PvP Rings Bug and Resolution

On Tuesday, a bug with our initialization of Burning Crusade Classic Arena Season 1 made three Season 2 rings available on Honor vendors on NA realms for about two hours before we hotfixed the situation.

We immediately got to work designing and implementing a process for identifying the 81 players who purchased the Season 2 rings and reversing their transactions.

That process is underway at this time. All Season 2 PvP gear that was inadvertently available will soon be removed, and the Honor spent refunded.

As always, we appreciate everyone who reported it to us, so that we could act quickly to ensure fair play.

Thank you!

41 Likes

Ok now fix pvp honor rate

37 Likes

You mean queue times.

10 Likes

Is that it?

3 Likes

Thanks for the fix guys! This was important for maintaining the integrity of the season.

We appreciate all the hard work you are doing.

5 Likes

Now fix everything else

5 Likes

queue times

3 Likes

Why not punish the people who knew it wasn’t supposed to be on the vendor? Some streamers come to mind. At minimum they shouldn’t be getting honor back.

13 Likes

So if I accidently buy a kodohide instead of dragonhide im SoL, but if people knowingly abuse an exploit for their own gain they get their honor back? Wonderful news!

This really seems like some sort of parody, you cant make this up.

14 Likes

thats good news and im glad to hear it. i know you wont respond to this, but i hope you guys are working on a solution to the horde queue times as well. hopefully we get an update on your guys opinions on that soon, whether it be good news or bad news.

3 Likes

Please fix the honor issue…

2 Likes

I mean… it wasn’t an exploit. Blizz just accidently put them on a vendor earlier than it should be.

An exploit would be like doing something crazy to get the vendor to show the rings.

4 Likes

Good on blizzard, these players clearly didnt know that what they were doing was not intended. like those who ran 10 man Scarlet Monastery, or premade groups in AV.

1 Like

Now can you please also address and revert

If you can prove they knew (IE: chat logs or streamed content) then I’m not against it, but Blizzard probably doesn’t care to waste time on investigating it to figure that out TBH.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with them though? Don’t fix what’s not broken.

Mind posting on the other 3 large topics on the TBC forums?

2 Likes

Critical drinker says: “Nahh, It’ll be fine…”

ok now fix the insane honor farm please

3 Likes

Thanks for admitting the mistake, fixing it and communication of what is being done. Hope we can see more of this in the near future. Thanks.

6 Likes