PvP intentionally stalled in Classic

Classic using 1.12 as a base doesnt imply classic being 1.12.

yeah thats true but the pvp gear is definitely being delayed beyond where it existed for comparable raid gear

Not sure how that math adds up. Each of the 6 releases includes PvE content. You’re starting to smell like a troll.

4 Likes

1.12 is the baseline for spell values, talents, etc. It has nothing to do with Ion, it has everything to do with trying to make the content release as close as possible to being authentic. Only reason to be upset is you can’t poopsock rank 14 at launch, and more people will be geared, so there will be less of an advantage to poopsocking the grind.

Boo hoo.

3 Likes

They announced it earlier today. The honor system will be in Phase 2 while AV and WSG will be in Phase 3.

That said, we don’t know how long they will wait between phases.

not trolling buddy, i was there pvp’ing and getting field marshal in those days

i’m honestly prolly too vested into it because of that. I remember vividly the status of pvp epic gear vs raid gear for many tiers.

this smells of bliz delaying pvp gear because it was substantially better than raid gear for quite some time

Thank you, totally missed that.

Edit: Super awesome they are releasing that in the buckets I thought they might. Not because it makes me right, but because it is closer to actual Vanilla and there are ‘reasons’.

2 Likes

lol it is true that us pvp’ers will want pvp gear to have a nice advantage because that is the genuine classic experience for quite some time

you’re right, we’ll just have to deal with it but it will honestly just kill off pvp participation

You actually made me giggle

1 Like

The honor system was introduced before BG’s in retail vanilla. Idk what the issue is

1 Like

also waiting to see if they are just bringing a gigantic non-classic numbers grind, or if they are bringing the entire honor decay system back

That post says it will work the same way. Clear your schedule.

1 Like

nah the pve release is not similar to vanilla classic either, they are staggering pvp far more than the pve

The content release schedule is literally built around the original patches and PvP is staggered accordingly.

Phase 1: Launch-1.2
Phase 2: 1.3-1.4 --> Honor system (1.4)
Phase 3: 1.5-1.6 --> WSG & AV (1.5)
Phase 4: 1.7-1.8 --> AB (1.7)
Phase 5: 1.9-1.10
Phase 6: 1.11-1.12

1 Like

Deal with it imo.

PVP INTENTIONALLY STALLED IN CLASSIC

In short, yes. Of course they did.

Incorrect, you get PvP. Which is something many people would like. That period of time where PvP isn’t about currency collecting. World PvP thrives in this environment.

2 Likes

I disagree. I think it will encourage participation because more people will be on even footing at launch of the honor system.

2 Likes

The whole point of the phases is to simulated the stages that existed at varying points of vanilla, to allow some sense of progression.

Same reason they’re treating WOW Classic PvE that way. To give players who do not want an instant rush to what 1.12 was like some sense of that original progression that patches provided.

If you really hate it that much, start playing in Summer 2020. (Or start PvPing, more accurately.) Consider this: Those who like the earlier iterations won’t get to have them forever, and that’s disappointing to them. Those like you who only like the later iteration may have to wait, but once you get to all phases released, it won’t change again.

Doesn’t smell like a troll, smells like someone who likes the private server model, which promotes toxic gameplay out the gate until enough people are 60 and can queue for BGs.

I"m not sure I understand the complaint. All of the PVE content is being gated as well. No one is going to raiding Naxx within the next year.