PvP officially dead?

If disc priest and hpally weren’t so overpowered, PvP wouldn’t be dead.

We all playing blitz, away from that cancerous crap you call arena. Lots of activity here.

How many times a day do you repeat this?

certain brackets l are most likely dead, such as 3s.

not many people wanna wait around in lfg when they can just q up for a quick shuffle or blitz

blitz qs are pretty fast. 4 mins for a dps and instant for healers.
blitz offers more titles and achieves, easier and faster
blitz is more forgiving than dying and round being over.
blitz is a lot more laid back and i think a large portion of new players like that
blitz is the brand new premire content that people have literally been begging for for 20 years (solo q rbgs)

so yes its understandable blitz has probably sucked the life out of other stuff like 2s 3s 10s etc

1 Like

Dunno, I can’t count.

More that people aren’t hitting similar goals because the measure has changed. The part I’m saying is similar is just that from season to season the measure of success changes.

It also means more players are going to be stuck in some ranges with a small degree of potential variance. Similar issue happens in PvP. So like right now, less people are hitting those higher ratings and more players are pooling in the middle.

Yeah, and even if they somewhat perfectly standardized it between seasons that doesn’t fix whatever spec/meta based things that’d skew peoples perceptions in a similar way.

If I’m the exact same player with the same good and bad habits and mmr/io works the same way my score won’t be exactly the same because sometimes my spec/comp is good, sometimes my playstyle works with whatever is currently playing, etc.

“Keep it consistent” is really just “inflate things so i can get them passively”.

For sure, there are plenty of things we can’t account for, so instead we’d look at the bigger picture. Across the board, numbers are lower. If your aim is to hit 1800 and you know you have 0 chance of hitting that number, you’re likely going to quit or wait until the number is achievable. The first season of DF was fun because ratings felt engaging.

Have the numbers from then to now really dropped that much? I’d be curious to know. In the end, if MMR is that closely linked to total queues, then we really do need something better.

top of the ladder was nearly 4k mmr

And the game was very active. There is a happy medium in there.

2400 being the equiv of 1800 in a normal season is like borderline exploit tier

So all of Shadowlands?

Yeah. (Except Eternal, the true test of skill). :dracthyr_nod:

Not for people who find all of their self worth from an online video game. Their entire identity depends on having rewards that other people do not.

It’s cooler if it’s rare. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

Yea, that’s kinda the point. The game is more fun when there is more to play for. If you have these massive swings in what is considered successful, a lot of players are just going to wait or not play at all.

They really do need to lean more into % rewards, but at this point, even those probably aren’t going to amount to much.

Yea, there is no shortage of those players. The ebb and flow in this game is getting to be pretty ridiculous. For the serious players, the complete lack of cohesiveness from season to season sucks.

For myself, I know I’m a better player then I was in MoP, but honestly, I don’t have much to show for since. I’m sure the player base on the whole has also improved as well, but the lack of further progress does make the game just a bit less enjoyable. So it goes.

Well, those run into the same issue as non-inflated seasons where people reached 2400, 2700 or whatever several years ago and sort of expect to see similar results forever.

Percentage based stuff could be super easy or hard depending on where they put it.

Could be, but it’s one less factor to contend with. It’s also incredibly straight forward. Meanwhile, even for those of us who understand how the MMR system works, are still left a bit confused.

Within hours we’re back to square one of “make it top 15% instead of top 5% please, all my friends are gonna quit”.

Versus “I can’t hit 1800.” says the player that hit 2100 the prior season.

There are downsides regardless, would be good to minimize them. OR, they need to be a bit quicker to make MMR adjustments.