PvP hit chance

Can anyone explain it to me? I have 5% hit as a melee and my abilities still “miss”. Also, my abilities get dodged from behind.
Everywhere I’ve read says that 5% is the hit to avoid missing on yellow attacks. They’ve also said that its impossible for players to dodge from behind but I’ve found to be false. Is this just a bug or is my information wrong?

You missing and them dodging are different things.

You can still be mitigated via dodge/block/parry but the hit cap is designed to prevent you from missing.

1 Like

Isn’t the duel wield miss chance like 40% or something?

I also have 5% hit and i had a blind miss this morning… first time that’s happened.

Was it a miss or resist? If I’m not mistaken Blind is nature element in classic/vanilla and can be resisted.

Also, in relation to the OP, keep in mind your hit% doesn’t negate your targets mitigations.

+defense increases the chance that enemies miss you
maybe your enemy has +defense gear
that or you don’t have 300 weapon skill

1 Like

Dual wield has 25%ish miss chance, 2 handers have 9% miss chance.

I believe you need a 5% to hit on equal lvl character to never miss special attacks.

2 Likes

Hit cap is 8-9%, its just not worth the stat loss to go any higher than 5, unless you’re DWing which miss cap is much higher.

Not enough information. What level are you, what is your class, etc.

If im not mistaken it should be 9 as the first 1% is negated? I know it was a blue that said something like that.

It’s 9% for bosses, where they have an extra three levels on you. In pvp your levels are equal so it should be like 5-6%, don’t know exactly honestly.

You always have a 1% chance to miss though, no matter how much you have. So that’s probably where these misses are coming from.

Yeah. You cannot have less than a 1% miss chance in PVP.

You always have at least a 1% chance to miss or have them resist, no matter how much hit or spell penetration you have.

2 Likes

I don’t think people realize that since it hasn’t been that way for a LONG time.

1 Like

I remember it from BC. I don’t think I’ll ever forget.

When you lose Glad because of a 1% counterspell resist, that tends to stick with you.

(Ok, fine, I probably wouldn’t have hit Glad anyway, but that one match was still really important and would have gotten us from ‘about 50 points away’ to ‘about 10 points away’.)

3 Likes

RIP your counterspell :frowning:

2 Likes

NPCs can dodge from behind. Players can’t.

Depending on PVE vs PVP, weapon skill and enemy defense skill, that’s correct. But it varies.

19% higher than your yellow cap. So while 9% hit will yellow cap you against a mob 3 levels higher than you, it takes 28% in that same scenario to white cap while dual wielding.

That’s a mechanic of spells only, not physical attacks.

2 Likes

Blind is a poison

Then either what they are using is classed as a spell or they’re not giving the whole picture.

Defense gear actually works in pvp, so you have a chance to miss against warriors with might gear on for example.

rogues blind can be resisted by another rogue cause of heightend senses talent