PvP intentionally stalled in Classic

So we get nothing on launch. Despite the 1.12 patch having a complete pvp system and gear, it is being omitted, probably to not compete with raid gear as Ion has a strong pve preference in gearing.

phase 2 (some months later and new pve tier) gets an honor system without battlegrounds and a colossal grind for pvp gear using only world pvp kills. Again this is completely different than existed at this time in classic.

phase 3 (more months later and another new pve tier) we finally get a couple bg’s to generate honor for the pvp gear and ranks. Along with the bg vendors for AV/WSG but they are delaying some of that vendor gear as well.

why they gotta treat classic pvp and rewards as something that needs to be nerfed and held back?

2 Likes

Because the honor system wasn’t available at vanilla launch. Same reason Naxx isn’t available to raiders right away. It’s designed to feel like the flow/progression of actual vanilla.

2 Likes

No… It’s not. That’s the whole point of this content release schedule is to make it a more authentic Classic experience.

The PvP system was introduced before battlegrounds.

5 Likes

you need to go read about patch 1.12 in classic

Changed it for u !

2 Likes

The content phases are designed to give a somewhat more authentic feel to the release of the game. That’s why they’re not using 1.12 loot tables right away either.

Delaying BGs also gives world PvP some time to shine before it’s dealt the heavy blow of BGs being more efficient at ranking up.

They just need to shift DHKs to phase 3 and then we can get some proper city raids going on.

Content release schedule isn’t meant to mimick 1.12. It’s meant to mimick a vanilla content release schedule similar to how it went down between 2004 and 2006.

3 Likes

nah the pve release is not similar to vanilla classic either, they are staggering pvp far more than the pve

Blizzard hasn’t released any information about how the Honor System or Battlegrounds are to be released. If you have a post from Blizzard, link it.

This is how that actually went down in Vanilla

1.4 - Honor System
1.5 - Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch
1.6 - Blackwing Lair
1.7 - Arathi Basin and Zul’Gurub

Having ranking, BGs and BG rep rewards in the game from launch has it’s own set of things to navigate.

Let Blizzard announce how it will be packaged.

Classic using 1.12 as a base doesnt imply classic being 1.12.

yeah thats true but the pvp gear is definitely being delayed beyond where it existed for comparable raid gear

Not sure how that math adds up. Each of the 6 releases includes PvE content. You’re starting to smell like a troll.

4 Likes

1.12 is the baseline for spell values, talents, etc. It has nothing to do with Ion, it has everything to do with trying to make the content release as close as possible to being authentic. Only reason to be upset is you can’t poopsock rank 14 at launch, and more people will be geared, so there will be less of an advantage to poopsocking the grind.

Boo hoo.

3 Likes

They announced it earlier today. The honor system will be in Phase 2 while AV and WSG will be in Phase 3.

That said, we don’t know how long they will wait between phases.

not trolling buddy, i was there pvp’ing and getting field marshal in those days

i’m honestly prolly too vested into it because of that. I remember vividly the status of pvp epic gear vs raid gear for many tiers.

this smells of bliz delaying pvp gear because it was substantially better than raid gear for quite some time

Thank you, totally missed that.

Edit: Super awesome they are releasing that in the buckets I thought they might. Not because it makes me right, but because it is closer to actual Vanilla and there are ‘reasons’.

2 Likes

lol it is true that us pvp’ers will want pvp gear to have a nice advantage because that is the genuine classic experience for quite some time

you’re right, we’ll just have to deal with it but it will honestly just kill off pvp participation

You actually made me giggle

1 Like

The honor system was introduced before BG’s in retail vanilla. Idk what the issue is

1 Like

also waiting to see if they are just bringing a gigantic non-classic numbers grind, or if they are bringing the entire honor decay system back