PvP gearing is bad and not fun (HELP)

Ahhhhh chew sniffle

Oh whoops I did sneeze in this theard almost a year later? Whoopsies

1 Like

I was disheartened to hear the response in the latest QnA about how PvP already has the ‘most’ choice then any other means of gearing… reaaaaaly? is that what you think? you think you do, but you dont…

I do not like that PvP gear and PvE gear separation has been gone away with. This has ruined the PvP scene. Absolutely PvE content in this game is really good (as far as raiding goes and M+ I really think it is nice), but because they baby that content so much, PvP gearing is absolutely not fun, the reward system of pvp makes people not want to play it. All my friends that healed PvP before no longer want to do that, or quit pvping all together due to it being unrewarding and some changes that were done to healers.

3 Likes

No matter what we say, no matter how constructive the solutions most of us present to them, THEY WILL NOT LISTEN! Me personally, I just pray that these people will get hit something really hard from the sky.

1 Like

If they literally boosted the sigil level to match the chest level, PvP gear becomes mostly fixed. The only other problem to me at least is the stats and traits suck on most of the gear. I could live with that at least.

1 Like

Give me PvP Vendors or give me death! I believe thats how the old saying goes.

1 Like

Give me sandbox loot player corpses and your crappy Warmode will be fixed to have participants.

oh hey, question here. If I reply to this thread, does it bump it? :rofl:

Update time.

I am still too dumb to understand the current PVP gearing for season 2. Please go back to vendors Blizz. Thanks!

1 Like

we want vendors!

4 Likes

This was the central mistake. It means that PvE players who liked to engage in casual PvP get zero reward from PvP.

How did they not see how badly this would turn out?

2 Likes

Idc about PvE gear being usable, it actually helps participation because it’s not another barrier preventing people from hopping in.

The issue is broken trinkets from PvE. Soon gear will have insanely op procs, and you can PvE for way better gear with half the effort. Mythic giving 2100 rated gear lol okay.

PvP gear needs to be tuned better. The weekly cap is useless after you get Maledict because it scales horribly so you’re forced to rely on a weekly RNG chest and hope it’s the right stats. They talked about better targeting for gear, then made it useless after a month into the season.

1 Like

actually it hurts participation. So while you have a small minority of new people playing PvP, only casually, you at the same time have a HIGH majority of long time PvPers that not only do the casual PvP but also the rated PvP as well leaving the game; this is because they dont want to be forced to PvE. Overall, its a net loss.

5 Likes

That’s why you make PvP gear scale better, so PvE gear isn’t superior. It doesn’t hurt participation if they do it correctly, which they are not doing.

2 Likes

It’s bad and not fun…

3 Likes

It was more fun when there was more proper pvp gear with resilience. It didn’t take long to get a baseline set and be competitive. It meant you lived long enough to have a decent fight vs getting burst down intstabtly. But to my recollection, we didn’t have broken skills that did x% of target max hp as dmg either.

Versatility seems underwhelming right now in addition to it being a collosal pain to actually put a set together without vendors. From what I can telll I would need 20% versatility to get a 10% dmg reduction while resilience (as I recall) just reduced chance to be critical.

One of the current issues for battlegrounds is if you can’t win you can’t get any gear there (even if it isn’t what you need). The old system of getting a little bit of honor for losing meant you didn’t feel like you totally wasted your time losing several bgs on a bad night. In addition to being able to actually work toward the gear piece you need / want.

Seems like arena used a different token back then for better gear option, but it’s been a long time. The idea though that gear separation some how reduced participation inherently is poorly thought out. Bad mechanics for acquiring any and all gear such as BFA burns people out due to rng everywhere and reduced participation.

Granted they sort of bandaided the conquest bar reward in 8.1? So you can pick from a few options of a given slot but you’re still kinda stuck.

Sry for any missed typos and punctuon - posted via phone.

3 Likes

It’s so disheartening to read through the very detailed post and some well thought out replies and only to realise that Blizzards response is essentially: “Nah, you’re wrong and don’t know what you are talking about.”

2 Likes

It’s even worse now, because the person who WAS replying got laid off. Now it’s likely back to radio silence from blues. RIP Ythisens.

4 Likes

Who are you?

i hate the “you think you do, but you don’t” mentality about pvp right now.

Sure there’s a barrier. The barrier is “this is a waste a of time” and not even bothering. And then the barrier of “I forget the game even has PvP”.