PvP is on the wrong path... not sure if it can recover

Me thinks blizz should use chatgpt to balance things.

Yeah. It’s dawning on me that this has continued to be a “make everyone happy” which is 100% blizzards biggest weakness.

1 Like

Yea. Like with Classic. I think it was a good idea, but I honestly thought it was going to be short lived. Or at the very least… stay true to itself, which it didn’t. That said, I would bet a lot of the people that came back to wow for classic have probably already moved on. Lots of people in classic would just as easily swap back to retail IF it were the only content. So now what? Does classic just remain a thing forever and retail will always just have competition? Classic vanilla, bc, and wrath all made a lot of sense. But cata? WoD… or even BFA :nauseated_face:?

Seems at some point they need to consolidate some content or rotate it. This would help with queue times in all content.

Read this whole thread about how PvP is going, the levels of depth and complexity.

I see new players today trying wow today and changing their minds fast…

For this reasons, or those reasons, what this guy or that guy said… Its becoming less and less fun every expansion, as players age out, are new ones coming in? How long can a game survive on mostly adults who still play talking about the good old days playing wow as kids way back then lol.

They managed to piss me off for so many little changes lol. I’m 100% firmly in the no change crowd. All I wanted to do was mess around in arena and duel people with the old gold batching wow had. Shadowstepping charges. Vanishing blinds. The fun dorky stuff I used to love doing.

All gone. The window is now 0.01s down from 0.30s and it’s just inhuman. Literally intentionally changed confirmed by a dev.

I think pvp is fun now more than ever… but the balance keeps getting worse every expansion. And that is exactly what taints peoples perception. Class design now is peak but balancing numbers just becomes harder and harder.

Ovo now also punishes those of us who only mostly play a “main”
Week one wow I have to deal with dh and dk being broken
Week two now I have to deal with all the dh rerollers that went warrior
Week three now I have to deal with the rerollers than went warlock.

Feels like everyone has 10 toons available to just swap and abuse the curretn busted spec and that is blizzards fault. Balance has gotten worse every expansion while class design had improved

Yea, I was hoping it was going to be mostly the same as it was prior. Like minus dks being absolutely busted. I can see them not wanting to go through all that again… but everything else should have remained the same. Instead we got easy mode 25 nax and people being fully geared in 2-3 weeks. The second week I cleared nax with a pug in full blues. At first I thought maybe it was just that easy and it was old content, so maybe I wasn’t remembering it correctly.

And nope. All the content was substantially nerfed. Was such a let down considering I leveled up a hunter over there. Thought it would be fun to try arena, but I assumed that was going to be messed up as well.

1 Like

Didn’t they buff naxx for wotlk classic? It was always that easy

2 Likes

Nah, that’s how naxx was in wotlk. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

2 Likes

So, that’s how the raid was on release but we got late patch classes/specs which means class balance is completely different and we understand/know what’s meta and all the strategies so it feels a lot easier (and might be, because of class balance since they went with way later patch stuff rather than the patch naxx launched with)

2 Likes

I have idea remove RSS.

Problem solved.

Deflation solved.

Inflation solved for the 3v3 ladder.

Regular BGs defiantly need to be more of an experience. That isn’t even a question to me. What I mean by casual rated experience is something outside the box/fun/different than the good old standard arena/bg that also has a rated attached to it. A lot of people want arena/rbgs updated but also don’t want them to change. Kind of a weird thing honestly, but BG Blitz is that. Has a fast pace fun aspect to it that players can also climb the rating ladder on.

Welcome to what happens when blizz artificially slows down rating gains to keep people subbed…All this will do is make average players quit until inflation kicks in.

I don’t have anyone queueing on my friends list currently.

1 Like

PvP is just PvE against players now, it feels awful. Bring back actual outplay potential instead of “I just did unhealable damage”

1 Like