Pvp Gearing, something's missing

suf·fi·cient

*adjective*

adjective: **sufficient**; determiner: **sufficient**

1. enough; adequate.

Yes, blue gear is enough/adequate to queue into random BGs and have an impact and/or carry a game.
If you are struggling with this then it is, as I said, a skill issue.

A few classes might be fine in honor gear, mainly ranged, provided they position themselves such that they aren’t getting focused. And, perhaps rogues who do some sneaky objective play.

I think the true test is to see how things go for you as a frontline melee wearing nothing but honor gear.

What? I assumed you got it from your first win on each toon. That’s how i’ve gotten all of mine. It was from the Victory Boxes.

I get one Splintered Spark of Shadowflame per week from victory boxes. They really need it to open up and allow more to drop. It should have changed with conquest being uncapped.

Every class can do fine in honor gear.
People making these “blue gear is bad” arguments are arguing in a vacuum. They imply that the enemy team is always full conq BIS tier set and so on. That is not the case. Both teams are a mix of gear. Your enemy is wearing blue gear too. Thus, honor works perfectly well given that fact.

But yes, of course, some specs do have a larger impact irrelevant of gear.

2 Likes

I think this is valid for most PUG vs PUG matches. Things tend to even out, generally. But that isn’t usually the case when there is a geared premade on one side. In a ten man map, the geared preform will typically have one or two undergeared people on their side while the PUG team can have four or five if they aren’t matched against another premade.

I’ve been in a few matches already this week where everyone on one side was over 550K HP and the other side had five people in the 300-500Ks.

Also, this is assuming the undergeared player sticks to the teamfight. If they are stuck guarding a base they are most likely going to get dunked on by a conquest geared player. And, that happens quite often because in my experience undergeared players often get left behind to defend because the conquest geared players feel that they are far too important to be guarding a base.

imo they should just be boas bcuz my mains have so many considering we can only equip 2 precog or crafted pieces at once ? or we allowed to craft full 450 set completely ? i was under the impression we could only equip 2 crafted pieces ? Then it would help alts out aswell kind a liek how they did with renown level catch up in SL liek a token or something we can buy for 1000g or something .

ive only gotten mine from winning bgs sometimes at the end of ashran for example itll show up in the thingy l, or ill get it from the box .

You can only equip 2 crafted pieces at one time

1 Like

You might’ve already completed the quest or have the quest item in your bag or bank if that’s the case.

I’m 90% sure it’s a 100% drop chance whenever you first opened a battleground cache/box the start of 10.1. First thing I did when 10.1 dropped and we could craft gear with PvP ilvl I bought a box for 5000 honor and picked up the quest right away. Friend of mine had no idea he had the quest item in his bag when I told him about it.

To clarify: you can equip as many crafted items as you want, but only two can be embellished.

That is what is so nice about the crafted gear. You can customize your stats, however, the rate at which you get the splintered sparks makes that a long term goal.

2 Likes

I even knew about it on my hunter but didn’t know what it was called and had it in my bags for two weeks before I noticed it. “What’s this quest item? OH SNAP I’ve been looking for my free 450 crafted items”.

My priest got two of them mailed to him for some reason. Irritated the hell out of me because I couldn’t delete the second piece of mail since it wouldn’t let me pick the quest item up. It finally disappeared after a maintenance day.

And sparks of shadow flame have a catch up mechanic but it does require you do other content if you want them fast. The weekly quests have a chance to drop it, including the loam ally one. Winning BGs drops the half spark from the bags but winning random bgs can be… inconsistent.

I wonder if you need to do some of the campaign to unlock it. My priest who i capped a few weeks ago doesnt have it. I need to check my druids bank to see if i just threw it in there.

IIRC there was a quest giver as soon as 10.1 started with the quest to get the sparks for a victory box. Not sure if the appearance of it is related to the campaign story or not

That’s what I assumed

Yeah, I also think it’s a 100% drop rate from your first purple victory box.

Timestamp:
1m 17s

I wonder if my dumbas deleted the quest item. But then i would expect a new one to pop up in my bags later

Blizzard is like Delro already got the quest item. No need to give them another one.

If you deleted it, is that something you can Item Restore?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/restoration

My bags are a mess. If i showed you a screenshot, your head would probably explode.

Use the search thingy near the top of the main bag.

Not listed on the item restoration so hopefully i just threw it in my bank. Ill check later after work :b

1 Like