PvP officially dead?

Sad to see. :sob: Maybe Midnight will fix it.

1 Like

Thats not true. Doomsayers like you have never been more out of place

1 Like

Oh its the truth but you refuse to see it so im done with ya.
Move along

This is not the issue with m+ tho?

It seems to be with some of the friends I have chatted with. Also, there is a thread in general that says this exactly.

I don’t think it’s the only issue by any means. I haven’t done any M+ this expansion yet, but the dungeons are annoying and I’d have to guess they are even worse in mythic. Though if I had to guess I’m sure the biggest issue is probably gear, ilvl rewards, and upgrade system. Just a guess though.

You have zero experience with m+, saw a random thread in general and decided to comment on it. Why do you do that lmao? Why do you need to comment on something you do not have xp with?

1 Like

This is kind of like like going “I used to be level 110 now I’m 80 why do I even bother”.

2 Likes

0 experience? o.O?

I was one of the top SV hunters ages ago. It’s not saying much, but I have done a lot of M+, just not much recently. Regardless, that wasn’t my point.

Curious, what’s your current XP in M+ since that’s what validates your opinion. I’d check yours but your on a classic toon.

Why are you so angry? Legitimately. We’re just talking. I’m not saying I’m an expert. I wasn’t disagreeing with you. I’m just giving my thoughts. If you want to disagree, that’s fine. This is just a discussion. As I said, I’m sure there are lots of reasons.

I think we just have a different way we look at the game. If your measure of ability is a number and that number is also linked to achievements, then not hitting that number is demoralizing and frustrating.

I mean keys got squished because there were too many pointless levels.

Okay, sure, but if we’re dooming over squishes then we’re actually truly ngmi.

Yea, I don’t disagree, but it’s still annoying when you have some level of consistency and then that gets tossed out.

Give it some consideration. When your range of keys is 10 vs 20, you can really fine tune the gaps in skill/ability. A wider range might make for a better experience and also reduce the degree of difficulty between keys. If your cap is now 10 vs 20, then it’s safe to assume the difference between 19 and 20 vs 9 and 10 is double.

Maybe. If we at a place where MMR is no longer sustainable because of the lack of players, I’d say we really are in a bad place. If the game has to maintain a certain population for some ratings to be hit, it really does just reflect on how bad the system is and how arbitrary the numbers are.

Gotta also remember external stuff

1. we have less gear

2. our tier is weaker

3. gearing takes longer

4. dungeons haven’t been nerfed 82 times each

Like probably 12s now are the casual threshold where you just have your legs cut off if you’re going in without a plan. In the third season of dragonflight you could get into higher 20s before anything really killed you.

I think we’re a little microwaved coming off Draconic where mmr rolled over fully and people are expecting to be higher quicker than they were in a season that was tuned around lasting 3 weeks.

You have zero experience currently with M+. You replied to me saying m+ is suffering and pointed to the keys being squished being the reason it’s suffering when that isn’t the case. Your historical experience on hunter in M+ is irrelevant, because the discussion is focusing on M+ currently.

High enough to have every +20 portal from SL & DF + 2 from this season. Experience isn’t the sole thing that validates an opinion, being well versed in the topic at hand does though. Being well versed in it means knowing that the key level squish isn’t even top 10 on discouraging players from doing M+.

I get excessively tired of people who have no experience (currently) in a bracket that is being mentioned and just talk to talk. You literally do this once every 6 months until you eventually afk these forums because you get told you’re wrong 50 times.

The largest issues with M+ currently are:

• Pugging is a nightmare, people just rage quit and there is no leaver penalty.
  • Lack of stronger rewards for M+
  • Challenger’s Peril being egregiously overtuned for Pugs and regular groups (15s off timer per death).
  • Difficulty in getting toons prepared and ready to push
  • Rotating affix that takes people excessive amounts of time to learn (and its bugged)
  • Dungeons are currently overtuned in various aspects

None of that has anything to do w/the keys being squished.

2 Likes

How’s the game’s population overall? Idk. This sounds bad but how about the rest of the game?

Isn’t that what brought us here?

They redesigned how glad worked, redesigned the reward structure, and introduced new game modes with different ranks and rewards.

IDK. I think they’ve tried that. I still maintain the problem is more fundamental. Class design & kiddy pool wise. Noobs need to intuitively understand pvp &have fun doing it. Like from level 5 or 10. & I think the experience suffers from being streamlined.

I swear this is the biggest thing that people have yet to adapt to. You can basically clear anything up to an 11 by just going one pack at a time and consistently pulling doing reasonable damage. However, every wipe is 75s off PLUS run back time, it basically bricks a key. Not completely, obviously, because I finished an 11 siege yesterday with 120% and 19 deaths with 1 minute left, but we were insanely overqualified.

People just gotta adapt and play more to live and the timer will come naturally.

1 Like

100% disagree. Give healers a unique mount for 300+ wins in arenas and you’ll see the mount collectors running from the hills to que up.

1 Like

Mount collectors mostly try to pretend pvp doesn’t exist. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

WW so far is my favorite expansion since Wrath. If it weren’t for the meta changing where MW’s have to flag carry every game I’d likely have 300 matches played, instead of like 100 between 3 toons. But Delves are cool, I love BGB (but wish they would tone down the MMR swing), and I could take or leave raiding/M+ but what I’ve done of them seems fine so far. The world content is cool too, I like the world this xpac.

Please kiss me bolt

2 Likes

My comment isn’t something unique to just this expansion, but has been a growing issue.

You folks act like you need a doctorates to have an opinion on WoW. This isn’t complicated and these problems aren’t new. I was making a simple parallel between the two sets of content.

So, by your measure, not relevant. Got it.

Thankfully you don’t speak for me or my friends or the players who posted about it in general. There are lots of issues it would seem and we can all show a little respect to each other if we have differing opinions on what the issue is. We’re just talking. That’s all this is.

I get excessively tired of people gating discussion for whatever ridiculous reason. In the end, we all want the game to be the best it is and if you disagree, just toss it out.

Ah, here we go. First off, I’m not taking any forum vacations because some randos disagrees with me. Second, because a few people disagree with me doesn’t mean the majority does, but some of you are so arrogant that you think you speak for everyone.

In the end, it speaks more to your character then mine that you have to go on the attack every time someone posts something you disagree with. Such a joke.

Wym disagree they squish 20s to 10s and your friends don’t like number being smaller despite all the rewards being the same that isn’t really comparable to pvp

2 Likes