax would have called it that. Blizzard does not consider it an exploit.

It was working as intended = NOT AN EXPLOIT.

Blizzard did not consider how fast the games would end and adjusted it later to only be able to queue once.