PvP items still gatekeeped

Yeah he’s dps alright.

I get he’s ele/enhance spec and both of those are dps specs…

But I doubt he does anything close to be considered dps. Just a slow walking target dummy.

i mean corroded is good for playing comps without a healer
specially into comps like shadow priest rogue

1 Like

Yeah that’s cool, doesn’t change my point about his gear.

I honestly do not think you are. For the most part, you’ve been saying to just get good, which, by “what does promoting mean” on google, is not supporting or actively encouraging players. It’s more of a statement, and given on the rest of the context, in a more negative light.

Agreed.

Yet (and i’m surprised too) here he is. I can only imagine it means he has a deep passion for the game.

I’ve seen every iteration of the game for at least 1 season per xpac, if not more. There are definitetly times when sticking around past the first season, or only giving the last season of an xpac, is a good thing.

I like how we would rather discourege the players who -do- play, and also at the same time, also try to prevent new players from trying.

I’m also not oblivious to the squabble going on. I’m not trying to get -that- invested in it, personally. You do you, kind of thing. But as far as telling who has love and passion for the game, he kind of is the target audience. 1700 rated players. We need a lot more of those to fill up the ladder.

If you wanted to promote something to him, you definitely dropped the ball on what you were promoting. Again, i don’t think “just get gud 5head” is encoureging or supportive. Although i do appreciate that others at least took the time to, at one point, inquire about why he does what he does.

It’s unfortunete he rebuttled with “it’s not of your buisness”. It is what it is.

Also it’s not just for title spots, either. It’s so i can play alts, and others can play alts and actually learn the game. Last thing i want to do, and it’s been happening already, is face 2400+ experienced players on an alt of their main class at 1500-1800 when i’m trying to play my alt resto druid.

I would have picked up priest too, if i didn’t notice that trend early on.

Uniroincally, this is also directed at me.

Now, as much as i’d like to claim i was a glad player, i never have hit glad. Closest was when i was 2655 and glad was 2713, WoD Warmongering Season.

I have hit duelist, a top 3% title (at least once) in
TBCc
WotlKc
OG MoP
OG WoD
Legion top 3% in rbgs last season cause i didn’t play that xpac until then
BFA
SL

I of course, have all the achievements to prove so on this account. You would just have to take the time and look for them.

And i’ve been 2350 this season when glad was just 2500… But the season isn’t over and the rating will only climb, as it always has.

So with a fixation on gear like i do, that means i’m on a low skilled player, and my opinion holds no weight. Does that make anyone under 2400 2s or 2300 3s a low skilled player as well?

Obviously being facetious. I think we need open dialogue from, hopefully, both ends of the spectrum. I do agree that most opinions on class changes, hotfixes, or balancing should probably be kept to those who are even high than myself. But things like should gear be available to anyone who puts in time?

I seriously don’t see why not.

i back up alphonce on this one
faced this guy many times before
good hpal and good guy

ww dk player so had the most victories on me than the way around

1 Like

“It’s more of a statement”, yes, that is all statements. Thanks.

Get good, in context to Wafectus, is to run an actual talent build, focus on the correct pieces of gear for that, gem and enchant it correctly, don’t run a staff with agi enchant and a parry gem as enhancement, and then work on fundamentals and grow from there.

I’ve explained this to him multiple times in multiple threads. Thanks for joining in 300 posts in.

Means nothing.

You’re basing all of this off of my interaction with Wafectus alone.

And you’re doing it with vastly less context than what’s in this thread. :point_down:

This is 19 days ago. There is a difference between someone trying to get better despite their current gear, and someone like Wafectus, who actively wants the game to be brought down to a queue based single player game with no challenge presented at all.

I will encourage the former. I will discourage the latter. Don’t confuse that about me.

This is an individual who actively and aggressively shoves his opinion down your throat, will insult you after you respond, and then derail any logical stance presented back at him.

You said you don’t want to be that involved, then don’t.

There is a distinct difference between wanting your upgrades, and believing that a couple of minor upgrades (head and shoulders wrathful from relentless) is the end all be all key that stops him from being awful.

This is what I mean by fetish and fixation on gear. If you want to include yourself in that, be my guest.

Wafectus openly griefs himself, then cries out about how it’s unfair. If you want to try to be on his side, go for it, it doesn’t change anything I said to him so far, nor will it.

1 Like

yea key is solid tbqh
some tank in a gdkp freaked out that i upbid him on jugg’s vitality as a resto sham

i feel bad everyone bashes on this dude, hes so belligerent on forums but radio silence in game

Yea but in cata, there’s 2 tiers of free weapons below it (honour one and conquest one)
Surely this is better than the current phase? And infinitely better than S5 (1 rating locked trash wep that was a whole tier lower than pve weapons)

i just thought you may enjoy cata since 90% of the issue you are posting about seems to be removed

You had just replied not too many minutes ago before…

Guess you must have conveniently gone to bed.

Should I be clogging the chats, day and night with horse manure like you and your circle of vultures like to do?

How thoughtful of you.

I did. Is that an issue?

And deflect more. Out of the entire post that’s all you had to say, so I guess I’ll take that as another concession.

You are the antithesis of “Everybody else is wrong but me” Skinner meme.

1 Like

I’m not the one imposing what I think is META on others.

No, you’re just calling everyone else cheaters because youre running a braindented talent spread with mix matched gear.

And complaining about how it’s all gatekept when you’re the one shooting yourself in the foot with a self sabotage build.

Ironforge(dot)pro → Wafectus

1 Like

I’m not imposing anything on players. Players are just not as braindead as you and can figure out what works and what doesn’t. It’s not anybody’s fault you haven’t figured that out yet.

1 Like

It’s more than obvious ppl are cheating. Anyone who does arena would see that.

You must not do arena; or, you’re on the cheating side of it.

You’re at 1600 elo and your “cheaters” are maybe, maybe-not, arena boosters, and your low APM where you feel like you’re “being lit up with a full range of debuffs instantly.”

So I highly doubt you.

1 Like

Translation: I’m not bad at the game. Every time I lose, it’s because everybody who beats me is a cheater in arenas.

No.

Lol if you have never got an 1800 wep during Ssn you just…wait for it…suck bad brotha

Arena is a rigged game to begin with.

Dude, just stop.

Just because you’re unable to break into 1700, doesn’t mean that arenas are “rigged”. It’s not anybody else’s fault that you’re incapable of reflecting inward on how bad you are.

Having those shoulders/weapon and helm isn’t going to help you break 1700. Just stop.

Really?

How can you call it a fair system if there is a gear disparity going in?

And I noticed you recently decided to add me to your friends list. How lovely of you.