PVP gear prices in pre patch

I know there’s no definitive answer but does someone have an educated guess? I dont’t remember how it was with the original wrath pre patch but what do you guys think will happen to pvp gear and their prices once pre patch is dropped?

s1 even cheaper?
s2 even cheaper?
s3 for honor?
s4 for honor?

4 Likes

Please Blizzard, would be nice to plan for prepatch

2 Likes

I doubt they make S4 gear cost honor during pre-patch.

5 Likes

I’d not complain about cheaper. 70 gear up should begin next week if I get a nice tail wind. Some family plans coming up are looking to divert that plan a bit. we shall see.

I’d not need top of the line cheap as hell. Something better than quest greens at 70 to not have most in a bg curse my name would be cool.

I get new 70’s and crap gears are not liked there. but, yeah, catch 22 says hi.

Im not on the Beta atm but last time I checked vendors it’s going to be Brutal Gladiator for Honor, so Season 4 set gear. Each set piece is around 18k honor which is roughly 100 BG marks.

Im not sure it will be in pre-patch either but it might be when they convert existing BG tokens.

Where did you see this? i can’t find info anywhere

The gear is sold by the vendors on the Beta but I don’t know if it will be available immediately when prepatch hits.

Brutal won’t be open for honor, last time on the beta both S3 and 4 were untouched before the npcs being removed.

S4 was never given out for honor in the original TBC prepatch however, S3 should be in prepatch.

The npcs were removed for some arbitrary reason, they aren’t like being taken out of the live game.

1 Like

I’m not saying this is final but currently on the PTR S1-4 sets are all removed from honor. You can only buy s3-4 with arena points. Rating requirements are still there on set gear.

1 Like

No, they are 100% for Arena Points in the Beta and PTR.

Why would you purposely say wrong info?

I want Brutal to sell for honor but there’s no update on that, currently it’s still Blizzlike and you can just buy off-pieces.

Im not sure it will be in pre-patch either but it might be when they convert existing BG tokens.

That’s literally in the prepatch, wtf lol

check the ptr?

They will announce more on this when they announce the end of season 4. Take gear prices and stuff on ptr/beta with a grain of salt.

1 Like

What’s the fuss?? If you don’t already have the sets why care this soon to Wrath?

I think you might’ve come off your meds early. Might need to taper bro…

This is true, but I’m almost 100% sure this isn’t complete or in error on PTR/Beta. Veng has to come down to honor, and brutal to be removed from game completely if my memory serves me right. Also, area 52 vendors have been de-spawned, so this ALSO is in error, they have been in area 52 since retail TBC —> to current.

I would settle for S3 for honor.

It won’t matter to me since I came back and did 5s for it, but for anyone coming back now or in the prepatch (Or is making a DK) it’s a pretty big sad to see all of the gear locked from you.

I was actually pretty certain they’d change it so Brutal would sell for honor in the pre-patch but now I’m less certain. Getting pretty close to prepatch date.

2 Likes

Nvm they did remove vendors with the gear but Stomwind has a vendor with Guardian gear still up just no place to get set pieces. GG

If they sell for honor would this gear out pace leveling greens from quests? :thinking:

Yes, mileage varies by spec, but for Feral for example there are no upgrades until 78, and even then I expect most pieces to last to 80 regardless unless I specfically aim for Pre-Bis before 80. Haven’t checked my pre-bis list yet so not positive on that part

1 Like

I’m not saying Blizz Classic is anti PvP….

But…

1 Like