PvP Off-set pieces have an arena rating req on PTR

Is this true to original TBC?

Ring - 1650 rating req
Bracers - 1575 rating req
Boots - 1700 rating req

2 Likes

it wont stay, it’s just them copying original tbc. They’ll change it back to live values upon release or even mid ptr

2 Likes

I don’t recall honor gear requiring an arena rating… That’s kinda dumb, IMO.

1 Like

Yes, it is. Neck also has rating requirement too.

You can buy all Season 3 off-sets also during season 4 if you don’t do Arena.

yeah its dumb, its only going to harm what little participation is left because right now there is almost no one playing.

They really need to kill off rating on gear and simply give us re-color unlocks of the same exact items; basically MoP’s version of Elite re-color sets that we LOVED!

Also give us a special tabbard for say 2400 or something.

That’s the kinda stuff I want because the “Gear” is transitory and gets replaced, but tabbards and mounts are forever.

IF they did add T-Mog in Wrath, this would be even better because then you could T-mog your Season achievement sets.

There is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much left on the table, blizzard is foolish with how they handle PVP in “Classic”

I mean, first they are all “No changes” but then change the CORE mechanic of how rating works in TBC and they don’t even give us the good pre-BFA system, instead we got the poopy Late BFA / SL system that’s pure trash.

Oh but “no changes” am I right?

3 Likes

Yes, there were rating requirements on addition items in season 4.

It carried over to Wrath as well with rating requirements on almost every slot during that expansion and two sets of rating requirements for weapons.

if anything they will increase the rating requirements, blizzard loves them for some reason. out of touch

1 Like

They’re just listening to that one guy who says it’ll destroy PVE balance because it’s too easy to get pvp gear to use in pvp.

3 Likes

they arnt much better then season 3 gear off pieces so i dont need them.

Every little bit counts in PvP though. So many times in high rated games a rogue or mage has 100 health and get away. That 100 hp is from the upgraded gear. So maybe it doesn’t affect you, but it does for others.

3 Likes

It’s not what we currently see on the PTR though.

It is dumb, it’s only the last season that TBC had this. They need to remove the ratings or reduce the ratings, and if they include some rating req, they need to have last season’s gear on vendor, which they don’t as of now on PTR.

I hate how it feels like we are always having to just figure out for ourselves on patch day what Blizz is doing with anything PvP, like would it kill them to communicate this modicum of information, a simple confirmation of what they’re doing so people can prepare?

3 Likes

PTR is skewed because the vendors are not all available, including the Isle of Quel’Danas vendors.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.