PvP needs spell batching or the meta is tarnished

This is the result of the modern client. A lot of you will just have to learn to adapt.

2 Likes

thats not how that works. person that only has 67 posts in the classic forum.

a bug is a bug, an exploit is an exploit and something abused that was not meant to be intended but was later removed/fixed, is NOT going into classic.

you are to blame for your own disappointment.

1 Like

Except they’ve already made it very clear they’re using the modern server architecture for classic. Since batching was entirely an artifact of server architecture and not an actual design it’s safe to assume it won’t be in classic.

2 Likes

Then we’ll be stuck arbitrarily arguing over what should be considered bugs/exploits and within that what would be worth keeping for the sake of gameplay/enjoyment.

@Ziryus I know. I’m almost 100% certain that this won’t be in Classic based on the approach they are taking.

no, we wont. even without the actual facts when it comes to architecture, it STILL would never be added to classic. for those very reasons.

just because something can be determined as a vanilla experience, does not mean that it has to be included when it is a bug/exploit. if that is the case, why arent people arguing for the loot bug to be included but seem to only be demanding for bugs/exploits that give some kind of an upper hand, over other players.

and that isnt at all odd to you?

It is worth wondering. When it was removed, was it listed under bug fixes?
If your argument there is that since it’s gone, it was clearly a bug. Well, my Subtlety Rogue doesn’t have poisons anymore. Was Subtlety having poisons in Vanilla a bug?

idk. was survival hunter having a bow, compared to now where they use a polearm- a bud? or simple class design?

/eye roll

That’s exactly my point. Was it just design or was it a bug fix?

your joking, right?

No, i’m not going to did through patch notes but as I recall everytime it was improved and eventually removed it was just listed as server improvements.

1 Like

No. A good way to explain it would be graphics. WoW’s graphics in Vanilla were terrible in some respects. That was simply a result of the restrictions they had at the time. Same goes for the many ways combat functioned.

For the same reason that we aren’t arguing against widescreen support. Some things are objectively bad for the experience. Other’s are less black and white and have some redeeming qualities that can be argued for/against. Some things are probably not even clear whether they were bugs or intended. Hence why the flowchart approach is simplest.

1 Like

no.

it was simple class design or redesign, in modern wow’s case. they are two different games at this point and to use that as an example of a limitation that was exploited, is asinine.

thats like me saying (like my example) survival hunters cant use bows in legion anymore. which is the exact same thing as speed hacking.

oh and ps: classic will be having an upgraded graphics option. as well as a classic option. for those who played the demo. thats kind of unavoidable, seeings how 1.12 is being put on the modern client.

I am just saying it was how things were, is all. I don’t feel it was that much of an exploit if you timed your ability to counter another. You can sometimes do that on live.

2 Likes

i see. thats kind of contradictive to what everyone else is saying. according to everyone else, you cant predict it and thus, need that upper hand to do so. and now you are saying that it is about timing aka skill.

lmfao

you all are dense. i am going back to skyrim.

There 100% is skill involved. Just look up Rogues using Vanish to counter CC’s. Death Coil was very popular to counter because it had a missile. So, you had to get used to using Vanish just at the right time while it was flying towards you. Same goes for all things. Even Vanishing a Warrior’s Charge stun. Timing was very key.

Also, speaking of Skyrim, I’ve been playing ESO recently and have been loving it. :stuck_out_tongue:

E: Oh, and as for live. I’ve only done this a few times(very rare, since I barely even play my Night Elf). But, you can Shadowmeld CC’s on live. Well, you could during Legion.

as a rogue player, you always opened cheapshot gouge vs a mage. the mage would blink and land gouged more than 50% of the time. without spell batching rogues cant beat mages without tidal charms

4 Likes

I am disappointed. That entire statement you made alone goes against Classic ENTIRELY.

4 Likes

Thank you Ziryus.
I want to state however that based upon your wording it sounds more like a technical limitation than a flaw.

It was… by design.
"I don’t want to get too deep into the under-the-hood workings of WoW servers, but here’s a super short version. Any action that one unit takes on another different unit used to be processed in batches every 400ms. Some very attentive people may have noticed that healing yourself would give you the health instantly (minus client/server latency), whereas healing another unit would incur a delay of between 0ms and 400ms (again, on top of client/server latency). Same with damaging, applying auras, interrupting, knocking back, etc.

That delay can feel bad just due to the somewhat laggy responsiveness feeling, but also because the state of things can change during that time. For example: Holly the Holy Priest is healing Punky the Brewmaster. Punky spikes low, and Holly hits Guardian Spirit in a panic. The server verifies that Holly is able to cast it, and that Punky is alive (great!). The cast goes off, Guardian Spirit goes on cooldown, and a request is placed for the Guardian Spirit aura (that prevents dying) to be placed on Punky. That request will be filled next time the 400ms timer loops, which happens to be 320ms from now. 250ms later, the boss lands another hit on on Punky. Punky dies. Sadface. Another 70ms goes by, and the Guardian Spirit aura request pops up, and goes “Hey guys, I’m here!.. Aww… damn, I missed the party. Sadface.”

We no longer batch them up like that. We just do it as fast as we can, which usually amounts to between 1ms and 10ms later. It took a considerable amount of work to get it working that way, but we’re very pleased with the results so far; the game feels noticeably more responsive." - By [Celestalon] [on 2014/06/18 at 2:30 AM] (Patch 5.4.7)
Not a flaw.
Also by technicality, batching still exists but it was shortened to such a degree that it is ridiculous.

As such, being a piece of design during the Vanilla warcraft era it was default part of Vanilla. Not a bug, not a flaw, not something to be fixed. It was not an issue to be exploited and not a cheat to be abused. You compare using two classes but that very design allowed fights to work in that manner. Changing it alters the balance of the game.

To alter the balance of the game is to go against what Blizzard staff have directly stated.

5 Likes