PvP Rank Pools Hotfix Coming October 13

stupid change imo lol why now and just…why ???

9 Likes

https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/classic-pvp-system-overview

Not seeing anything about some magic number of minimum players in there.

3 Likes

I’m not even surprised any more… At this point it’s likely a competition for the blizzard employees to find the worst possible change to implement into the game.

9 Likes

yes and you can boost exactly the sizes you need for an extra b1,2,3 slot…

prior to this update i can boost my own b1 slot on a dead server

yep HAHAHA im legit dying at this… who the HELL did they hire a bunch of monkeys? holy crap! I cant even believe all the idiotic changes they have done LOL

10 Likes

They don’t have every day logical thinking people at actiblizz now days like you or I.

They have been doing facepalm worthy changes for years now.

9 Likes

You could have at least told all the Rank 12+ players to buy some lube in advance.

6 Likes

340 is the magic number. A server needs 340 pool slots for a b14 slot & ~150 slots for a b2 slot.

1 Like

You’re allowing RMT to take command of this niche need with in Classic World of Warcraft with these changes.

Now Multiboxers will be able to command a higher real dollar value for their service.

This is a negative change, as now the power is only to those who’s goal is to exploit the USA player base for real money transactions.

4 Likes

link please.

Blizzard is not about to merge their Classic servers if their history says anything. They do “we didn’t merge servers” mergers in retail but I think there is more of a chance of turning these low pop servers into TBC servers or something at this point. I frankly don’t think any mergers good for the game and it’s part of why I quit retail, but even medium pop servers have a hard time getting enough active PVPers.

The deleting thing was discovered in March 2019 or something but Pool Parties have been going on since very early. I do not believe Pool Parties are exploiting (I don’t see any problem with making low levels to PVP with) but people won’t do them anymore due to ban fears so those are over with too.

I’m not going to argue with you any more. I generally don’t respond to your stuff because I don’t agree with it so that’s all I’m saying.

they wont merg because they want ppl to buy xfers LOL

3 Likes

This isn’t just a bad change, it’s downright cruel. The Vanilla ranking system is one of the worst systems ever made, and low population servers had no other recourse for ranking up than this.

Blizzard, you are effectively killing PvP with this hotfix for thousands of people. I sincerely hope you either rethink this decision or implement an actual solution, but I highly doubt either of these things will happen.

14 Likes

Win win for them! They get to have more accounts subscribed so you can keep botting to expand the brackets! COOL!

What about all the fly botters blizzard? We address those yet? Oh right if you ban those you lose out of the sub, but if you do this you increase your subs. Got it.
What a joke of a company.

13 Likes

Then you should be asking for the honor system to be changed.

Well this is obviously a very poor decision. We are well pass the point of this being a logical thing to implement. It should of been done in phase 2, not in phase 5. Doing this now only serves as a giant middle finger to all your players.

7 Likes

Yeah cause that’s a realistic thing to ask Blizzard to do pertaining to Classic WoW as opposed to say, for example, fixing fly hacking so bots don’t swoop up all the Black Lotus.

Stop being a contrarian to everything that is said in this thread, you have no clue how anything works.

1 Like

This is the funniest thread of the day by far, I love seeing everyone outrage to this, I take no side in what should happen.

1 Like

/shrug i understand they’re fixing an obvious exploit.