PVP on alts is like bashing head against concrete wall

Glad i’m not the only one feeling this - getting shi* on by people who play 1 character the entire xpack is rough

10 Likes

There are a fair number of old timers who think that people who play alts are playing the game wrong and should be punished.

1 Like

This is literally why I’m about to quit the game. My sub runs out in 14 days & I’m seriously considering letting the game gather dust.

My main is a Warlock & I can’t stand playing Destro in this Melee Meta. I leveled 6 other classes to 60 but can’t bring myself to grind the Honor out because I’m getting 1 shot by everything. I’ve been trying to do the Arena Skirmish Weekly & BGs but facing people with 40k HP getting 2 shot is stupid.

On top of that it takes like 300 wins just to catch up on Conquest so GL playing like 1000 games to catch up unless you’re a god n win every game. Which won’t happen since you’re running around at 26-32k HP vs 40-42k HP players at 900 rating.

11 Likes

They seem resistant to the boredom some people feel playing the same class for a long stretch.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/how-to-gear-shadowlands-item-level-rewards

Players are doing ranked PVP due to higher ilvl = high main stat. Main stat > secondary stats. You’re an ignorant person who only does random bgs, hence why you have no clue how the game is outside of your bubble.

Look at lfg for high keys and h+ raids, what kind of ilvls are they asking for? Not an ilvl you’d get from LFR and heroic dungeons, that’s for sure. But again, you’re ignorant.

2 Likes

These forums don’t represent the entire playerbase, don’t be delusional. Everything is a complaint, there’s no way a million+ unique people post here, sorry.

A honor set and conquest set means there are 2 separate templates for your character. Hence why they moved to a single template instead. Legion sold well.

I know you want to have advantages in pvp but I’d prefer it being more balanced.

1 Like

LOLOL…I’ve been playing since vanilla and all my realID friends are the same, we all have multi-60’s and one has several in one class trying to get the feel of different races…I don’t think you are talking oldtimers, just people WITHOUT A.D.D…

1 Like

On my 59 warrior I got the Wrecking Ball achievement (20-0) in my final bg for that bracket. Ding to 60 …first bg and I got the reverse Wrecking Ball achievement 0-20…lol

5 Likes

…the really funny thing is how twinking BELOW 60 is for people that suck at PVP, but a twinked out 60 takes skill…this game is not the problem, it’s the HIGH % of people playing it…it’s like trying to talk politics…no one want to admit they are wrong, especially a wow fanboi…

1 Like

Eh… maybe?

My experience on alts is gear isn’t the problem. Doing random RBGs to gear is the problem.

And 90% of the time what’s awful about them (and they’re often awful) isn’t some overpowered enemy. I’m not dueling. It’s my own team being completely, and utterly, garbage.

Random BGs are a Zerg fest. People don’t protect flags, attack the wrong targets, scream at each other etc. We’re not just talking ‘people are kinda bad, bad’ - we’re talking ‘people are so terrible you’d assume most of them have never played that BG before, bad’.

Every time I go into a random I regret hitting the queue button. It’s dreadful. While my experience in fixed groups is, 90% of the time, great (and in those I run into better geared people too - but good tactics can beat them).

1 Like

gear>skill

1 Like

ignorant would be lack of knowledge, we know the pve issue and could care less in regards to pvp, not exactly the correct term.

seethe harder pls.

2 Likes

That’s fair actually. Since I educated you on the topic you understand it now. The fact you don’t care shows why your “ideas” have no value. I’m sorry to have offended you.

Outside of matching up roles I don’t think there should be any sort of matchmaking system for random bgs. What needs to happen is a drop in the Ilvl Disparity Blizzard chooses to create. By the time Season 4 rolls around we will all be back up to 100-150k HP, with people just hitting 60 having 20k hp.

9 Likes

They just want to see the game die quicker.

2 Likes

…no they don’t, that’s the stupidest thing to say, they are trying to keep people happy so they continue to pay subs…and if you were my age you’d know the louder someone cries the more attention they get and the people that like to gang up and roll over non-geared people are getting the attention…me personally I don’t like having a gear advantage because then I SHOULD WIN…gear>skill…

Yeah they do. Blizzard is tired of this game. It needs to die. So they finally caved in to the twink players. Now wow is in its final death throes.

1 Like

…/facepalm…

1 Like

Blizzard loves us now. I’m Buzzlightyear. You can go back to the toy closet Woody.

…if anything they are trying to make everyone go horde, they really do hate the alliance…

1 Like