PvP hit chance

Thanks, didn’t know this. Never had the opportunity to play vanilla so everything I’m learning is from other people’s memory.

Thats what I’ve read as well but this is actually false. I’ve attacked people who were afk, just tapping them until honorless target falls off and my attacks were dodged while I was behind them.

Can you explain? Do you mean physical abilities or are you talking about auto attacks? I’ve definitely had abilities like Blind/Backstab/Ambush/Gouge all miss even with 5% hit rating. Makes sense what Wirt/Aryxymaraki is saying based off of what I’ve experienced, but I’d definitely like to hear you elaborate.

By spells I mean magical spells, such as the things Mages cast. By physical attacks I mean both melee abilities like Backstab and Ambush, auto attacks, and ranged bow/gun/etc attacks. Note that there are some famous oddities. Taunt, a melee range Warrior ability, goes off of spell hit and therefore has an irremovable 1% miss chance. I don’t know which version of +hit Blind uses.

You normally can’t draw a definitive conclusion about PVP hit caps by citing the appearance of misses while at the supposed cap. You don’t know what the opponent is wearing most of the time, and if he’s wearing defense gear, your hit cap against him will be higher than normal. The Resto Druid DoT Insect Swarm also raises your hit cap when afflicted.

There is always a 1% chance to miss on abilities. Players can dodge from behind if there is lag going on too.

Hit chance doesnt matter as much in PvP. a little bit, 2-5% goes a long way. More is better but hit% is better for PvE.

5%hit is all you need to never see “miss” by default for a yellow attack, this does not however take into account talents like “heightened senses” which adds another 4% miss for ranged attacks and spells.

I figured out my issue - I didn’t have 300 weapon skill in daggers. I use a sword main hand dagger off hand and apparently if you arent capped at 300 skill for each weap you do have a chance to miss on abilities (yellow)

I know this thread is old, but I’m getting bloody tired of getting multiple yellow-hit misses in PvP. Two in a bloody row, combined with a white miss and a dodge on the SAME GUY within 4-5 seconds.

This game is broken. I played an enhance shaman back in the day, and don’t remember EVER getting this unlucky this consistently.

I’m not even complaining about only 40% of my hits landing in PvE, because mobs have always had crazy mitigation.

Seriously pisses me off how I keep losing fights in PvP due to 60%+ of my attacks missing.

So incredibly stupid.

I’ve held off letting my sub expire due to wanting to make this character for BGs, but now I’m probably over it.

oh man thats the worst lol